Tehnomaag

Why are the devs screwing over agi/stealth in their POI design?

On 10/14/2020 at 4:03 PM, Kalen said:

Except, maybe they don't want you to know in advance.   Asking for some sort of notification letting you know what happened seems reasonable.   Asking for some sort of warning letting you know whats going to happen is probably not.

Even if they dont want us to know, just make the zombies awake and moving around.

Im not sure if theres anything in this game what looks worse then some random shambler doing a full 180 because you entered the room in full stealth gear. Also it doesnt need to be actual warning, these things can be used to set an atmosphere and also its quite possible to suprise a player without going for ceiling zombies and stuck in a furniture setups.

Examples:

1. Graveyard and other places where its ambient to find dead in the ground could have some random dead hidden by an instabreak dirt block so the player falls in the hole and has to wrestle with the undead there. Quite scary deal.
  2. If every dead could crawl we could have some fake ventillation point like looking places all around factories and bunkers where the dead crawls out and rushes at us in feral mode after we passed throught that point a bit. Makes people paranoid towards walls.
  3. One dead right behind where a door opens up so hes in coverage is always a good scare.
  4. The runner strike i mentioned has no signs expect the runner rushing at you and exploding alerting every dead in the building.
  5. Turn all the fake bodies ingame into zombie looking ones and randomly make one of them into zombies when hit.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if only and only the SleeperVolumeFlags determines the behavior of the zombies of the given sleeper volume or does there exist some other triggers as well that make the sleepers attack the player upon entry or reaching a certain point or touching a certain container?

For example, what does the SleeperVolumeGroupId determine considering there also exists a SleeperVolumeGroup setting that seems to point to a setting defined somewhere else of what type zombies can spawn in a given volume?

6 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

For example, what does the SleeperVolumeGroupId determine considering there also exists a SleeperVolumeGroup setting that seems to point to a setting defined somewhere else of what type zombies can spawn in a given volume?

There doesn't seem to be anything in entitygroups.xml which would tie to those group IDs. My suspicion (not tested yet) is that the group ID allows POI designers to tie sleeper volumes together, so that triggering any of them triggers all of them.

I think each sleeper has a setting which determines its type (or the entitygroup it's pulled from).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boidster said:

There doesn't seem to be anything in entitygroups.xml which would tie to those group IDs. My suspicion (not tested yet) is that the group ID allows POI designers to tie sleeper volumes together, so that triggering any of them triggers all of them.

I think each sleeper has a setting which determines its type (or the entitygroup it's pulled from).

Hm that would make some sense I suppose. Otherwise it would be very hard to make a zombie rush from a little distance away if one starts opening some looooong open time container (like ammobox, for example) I have observed in some custom POI's in compopack. But if it would be possible to define a relatively tight additional volume around the container, linked to some further away volume it would be easy to arrange. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:54 AM, Boidster said:

That is correct. It is very useful.

• Thanks 1