Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Yark said:

I haven't seen any indication that Solomon thinks the game is harder because of auto-aggro rooms, and I certainly don't.

After rereading older posts by Solomon I would agree. Most likely just sloppy language, which I'm guilty of sometimes too.

2 hours ago, Yark said:

If I meant to say unrealistic, then I would have said unrealistic. The word I used was nonsensical, meaning it doesn't make sense within the established game mechanics. 

If you want to talk about AP ammo, then a valid comparison might be hyper-sensitive zombies which will almost certainly detect you regardless of your build. In the same way that AP ammo negates armor, so too would a sensitive breed of zombie negate your stealth. This would be fine with me, as it would make sense. Instead we have normal zombies in some rooms that are alerted when you cross a boundary, regardless of your stealth.

The underground room which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, is an obvious trap room and I can see that it was designed as such. I actually don't have as much of a problem with this room as, say the entry room for the orange mansion POI. That first room has only two zombies, and for some reason is the only auto-aggro room in the entire POI.

Why? Beats me. 

Designers make mistakes like everyone else. Finding a specific room that doesn't make sense as an auto-aggro room won't exactly shock me.

I assume you made sure it really is auto-aggro? It seems many cases are now attributed to auto-aggro even if it is just a random stealth check not succeeding. Also number of zombies in a room is random, did you go into the editor and count spawn locations?

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Yark said:

I haven't seen any indication that Solomon thinks the game is harder because of auto-aggro rooms, and I certainly don't.

After rereading older posts by Solomon I would agree. Most likely just sloppy language, which I'm guilty of sometimes too.

1 hour ago, Yark said:

If I meant to say unrealistic, then I would have said unrealistic. The word I used was nonsensical, meaning it doesn't make sense within the established game mechanics. 

If you want to talk about AP ammo, then a valid comparison might be hyper-sensitive zombies which will almost certainly detect you regardless of your build. In the same way that AP ammo negates armor, so too would a sensitive breed of zombie negate your stealth. This would be fine with me, as it would make sense. Instead we have normal zombies in some rooms that are alerted when you cross a boundary, regardless of your stealth.

The underground room which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, is an obvious trap room and I can see that it was designed as such. I actually don't have as much of a problem with this room as, say the entry room for the orange mansion POI. That first room has only two zombies, and for some reason is the only auto-aggro room in the entire POI.

Why? Beats me. 

Designers make mistakes like everyone else. Finding a specific room that doesn't make sense as an auto-aggro room won't exactly shock me.

I assume you made sure it really is auto-aggro? It seems many cases are now attributed to auto-aggro even if it is just a random stealth check not succeeding. Also number of zombies in a room is random, did you really go into the editor and count spawn locations?