Jump to content
Jay_ombie

A19 Diary Discussions

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

"Industrial generator"

Hmmm... a more "powerful" generator can be done through xml. Does having less connections and more power from a source help with performance?

3 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Still refuse to use solar in the game because of that Trauma :D

Hahaha, I never tried out the electricity until A18 came around. I avoided it when it first came around for the reason of "trauma." 😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Riles said:

 

Hahaha, I never tried out the electricity until A18 came around. I avoided it when it first came around for the reason of "trauma." 😛

 

Well A18+ they really did awesome Updates that were fairly stable even in experimental.

 

But A16 ( we do not talk about A17!) and beyond .. there were many experiments in the experimental phase :D

"Never play on patch day"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a book that allows the player for a chance of harvesting honey from trees. Does anyone know if this percentage is based on per hit to the tree, or if the game decides that x tree will give you honey and x tree will not in advance? If it's the former, I'll be using the chainsaw from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

There's a book that allows the player for a chance of harvesting honey from trees. Does anyone know if this percentage is based on per hit to the tree, or if the game decides that x tree will give you honey and x tree will not in advance? If it's the former, I'll be using the chainsaw from now on.

you only get one honey and its random, so if you uses a stone axe or a chain saw, it does not change the chance or the amount!



Also 2 more days till the 28th! :)

Sidenote: god Darnit! yall Choses 10pm EST, i got Online class!

Oh well, better drink the Homemade hooch to stay awake!  

 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

There's a book that allows the player for a chance of harvesting honey from trees. Does anyone know if this percentage is based on per hit to the tree, or if the game decides that x tree will give you honey and x tree will not in advance? If it's the former, I'll be using the chainsaw from now on.

I'm pretty sure it's per hit, 5% chance. I got 2 honey from a tree once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't comment on whether you can get two.  I suspect that's from the bonuses of Motherload, and see no reason it couldn't give it to you.  But I doubt its 5% per hit, else you'd get one nearly every time cut down a tree with a stone ax or chainsaw.  Might even resort to punching!

 

Its not entirely relatable, but I had the same question about getting radiators and engines and batteries from cars after an extremely unlucky run of 20+ cars with no engines using a T6 impact driver. 

 

So I went to creative, spawned in 40 cars, and pulled them apart with a modded super-driver that 1-shot each level of the car, then repeated with a Q1 wrench.  It's not a statistically significant test, but I did get with 1-2 results from each run, out of all three types: batteries engines, radiators.  In fact, it was so close, it was almost suspicious.

 

In any case, I determined (to my own satisfaction) that I got the appropriate number of special items regardless of how many hits it took to get through each layer of the car.  That tells me they determine it at some point, but I'm not sure when.  Last hit?  First hit?  What if someone else hits the car first, then I do?  Does it even matter?  Does the game store that decision in case I don't tear it down, and then log out, and the server restarts?  Why do I even care, since I normally have more than I need of each of them?  Because, I just do!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

If the magnum book series is still labeled under the 44 magnum, perhaps it would be a worthy idea to expand the terminology to include the desert vulture? "44 firearm" book series for instance.

The Vulture is a magnum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stample said:

Can't comment on whether you can get two.  I suspect that's from the bonuses of Motherload, and see no reason it couldn't give it to you.  But I doubt its 5% per hit, else you'd get one nearly every time cut down a tree with a stone ax or chainsaw.  Might even resort to punching!

It says 5% in the block.xml

    <drop event="Harvest" name="foodHoney" prob=".05" count="1" tag="WasteTreasuresHoneyHarvest"/>

I guess I didn't get 2 from one tree, but i did one time cut down about 6 and ended up with 3 honey 😕

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hiemfire said:

The Vulture is a magnum.

The average Joe / Jane probably won't know that. When they think of a magnum, they probably picture an Old West style type of revolver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

When they think of a magnum, they probably picture an Old West style type of revolver

Not me!

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, NukemDed said:

? did i miss something?

just got 10% xp loss from dying

havent died in ages. how long has this been in and why?

I think this is why a lot of people just play dead is dead now. 

Sometimes dead is better! 

1PSQ1.jpg

22 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

There's a book that allows the player for a chance of harvesting honey from trees. Does anyone know if this percentage is based on per hit to the tree, or if the game decides that x tree will give you honey and x tree will not in advance? If it's the former, I'll be using the chainsaw from now on.

I'd like to know this too! My ditsy lil brain tells me that each tree has a percent chance to give honey once you have the book lol. I don't have a brain for math, it's quite beyond my comprehension lmao.  😅

20 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

you only get one honey and its random, so if you uses a stone axe or a chain saw, it does not change the chance or the amount!



Also 2 more days till the 28th! :)

Sidenote: god Darnit! yall Choses 10pm EST, i got Online class!

Oh well, better drink the Homemade hooch to stay awake!  

 

Ohh. that makes sense. I should have read down lower before writing my quote thingie for @MechanicalLens :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

magnum

noun

mag·num | \ ˈmag-nəm \

Definition of magnum

: firearm capable of shooting moustaches.  Popular in the 1970's

 

 

 

spacer.pngss3320759_-_photograph_of_tom_selleck_as

 

 

Edited by The Gronk (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roland said:

Not me!

 

giphy.gif

LOL. On aNother nOte, please stay on topic or you will be banned ..... from my heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

LOL. On aNother nOte, please stay on topic or you will be banned ..... from my heart. 

If you've seen the movie... that IS on topic lol

  • Sympathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

LOL. On aNother nOte, please stay on topic or you will be banned ..... from my heart. 

Then im in the pit of Hell of rolands heart!


lol

 

Spoiler

Also waiting for A20 dev diary is making the voices crazy!


STOP IT!

 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blake_ said:

LOL. On aNother nOte, please stay on topic or you will be banned ..... from my heart. 

not banned...just moved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Laynie According to other forum members here, the XMl's state that every time you hit a tree it's a 5% chance that you'll get one honey, although I'm unsure if it's limited to one honey per tree or not, although I find this to be the more likely scenario. So if you want to extract the maximum amount per harvest, use a chainsaw vs a steel axe. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

@Laynie According to other forum members here, the XMl's state that every time you hit a tree it's a 5% chance that you'll get one honey, although I'm unsure if it's limited to one honey per tree or not, although I find this to be the more likely scenario. So if you want to extract the maximum amount per harvest, use a chainsaw vs a steel axe. :)

The xml says the chance is 5%, but it is not said of what it is 5%

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meganoth said:

The xml state the chance is 5%, but it is not said what 100% is

 

It's either 5% per tree or it's 5% per swing. Wish I could type more but my cat insists on sleeping on my laptop's keyboard. Now she's meowing up a fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, meganoth said:

The xml state the chance is 5%, but it is not said what 100% is

 

 

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

It's either 5% per tree or it's 5% per swing. Wish I could type more but my cat insists on sleeping on my laptop's keyboard. Now she's meowing up a fit.

No. It could also be 5% chance per second of hitting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

 

No. It could also be 5% chance per second of hitting.

 

In that case, using a chainsaw would be a far more efficient solution of potentially extracting more honey anyway. If it takes longer to down a tree, and if the XML is designed in that favor, then you'd theoretically get more honey via time spent chopping or per hit vs a steel axe which only requires a couple hits / a few seconds to down said tree.

 

If it's 5% per tree at random selection (i.e. this tree will give you honey, this one will not), then it literally would not matter if you used a fully modded level 6 steel axe or your bare fists.

 

Of course though with it being such a low percentage chance you'd have to chop down thousands of trees to get accurate test results back. One experiment would be how much honey did you get on average by hitting 300 HP trees vs 1200 HP trees with the same tool, although such an experiment would obviously still raise a lot of questions.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...