Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
hiemfire

hiemfire

14 minutes ago, Danidas said:

In other words my argument boils down to this "Stealth is to Agility what Mining is to Strength".

With the exception of the mining perks affecting all block damage, not just against the earth blocks (the various soils, "natural stone" and ores), and what you get from the palletized resource stacks and not having anything that completely negates them... At worst with the mining perks you have to swing longer for the same end result. With Stealth you completely lose access to what you've invested in and have to do something else. Imagine having random clumps of resource blocks strewn through out the underground that could only be harvested by a timed charge, and all you get out of them is stone... That's an Aggressive Volume equivalent for Mining/Strength.

11 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Also the reduction in time it takes zombies to forget you is a life saver.

Even if you get it down to 20 seconds (iirc that is the result of the final point in FTS), they should either be dead or you should be long gone by then.

13 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Not to me.... the damage increase on sneak attacks is substantial.

Maybe. You're probably getting more out of the headshot crit chance from increasing your weapon's primary attribute than you are from HS.

hiemfire

hiemfire

1 minute ago, Danidas said:

In other words my argument boils down to this "Stealth is to Agility what Mining is to Strength".

With the exception of the mining perks affecting all block damage, not just against the earth blocks (the various soils, "natural stone" and ores), and what you get from the palletized resource stacks and not having anything that completely negates them... At worst with the mining perks you have to swing longer for the same end result. With Stealth you completely lose access to what you invested in and have to do something else. Imagine having random clumps of resource blocks strewn through out the underground that could only be harvested by a timed charge, and all you get out of them is stone... That an Aggressive Volume equivalent for Mining/Strength.

6 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Also the reduction in time it takes zombies to forget you is a life saver.

Even if you get it down to 20 seconds (iirc that is the result of the final point in FTS), they should either be dead or you should be long gone by then.

10 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Not to me.... the damage increase on sneak attacks is substantial.

Maybe. You're probably getting more out of the headshot crit chance from increasing your weapon's primary attribute than you are from HS.