Should T6 tier even exist?

Solomon

Vote here:  

46 members have voted

1. 1. As the title, shoult T6 exist in its current form?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Dont care.
    • Other opinion (please write down)

52 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Although... not to be a stick in the mud... that is what TFPs did quite a lotin their history. "The System that shall never be named again" was just better than what we had now, but it had some designflaws that could have been ironed out, but was scrapped altogether. And I am ashamed to admit, but i forgot the others. I know there were a lot of examples... but ever since I withdrew from avtive 7D2D it just isn't on my mind anymore :'D

Point beeing: I just hope your view leaks through and they wont just scrap and redo systems over and over and over again :)

The universe is back to normal.

Vik....you are not a developer. Of course it is not ridiculous for developers to decide to cut whatever they choose to. It's their game. I guess I should have stipulated that it is ridiculous for a player to expect an entire feature to be removed just because it isn't exactly the way they want it. You really need to stop (in your mind) equating yourself to the developers.

Also, the system that shall not be named again was the player progression system. It was not completely removed. The implementation was shifted and with all due respect, if you were paying attention, it was shifted incrementally over a few alphas. Progression was pure LBD in Alpha 11-13 and then Hybrid skillpoint/LBD in 14-16 and then pure skillpoint in A17 and above. Even during the Alpha 14-16 era the footprint of LBD was decreased incrementally. In Alpha 14 we had full on spam crafting, in Alpha 15 we had workstation spamcrafting, and in Alpha 16 spamcrafting was removed altogether though there were still other aspects of LBD present.

So, no, nothing was ripped out suddenly and removed in A17. The path was being followed all along and the current implementation of player progression actually is the pinnacle of iterative development and not simply as you claim "scrap and redo". There has been some of that over the years as they experimented with things and as technology has progressed. But in this case, if you step back and look at the forest instead of that favorite LBD tree, you can clearly see a development arc that has brought us to where we are.

22 hours ago, Tourist said:

Adding fire to your axe is a simple as wrapping it in oil soaked cloth for example.  A gun that fires flaming bullets or some other such nonsense shouldn't even be considered, imo.

Yea let's set the wooden handle of our weapon on fire on the off chance that it also burns the bad guy. That makes sense! Not.

I originally opposed g6 being not craftable, but it works out well.  It's not necessarily "artificially extending a playthrough" or such since crafted g5 stuff is more than enough to survive even at highest difficulty.  Knowing that there's g6 stuff somewhere out there among the ruins or as a possible quest reward helps to keep pushing forward.  The randomized stats keep the g6 stuff interesting since you can still get an upgrade.  Yeah, a poorly rolled g6 will generally outdo a good g5 due to extra mod slot, but who wants to loot a g6 and go "wow my g5 is better, rip"?

22 hours ago, Tourist said:

An ax head is not wooden. Just sayin'...

Try setting that non wooden axe head on fire and then spreading that fire to something else. Alternatively try wrapping that axe head in gas soaked cloth etc and then being able to use it and also not set the handle and yourself on fire. None of these are feasible. My point stands. A flaming axe is absurd and not something I will ever use. I find the flaming mods pure garbage other than flaming arrows/bolts. they actually have a basis in reality.

5 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Try setting that non wooden axe head on fire and then spreading that fire to something else. Alternatively try wrapping that axe head in gas soaked cloth etc and then being able to use it and also not set the handle and yourself on fire. None of these are feasible. My point stands. A flaming axe is absurd and not something I will ever use. I find the flaming mods pure garbage other than flaming arrows/bolts. they actually have a basis in reality.

i'm not denying the absurdity of it, i'm just stating that one is possible -however impractical- whereas the other (flaming bullets and such) is not.  My point stands as well.

Archived