Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

37 minutes ago, Kalen said:

That doesn't make sense.... either it means you have 6% less chance of being crit vs 4% less chance of being crit.... meaning that the -6% should be better (not worse like @hiemfire is seeing) or it's saying you are 6% more likely to be crit vs 4% more likely to be crit which would be a ridiculous stat for armor.

Well, mathematically -4 IS a higher number than -6 is. And we are talking about a RESISTANCE, where higher values are better.

To visualize it: Draw an axis going from left -10 to the right +10. Highlight -6 and -4 on that axis. You will see -4 is more to the right, i.e. higher. (Or, since negative values can be viewed as penalties, the penalty of 4 is lower than 6)

Probably an empty armor slot has a crit resistance value of -10%, i.e. an even lower value aka higher penalty.

meganoth

meganoth

35 minutes ago, Kalen said:

That doesn't make sense.... either it means you have 6% less chance of being crit vs 4% less chance of being crit.... meaning that the -6% should be better (not worse like @hiemfire is seeing) or it's saying you are 6% more likely to be crit vs 4% more likely to be crit which would be a ridiculous stat for armor.

Well, mathematically -4 IS a higher number than -6 is. And we are talking about a RESISTANCE, where higher values are better.

To visualize it: Draw an axis going from left -10 to the right +10. Highlight -6 and -4 on that axis. You will see -4 is more to the right, i.e. higher. (Or, since negative values can be viewed as penalties, the penalty of 4 is lower than 6)

Probably an empty armor slot has a crit resistance of -10% or more, i.e. an even lower value aka higher penalty.

meganoth

meganoth

35 minutes ago, Kalen said:

meganoth

meganoth

34 minutes ago, Kalen said:

To visualize it: Draw an axis going from left -10 to the right +10. Highlight -6 and -4 on that axis. You will see -4 is more to the right, i.e. higher. (Or since negative values can be viewed as penalties, the penalty of 4 is lower than 6)

meganoth

meganoth

34 minutes ago, Kalen said:

To visualize it: Draw an axis going from left -10 to the right +10. Highlight -6 and -4 on that axis. You will see -4 is more to the right, i.e. higher. (Or since negative values can be viewed as penalties, the penalty of 4 is less than 6)

meganoth

meganoth

17 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Well, mathematically -4 IS a higher number than -6 is.

To visualize it: Draw an axis going from left -10 to the right +10. Highlight -6 and -4 on that axis. You will see -4 is more to the right, i.e. higher. (Or since negative values can be viewed as penalties, the penalty of 4 is less than 6)