Jump to content
Jay_ombie

A19 Diary Discussions

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Sounds to me like survivalist at least. What difficulty level are you on?

Nomad difficulty. Mountain lions are tough.

This is why I argue the snow biome is tougher than the wasteland. Sure, the wasteland has vultures, zombie dogs, zombie bears, land mines... but the snow biome has mountain lions, dire wolves, lumberjacks, and bears literally everywhere. You'll spend a good portion of your time early on trying to find a house that doesn't have a mountain lion or whatever prowling around outside.

 

One major benefit of the snow biome, ironically enough, is there's food growing everywhere. I got 2 and a half stacks of snowberries by the end of day 1.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Nomad difficulty. Mountain lions are tough.

This is why I argue the snow biome is tougher than the wasteland. Sure, the wasteland has vultures, zombie dogs, zombie bears, land mines... but the snow biome has mountain lions, dire wolves, lumberjacks, and bears literally everywhere. You'll spend a good portion of your time early on trying to find a house that doesn't have a mountain lion or whatever prowling around outside.

 

One major benefit of the snow biome, ironically enough, is there's food growing everywhere. I got 2 and a half stacks of snowberries by the end of day 1.

I see. Well body shots with stone arrows can take a fair amount of time because the head is hard to hit when they are clipping/jumping. I love those moments. The efficient hunter in me says to build a tiny tower of a good 6 blocks foundation and fine enough height to avoid jumps and stuff, but sometimes we don't have the luxury and have to improvise with cars and big landscape stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

I see. Well body shots with stone arrows can take a fair amount of time because the head is hard to hit when they are clipping/jumping. I love those moments. The efficient hunter in me says to build a tiny tower of a good 6 blocks foundation and fine enough height to avoid jumps and stuff, but sometimes we don't have the luxury and have to improvise with cars and big landscape stones.

Then I'm lucky (or unlucky) that the mountain lion didn't budge at all during the, um... process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Any chance we could get more sleeper volume triggers? Maybe an "Alert" one that spawns them in wandering around right off the bat? Would be a nice option. :)

Let me guess... you hate stealth, right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Let me guess... you hate stealth, right?

I stealth alot, and walk among them at night without being noticed most of the time. it would add an edge to it indoors. so not a bad idea. just dont make it too common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ALWAYS leave home without a shotgun and a club...just my iron knuckles now on day 23 and I destroy @%$#! love it...

 

But yeah , out of all the new POI's I have explored this play thru , my favorite one so far is the "Boars and Corn" one...with that giant , green mutated pig in the underground below the place....that was a nice surprise and a real monster lol , it hurt me and took an absolute beating to take down! 

Edited by Demonoid74 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Well Fun Pimps, we asked for tougher animals, and you certainly delivered. Thank you for that. :)

7_Days_To_Die_2020-09-19_8_13_52_PM.thumb.png.165f4eb5b0dc8ffadf9a7bb7a28a3a57.png

WHAAAAAT!?!? It only stood up to twenty some arrows? What a wimp! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demonoid74 said:

I ALWAYS leave home without a shotgun and a club...just my iron knuckles now on day 23 and I destroy @%$#! love it...

 

But yeah , out of all the new POI's I have explored this play thru , my favorite one so far is the "Boars and Corn" one...with that giant , green mutated pig in the underground below the place....that was a nice surprise and a real monster lol , it hurt me and took an absolute beating to take down! 

Ah, Grace. Yes that was a cool surprise. I hope there's more of that in the game but so far I've found none. 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunting at night with Night vision

 

I went hunting at night because it was too boring to just hang out at my base, waiting for feral's to attack me. 

Really I was going to do a mission but suddenly there were all these animals so I had to try. 

 

I ended up killing two wolves, one looked like a dire wolf. 

I found a bear nearby. Did you know that you can climb on top of the bridge? So I was shooting it but then got hit by some zombies that were coming from behind and were gnawing on my backside. I took care of them and went back to shooting the bear. 

I ran out of arrows and my blunderbuss wasn't doing anything. So I attacked it with my shovel but kept getting hit. I tried again with my blunderbuss. It worked now. 

I did not make it to the mission but had a load of meat and stuff and so headed back home around dawn. 

 

Things of note:

Night vision is great. 

Primitive bow's aim and damage still suck. 

Blunderbuss can be powerful but only at point blank range and can still miss. Guess that's why they call it a blunder. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sillls said:

 

 

Things of note:

Night vision is great. 

Primitive bow's aim and damage still suck. 

Blunderbuss can be powerful but only at point blank range and can still miss. Guess that's why they call it a blunder. ;) 

I think bows should get a Complete Redo. Its hard to aim and don't do too much damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I think bows should get a Complete Redo. Its hard to aim and don't do too much damage. 

Blasphemy! Get yourself a crossbow and leave the bow alone.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, meganoth said:

Blasphemy! Get yourself a crossbow and leave the bow alone.

 

 

 

But Crossbows are boring! There i said it!

 

REAL MEN uses Bows! But Still Bows need some Good old TLC. i may make a post a Idea about bows on the pimp dreams.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

But Crossbows are boring! There i said it!

 

REAL MEN uses Bows! But Still Bows need some Good old TLC. i may make a post a Idea about bows on the pimp dreams.

Maybe explain why bows are hard to aim. The only reason I see for it being hard is because you have to adapt to the ballistic trajectory. But that is exactly the reason why the bow is not boring and the crossbow is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

once upon an alpha... they used to..

Thanks...I thought so but wasn't 100% sure I was remembering correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ezed said:

I've always wished arrows caused some bleed, at least with non infected animals.  :) 

why not both.

 

 

my idea to make the bow at least simi better is

 

Sight (it has a Base sight and you can put reflex sight on it)

Faster but less accrete Fire when not ADSing

Slower but stronger shoots when ADSing

New way of holding it

Able to fire more then one arrow (by holding R and selecting Muilti shoot. you will need 3 stone, iron or steel arrows) 

More Mods to uses (Laser sight, New sight and Flashlight)

Does bleed damage (10% with stone, 25 with iron, 50% with steel)

Does More cripple damage when hitting the knee. (i took a arrow to the knee)

8 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Maybe explain why bows are hard to aim. The only reason I see for it being hard is because you have to adapt to the ballistic trajectory. But that is exactly the reason why the bow is not boring and the crossbow is.

 

 

i guess that and for me most of the time they don't hit the thing i want. (but i may just be bad SMH)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

why not both.

 

 

my idea to make the bow at least simi better is

 

Sight (it has a Base sight and you can put reflex sight on it)

Faster but less accrete Fire when not ADSing

Slower but stronger shoots when ADSing

New way of holding it

Able to fire more then one arrow (by holding R and selecting Muilti shoot. you will need 3 stone, iron or steel arrows) 

More Mods to uses (Laser sight, New sight and Flashlight)

Does bleed damage (10% with stone, 25 with iron, 50% with steel)

Does More cripple damage when hitting the knee. (i took a arrow to the knee)

i guess that and for me most of the time they don't hit the thing i want. (but i may just be bad SMH)

Sounds like a great way to max out the bow. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Well Fun Pimps, we asked for tougher animals, and you certainly delivered. Thank you for that. :)

7_Days_To_Die_2020-09-19_8_13_52_PM.thumb.png.165f4eb5b0dc8ffadf9a7bb7a28a3a57.png

This is crazy lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

why not both.

 

 

my idea to make the bow at least simi better is

 

Sight (it has a Base sight and you can put reflex sight on it)

Faster but less accrete Fire when not ADSing

Slower but stronger shoots when ADSing

New way of holding it

Able to fire more then one arrow (by holding R and selecting Muilti shoot. you will need 3 stone, iron or steel arrows) 

More Mods to uses (Laser sight, New sight and Flashlight)

Does bleed damage (10% with stone, 25 with iron, 50% with steel)

Does More cripple damage when hitting the knee. (i took a arrow to the knee)

i guess that and for me most of the time they don't hit the thing i want. (but i may just be bad SMH)

All weapons hit a random location inside the inner circle formed by the target cross. The bigger the circle the less accurate the weapon.

 

So unless you are near enough to an enemy that the circle is filled completely with its head you have a chance to not hit the head even if you pointed absolutely accurately at it. This is done because this is an RPG where the abilities of your character are important and not only the accuracy of your mouse hand like in a shooter.

 

If you want to be accurate with a bow, get yourself a composite (because the target circle is much smaller than with primitive and wooden bow) and invest in stealth so you can get near enough to your target.

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

once upon an alpha... they used to.. shoot the deer and followed him until he dropped from bleeding to death.... that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away :)

 

would be nice to see a return or perk proc for it.

As a very advanced perk or book or quest reward that gives a little bonus chance it could work. Fallout has some bonus perks from completing quests. Now, as a 100% feature it would be unbalanced as it would guarantee the kill and bring back meals on wheels. 

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the bow, you only have to aim above your intended target if you're like +15m away. Try aiming directly at your intended target, maybe for the crown (top) of the zombie/animal's head when it stops moving, from stealth. Killing wolves is extremely dangerous early-game, unless you have a blunderbuss, OR a regular primitive bow and good aim. After that sneak head shot you can typically hit it twice in the head with a club or knife power attack and it'll die, even on Warrior difficulty. Bears and Direwolves and Mountain Lions are a different story lol... Basically if you encounter one, head to a POI or your base and put a wood frame in front of the door so they can't enter, then safespot them. 

  • Poop 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, meganoth said:

 

 

If you want to be accurate with a bow, get yourself a composite (because the target circle is much smaller than with primitive and wooden bow) and invest in stealth so you can get near enough to your target.

 

Compound? 

 

I have not been able to find one yet but i am enjoying the Wooden bow.. Those Gears on it *uhhhhhhhh* its so nice! 

 

crap im turning into Snowdog!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Any chance we could get more sleeper volume triggers? Maybe an "Alert" one that spawns them in wandering around right off the bat? Would be a nice option. :)

To expand on that, we could call it a special screamer, maybe use the same model but have her colored different, say a black dress instead, and when she wakes up in a poi she screams, not summoning a new horde, but waking up the others and possibly even changing some into a higher tier zombie for added difficulty, we could call her Siren as a placeholder name, maybe even have her spawn on horde night and when she screams some zombies "glow" like have a red mist around them meaning they have a boost to health and damage, kinda like a bard in dnd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Compound? 

 

I have not been able to find one yet but i am enjoying the Wooden bow.. Those Gears on it *uhhhhhhhh* its so nice! 

 

crap im turning into Snowdog!

Find the book and parts, you are gonna have a lot of fun in POIs, while hunting, learn the curviture of the shot as you aim and you are gonna enjoy the results. I was a crossbow fan btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Well Fun Pimps, we asked for tougher animals, and you certainly delivered. Thank you for that. :)

<your screenshot here, but snipped for space>

That`s how we`ll make a primitive fishing nets when/if water update comes up. Poor needle cat :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what 4 mods can be used in conjunction with each other in the knife? most conflict with each other and can only use 3 mods in the purple

so far. a grip type. a durability type. and a blade/head <damage mods> type only. grips can't be used together, durability types cant be used together, and blade/head <damage mods> types cant be used together

 

 

club/bat has a decent amount. some <damage mods> types can be used together. but the others need love too.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...