Day and Night Wasteland Demolisher

arramus

A second effort while working through the tutorials on xpath/xml coding. Feedback and advice from the modding community is greatly appreciated.

This modlet allows Demolishers to spawn in the Wasteland during the daytime and at nighttime. The Demolisher has simply been added to the requisite zombie group for that location and will spawn within standard probability parameters. However, in real play testing, being placed at the top of the group list seems to give the Demolisher a higher probability of spawning first or very early into the spawn cycle.

I am relatively new to 7D2D and missed out on Snufkin's Zombies as they appear to need a bit of tweaking for the latest build. However, I did play on a server where the Demolisher was roaming quite freely in the Wasteland and Forest (possibly just walked out of the Wasteland) and I wanted to play it again. That mod was probably made by @War3zuk as I did see it on a mod site but it had been pulled for incompatibility issues with an update. I couldn't find any others around the community similar to this and am attempting to emulate it because it was a lot of fun. As such, credit for the inspiration must certainly be directed at War3zuk unless I missed other builds; apologies if that's the case. I did however build this the hard way through trial and error and going through the xml files. I am glad I did as there was a reference to a wasteland group of zombies appearing with the Screamer and an earlier build I tested would have seen a Demolisher visiting someone's front door when it is least expected. Giving the Demolishers a unique group solved that issue.

As with the standard settings, spawns of any zombie in the Wasteland during the daytime is infrequent while nighttime can become a real challenge if you stick around long enough. Allowing Demolishers to spawn at any time just adds to the challenge.

The modlet can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/arramus/Demolisher-Spawner

INSTALLATION - For players and server hosts who have never installed a mod before
If you've never installed a mod before it is necessary to create a mod folder in the main directory or in an area suggested by your server host if they have modified the installation. Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature). If you drag the mod folder directly out of the zipped file it can be placed directly into the Mods folder and the game will look in there as you launch your World. If you allow your unzip function to extract the folder, it may make another unnecessary folder and place the mod inside it. This will not be recognised by the game/server if you place it in the Mods folder like this. Please take it out of the extra folder level. The top layer will be a single folder and in the second layer you will see a ModInfo.xml file with or without additional folders depending on the mod. This will become elementary once you've launched a few mods.

Daytime - Nice and sedate.

Spoiler

20200922212846_1.thumb.jpg.a6e91d3e9b5de38514f644abe0646a37.jpg

Nighttime

Spoiler

20200923004137_1.thumb.jpg.f645fbe3397434340679b45316b9fb59.jpg

Nighttime Extreme

Spoiler

20200923004817_1.thumb.jpg.b179acb1ed0a1e1a7c8ebbfdb7c674de.jpg

<configs>

<set xpath="/spawning">

<biome name="wasteland">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="0.3" time="Day"	entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandDayDemolition" />
		<spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay="0" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightDemolition" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="0.3" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsWasteland" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

</set>

</configs>
<configs>

<append xpath="/entitygroups">

<!-- Based on "ZombiesAll" as per current wasteland day setting - Gives more variety with recent additions -->

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandDayDemolition">
		<entity name="zombieDemolition"/>
		<entity name="zombieBoe"/>
		<entity name="zombieJoe"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteve"/>
		<entity name="zombieMoe"/>
		<entity name="zombieYo"/>
		<entity name="zombieBusinessMan"/>
		<entity name="zombieArlene"/>
		<entity name="zombieDarlene"/>
		<entity name="zombieMarlene"/>
		<entity name="zombieSkateboarder"/>
		<entity name="zombieCheerleader" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieOldTimer" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieBiker" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieFarmer" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieStripper" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieUtilityWorker" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieJanitor" prob="0.2"/>
		<entity name="zombieNurse" prob="0.3"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteveCrawler"/>
		<entity name="zombieFatHawaiian" prob="0.3"/>
		</entitygroup>

<!-- Based on "ZombiesWastelandNight" as per current wasteland night setting -->

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightDemolition">
		<entity name="zombieSpiderFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieBoeFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieJoeFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteveFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieMoeFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieYoFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieBusinessManFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieArleneFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieDarleneFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieMarleneFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieNurseFeral"/>
		<entity name="animalZombieDog"/>
		<entity name="zombieSteveCrawlerFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieFatCopFeral"/>
		<entity name="zombieBurnt"/>
		<entity name="animalZombieBear"/>
		<entity name="zombieWightFeral"/>
		<entity name="animalZombieVulture" prob="0.6"/>
		<entity name="animalZombieVultureRadiated"  prob="0.4"/>
		<entity name="zombieMaleHazmat" prob="0.2"/>
		<entity name="zombieFatHawaiian"/>
		</entitygroup>

</append>

</configs>

18 hours ago, War3zuk said:

Yeah that code was only kept upto date in my Overhaul Mod.. The Giant versions are pretty cool too.. Think I have them spawning in every biome..

I'm just watching how things go with your B8 testing and smiled at the FPS gains. I'm well up for seeing them in action once you are comfortable to release that build.

1 hour ago, Reflow718 said:

Good work as always, will be putting in my game haha

Yes, that glowing yellow light in the Wasteland is a sure sign to be just that little bit more vigilant. And if you want to run the Behemoth, as I know you have that in your files, and this Demolisher mod at the same time, let me know and we can make a small adustment to the Behemoth mod to allow the Demolisher to also spawn by adding it to the list of possible zombies that visit the wasteland.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Hello,

have one question : is it already working in A19.2 ?

Because i have read on mods-web that this was cancelled due some problems in b163 or so ??? THX for answer...

Yes PeNa, this works on 19.2. It has very basic code which can stay the same from A18 to A19 and probably earlier as well. Will you use it with Snufkin Zombies as well? If you do, I can share another way for you. 

10 minutes ago, arramus said:

Yes PeNa, this works on 19.2. It has very basic code which can stay the same from A18 to A19 and probably earlier as well. Will you use it with Snufkin Zombies as well? If you do, I can share another way for you. 

Actually, for me it is not working ? I tried it offline, i go into that biome wasteland, and dont met any demolishers...but maybe it will take some time, idk...

And...on my public server i have only forest + desert + some snow biomes :))) so i can not use it there...

And i do not use Snuffkins zombies, i dont like them, too much sci-fi for me :))) but im using the best mod - Snufkins Serverside vehicles, thats the best one !!! 

To be honest, this was an early mod while I was learning the code and could be much better.

Anyway, here is a way to make the Demolisher appear quicker.

Go into the Config folder and open the entitygroups.xml file.

Delete all of the zombies in the lists until it looks like this.

<configs>

<append xpath="/entitygroups">

<!-- Based on "ZombiesAll" as per current wasteland day setting - Gives more variety with recent additions -->

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandDayDemolition">
		</entitygroup>

<!-- Based on "ZombiesWastelandNight" as per current wasteland night setting -->

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightDemolition">
		</entitygroup>

</append>

</configs>

You will see 1 Demolisher very regularly in the daytime and 3 Demolishers very regularly at night time.

Ya, this was a novice's attempt, not that I'm still not far off that label, to get to grips with xml. My mistake was to make a whole new group when I should have just added him directly to specific wasteland groups as a single additional entity. This kind of doubled up on the stock zombies as well... Live and learn.

I'll release it again soon with that in mind once I have a few days to play some new community mods.

Archived