Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

5 hours ago, Lesdeth said:

I said tier 4 to 5 missions, which many of them auto aggro most rooms.

I'm pretty sure that Red Mesa is Tier 4

I know for a fact that there are zero POI's (other than possibly one of the new firestations) where most of the rooms are set up to auto aggro. As I mentioned to someone else, if they are aggroing then you are failing to stealth in at least some of those cases but that it is possible to do so. The code is proof that most sleeper volumes are active but not auto aggro. That is just a fact looking at the code.

So if I want to play on the hardest settings, I can't use tactics and instead HAVE to run and gun just to be able to survive past day 15?

YOU do. Doesn't mean others can't use tactics. We are all limited by the level of our skills. If you turned down the difficulty to better match your skill level you could use tactics. Someone else would be able to use tactics at your difficulty level because they have the skills to do so. It's a tough bit of self-awareness and acceptance especially if gamer ego gets in the way.

However, what the hell is wrong with having multiple ways to clear a building?

Nothing...which is why it can't all be done with stealth. Many areas can be but others will require other methods and collectively that makes "multiple ways". You are the one who is proclaiming that the only way it can be done is run and gun. But you also sound like a speed player. When you play for top efficiency and speed you lock yourself into single pathways. With ambush points in a building you would have to go very slow and always be tense ready to switch tactics. Obviously slow is not your thing so because you like fast, you feel you must run and gun and it is your only option.

Roland

Roland

I said tier 4 to 5 missions, which many of them auto aggro most rooms.

I'm pretty sure that Red Mesa is Tier 4

I know for a fact that there are zero POI's (other than possibly one of the new firestations) where most of the rooms are set up to auto aggro. As I mentioned to someone else, if they are aggroing then you are failing to stealth in at least some of those cases but that it is possible to do so.

So if I want to play on the hardest settings, I can't use tactics and instead HAVE to run and gun just to be able to survive past day 15?

YOU do. Doesn't mean others can't use tactics. We are all limited by the level of our skills. If you turned down the difficulty to better match your skill level you could use tactics. Someone else would be able to use tactics at your difficulty level because they have the skills to do so. It's a tough bit of self-awareness and acceptance especially if gamer ego gets in the way.

However, what the hell is wrong with having multiple ways to clear a building?

Nothing...which is why it can't all be done with stealth. Many areas can be but others will require other methods and collectively that makes "multiple ways". You are the one who is proclaiming that the only way it can be done is run and gun. But you also sound like a speed player. When you play for top efficiency and speed you lock yourself into single pathways. With ambush points in a building you would have to go very slow and always be tense ready to switch tactics. Obviously slow is not your thing so because you like fast, you feel you must run and gun and it is your only option.