Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

28 minutes ago, Yark said:

It's inappropriate for a moderator to attempt to pit me against another member of the community for the sake of argument. But as far as I can tell, Solomon has been talking about auto-failure systems, which might be what is confusing to you. An auto-failure system is one where, because of game design, an element of your character is disabled and you have no recourse. Examples of this would be rooms where stealth is disabled, or rooms where your armor value is set to zero. The latter of these doesn't exist of course, but is something I'm using to draw a comparison.

In a previous post, you said that an auto-failure system for your stealth level would just be a "special challenge." I'm telling you that it isn't challenging, and is simply nonsensical. In fact, just now you have said that no POI in vanilla has a chance to kill a prepared player.

Yes, I made an edit because it might just be inaccurate language or hyperbole in Solomons statement. But "You fail" is definitely different than "your stealth fails".

AP ammo makes your armor auto-fail (in this game only to a percentage and only if and once bandits with AP-ammo are in). I have played games where AP-ammo ignores 100% ammo. Is that not auto-fail as well by your definiton ?

I specifically said "for players >500 hours playtime". If you succeed to remember every room and corner of the POIs in the game there is (outside of making POIs procedurally generated) no way for the developers to surprise you. If you complain loudly about this fact of life, please study philosophy instead of wasting our time 😉 . Auto-aggro rooms probably are a challenge for players who haven't played the game to extinction. I can't speak for them though, and you sound like neither can you.

28 minutes ago, Yark said:

It's inappropriate for a moderator to attempt to pit me against another member of the community for the sake of argument.

Pit you? Are we at war? Is this a combat situation? I was under the impression this is a discussion.

If both of you criticise auto-aggro but Solomon thinks it makes the game unfairly hard but you think it doesn't make it more difficult at all and base your argument on it, why shouldn't I bring this up as a problem in YOUR argument?

meganoth

meganoth

Just now, Yark said:

It's inappropriate for a moderator to attempt to pit me against another member of the community for the sake of argument. But as far as I can tell, Solomon has been talking about auto-failure systems, which might be what is confusing to you. An auto-failure system is one where, because of game design, an element of your character is disabled and you have no recourse. Examples of this would be rooms where stealth is disabled, or rooms where your armor value is set to zero. The latter of these doesn't exist of course, but is something I'm using to draw a comparison.

In a previous post, you said that an auto-failure system for your stealth level would just be a "special challenge." I'm telling you that it isn't challenging, and is simply nonsensical. In fact, just now you have said that no POI in vanilla has a chance to kill a prepared player.

Yes, I made an edit because it might just be inaccurate language or hyperbole in Solomons statement. But "You fail" is definitely different than "your stealth fails".

AP ammo makes your armor auto-fail (in this game only to a percentage and only if and once bandits with AP-ammo are in). I have played games where AP-ammo ignores 100% ammo. Is that not auto-fail as well by your definiton ?

I specifically said "for players >500 hours playtime". If you succeed to remember every room and corner of the POIs in the game there is (outside of making POIs procedurally generated) no way for the developers to surprise you. If you complain loudly about this fact of life, please study philosophy instead of wasting our time 😉 . Auto-aggro rooms probably are a challenge for players who haven't played the game to extinction. I can't speak for them though, and you sound like neither can you.

17 minutes ago, Yark said:

It's inappropriate for a moderator to attempt to pit me against another member of the community for the sake of argument.

Pit you? Are we at war? Is this a combat situation? I was under the impression this is a discussion.