H's special things --- invulnerable blocks, special items, special trader and more

spacer.png

Google Drive mirror of latest version (currently 7.0.0)

Adds invulnerable bulletproof glass and stainless steel and more specialized blocks

• Adds new materials; invulnerable glass and invulnerable steel (could used bedrock but i had some poor exp with it earlier)
  • Adds new glass blocks all invulnerable; cube, plate, ramp, pillar50
  • Adds new steel blocks all invulnerable; cube, half, plate, ramp, stairs, stairs with railings, pyramid, pillar, pillar cap, pillar50, bars, ladder, log spike (trap)
  • Adds new special blocks all invulnerable; garage door 5x3x1, garage door 3x2x2, steel door, vault door, vault hatch, steel hatch, drawbridge (all working without electricity)
    • All will downgrade to itself in endless loop (nothing happens except visual change in case some damage)
    • All can be repaired, with special nailgun or special stone axe and when having main cube (repair only needed for flawless visuals, otherwise unnecessary)
    • All can be upgraded to visually equal but regular versions, with special nailgun or special stone axe and when having main cube (in case misplacements or change of mind)

Adds better versions of admin tools and more

• Adds special nailgun; ranged upgrade & destroy tool
  • Adds special nails for above special nailgun but it can be used with regular nailgun
    • Special nailgun primary action destroys all blocks with one shot (except log spike, it requires 3 shots bcz of matryoshka-like design)
    • Special nailgun secondary action upgrades invulnerable blocks to vulnerable top tier blocks like bulletproof glass and stainless steel
  • Adds special stone axe
  • Adds special paint tool
  • Adds special machete
  • Adds special steel knuckles
  • Adds special pistol and smg (modified versions of admin tools, smg is not digger anymore because we have special nailgun)
  • Adds special 9mm armor piercing bullets for above special guns but it can be used with any 9mm gun
  • Adds special magnum revolver
  • Adds special ak47
  • Adds special hunting rifle
  • Adds special double barrel shotgun
  • Adds special turret
    • The turret has very very low hit chance especially from distance, to compensate this it consumes nothing, neither power nor ammo
    • Only when works when you are close to it (luckily interfering blocks does not decrease working range) and only one of them can be active at a time
    • You can place one behind the door or wall, so it can help defending when you are unable to shoot zombies from your position etc
  • Adds special .44 magnum bullet
  • Adds special 7.62 mm bullet
  • Adds special shotgun slug
  • Adds special buffs; mega jump & super speed
  • Adds special cowbot boots having above special buffs
    • When special boots on, jumping drains stamina but running regens it (the flash-like)
  • Adds special dress shoes having only super speed buff (with very little jump buff)
  • Adds special mining helmet; flashlight on it
  • Adds special tank top; gives good resistance
  • Adds special shades; gives perception, makes treasures easier to find
  • Adds special cigar; gives strength, gives bartering bonus
    • All tools and items above are invulnerable and undegradable

Adds special trader, forge, workbench and bicycle

7-days-to-die-hs-special-things-addition

• Adds special trader, copy of Jen; you can buy, sell and take jobs but she also has key differences explained below
    • Sold items are different, she has tons of apparel, armor, tools, guns, ammo, medicine, seed, raw food, resources, vehicle parts, decorations, missions-quests, books and recipes-schematics
    • She is invulnerable like any other trader but in case misplacements, there is a way to remove her, explained in XML files; blocks.xml and entityclasses.xml
    • She is craftable but you need quite amount of organic resources. she sells these resources so, after crafting first you can craft the rest easier
    • You can easily create your own trading post with this trader and help of invulnerable blocks, if you are admin this is going to help you a lot
  • Adds special forge and workbench
    • Functionality is exactly same as regular versions, I plan to add features like faster crafting or crafting more items at once etc
    • For now the real difference is how you craft these two in early game, they only require basic mats (stone, clay, iron, wood) but lots of them of course
    • They are unlocked by default, this means you can have your forge and workbench as soon as you farm enough materials
  • Adds special bicycle
    • If you don't want your map's forest biome to turn into desert, wasteland or burnt forest, then stop using gas and use this bike
    • It is fast and durable, it is a mountain bike, climb mountains, jump from them, you can do better than Trials Rising in this game
    • It has huge storage capacity (90 slot) because it has all extra baskets and bags (not visually but you got the idea)

Adds special beer includes useful buffs at once

• Adds water
  • Adds food
  • Adds stamina regen
  • Adds stun resistance
  • Adds cold resistance
  • Adds heat resistance
  • Adds disease resistance
  • Adds infection resistance
  • Adds experience boost
  • Cures dysentery
  • Cures infection
  • Makes digestion more efficient
  • Stops bleeding
    • As a side effect healing with this gives %66 less exp
  • Makes you feel dizzy
    • As a side effect dizzines from beer lasts %33 longer
    • Now dizziness time doubled but strength of visual effect reduced
  • Extinguishes if you are on fire
  • Adds speed boost
  • Adds bartering boost
  • Adds brawling boost

Adds new recipes to make every item above craftable

• Craft two main resources at forge (these are required to craft others)
  • Craft special beer at campfire or chemistry station
  • Craft all other blocks, tools, weapons, ammo and apparel at workstation
    • Crafting is not mandatory, all can be retrieved from creative menu as before

Edit/note: I didn't mean learnable recipes here, I set all new recipes from this mod unlocked by default (but they can be changed easily to make learnable)

How to find in game

• Crafting
  • Creative menu

What other

• This mod is server sided, if you prefer multiplayer your clients don't need to download, mod will be pushed to them automatically when they are trying to connect your server.
  • 4.0.0 version and later is compatible with A19
  • Upgrading invulnerable block = getting regular destructible block
  • Magenta = new = added with latest version

Changelog

v7.0.0

Added special bicycle
Added special turret
Fixed wrong icons for special ammo bundles, now bundles show corresponding ammo's icon.
Other minor improvements.

v6.0.0

Fixed special forge and special workbench (XUi was missing).
Added missing invulnerable steel door recipe.
Added special steel knuckles.
Added special rocket shoes and changed special rocket boots.
Also there are other minor changes;
* special mining helmet's light changed,
* bartering bonus of special beer adjusted,
* special smg's recipe changed,
* standardised code/text in items.xml,
* fixed special machete stacking issue,
* improved special shades (added attribute bonuses and loot game stage bonus),
* improved special cigar (added attribute bonuses, improved barter sell bonus),
* removed negative earth damage multiplier of special stone axe (for faster digging at early game).

v5.0.0

Fixed recipe of special trader.
Fixed/added recipe for special machete.
Improved text/code of special drink beer, created new buff for it.
Added special forge and workbench.
Added invulnerable steel door (simplistic alternative to vault door).

v4.0.0

Fixed invisible icons of invulnerable steel bars.
Fixed wrong model of .44 Magnum handgun.
Added Special Machete (to farm animal fat, leather etc).
Added Special Trader (Copy of Jen with different items; you can buy, sell and take jobs like any other trader, you can place her anywhere and also place as much as you want).

v3.1.1

Standardises code between A18.4 and A19 to apply future updates easily on both version.
Removes all harvesting and dropping chances from invulnerable blocks.
Adds new invulnerable steel hatch (looking more simple than vault hatch, added upon requested).

v3.0.1

Bugfix; CustomIcon parameters changed to fix invisible icons in A19 version.

v3.0.0

Gun parts name in recipes changed for A19 compatibility.

Before v3.0.0

special_things_by_hsngrms-700.zip

special_things_by_hsngrms-400.zip special_things_by_hsngrms-500.zip special_things_by_hsngrms-600.zip

Edited by hsngrms
7.0.0 update again (removed "auto" from turret) (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like some cool stuff.  I especially like the craftable trader.

However, it's generally not a good idea to have so many different ingredients for a single recipe, as the vanilla crafting menu can only display five different ingredients.  Therefore, players are going to be confused when they have all of the ingredients shown and still can't craft the item because they don't have the ingredients that can't be displayed, and have no idea what additional ingredients are required.  If you want to make the recipe expensive, it's better to raise the quantity of each ingredient.

• Like 1
  • Sympathy 1

Thank you @CrypticGirl, I didn't pay attention to this detail while creating the recipe 😕 to be honest I'm a bit weak at crafting side myself.. Thanks to you now I know I have to change this in the next release.

If you have any other feedback I can assure you it will be well appreciated. Thanks again.

---

Speaking of that; here the full list of crafting mats for current version, to craft Special Trader you need all below;

Spoiler

forgedInvulnerableSteel x1
forgedInvulnerableGlass x1
foodRawMeat x100
resourceAnimalFat x10
medicalBloodBag x10
drugVitamins x10
resourceCloth x10
resourceLeather x10
resourceGlue x10
resourceSewingKit x10

Edited by hsngrms
Adding info (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

I love all these extra blocks, but it would be nice to have a version that didnt make them invulnerable. Any chance of adding that? I like having heaps of building options, but I prefer the Zs to be able to destroy my base if I'm not careful!

Hi @Eko thank you for the comment.

Frankly these blocks are not really extra but they are special clones of carefully selected blocks from Stainless Steel and Bulletproof Glass blocks.

Stainless Steel: Devs decided to throw out them but actually they are still exist in game.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Stainless_Steel_Blocks

Bulletproof Glass: They are in base game and you can directly craft with forge.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Bulletproof_Glass

So, Bulletproof Glass is out of the scope of your question since you can craft already and you have two options for the Stainless Steel blocks;

1. When you upgrade an invulnerable block it is turning into the vulnerable origin block. So, you can simply use this method to make vulnerable blocks anywhere you want. This will be faster than below method.

2. There is a mod called Stainless Steel Again which brings back Stainless Steel into the its old upgrade path. This can take more time because you need to craft lowest level block of the chain and upgrade it up to the Stainless Steel block (also you need to craft Steel Polish for last step).

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/15180-a19-stainless-steel-again/

• Like 1
On 10/6/2020 at 9:31 PM, hsngrms said:

Hi @Eko thank you for the comment.

Frankly these blocks are not really extra but they are special clones of carefully selected blocks from Stainless Steel and Bulletproof Glass blocks.

Stainless Steel: Devs decided to throw out them but actually they are still exist in game.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Stainless_Steel_Blocks

Bulletproof Glass: They are in base game and you can directly craft with forge.

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Bulletproof_Glass

So, Bulletproof Glass is out of the scope of your question since you can craft already and you have two options for the Stainless Steel blocks;

1. When you upgrade an invulnerable block it is turning into the vulnerable origin block. So, you can simply use this method to make vulnerable blocks anywhere you want. This will be faster than below method.

2. There is a mod called Stainless Steel Again which brings back Stainless Steel into the its old upgrade path. This can take more time because you need to craft lowest level block of the chain and upgrade it up to the Stainless Steel block (also you need to craft Steel Polish for last step).

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/15180-a19-stainless-steel-again/

thanks for getting back to me.

your suggestion works fine, but not for multiplayer. I dont necessarily want my players running around with the capability to make their blocks invulnerable/build invulnerable bases

@Eko

If this is the case you can prevent other players crafting them, yet you can still continue doing it.

Here a quote from myself, originally I shared this somewhere else;

Spoiler

If you are server admin and don't want other players to craft invulnerable blocks or special items there is a way to prevent that. It requires a little modification on a modlet file (xml) but it is not that hard, I tried to explain everything but I can help further if needed.

First locate this modlet's installation folder, it will be in your Steam game installation directory;

...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\special_things_by_hsngrms\Config\

You need to edit recipes.xml file.

Delete only mentioned lines, nothing more nothing less.

Then find these lines at top of text and delete.

<!-- CRAFTING RESOURCES -->

<recipe name="forgedInvulnerableGlass" count="1" material_based="true" craft_area="forge" always_unlocked="true">
<ingredient name="unit_glass" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="unit_stone" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_iron" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_brass" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_lead" count="1"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="forgedInvulnerableSteel" count="1" material_based="true" craft_area="forge" always_unlocked="true">
<ingredient name="unit_iron" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="unit_brass" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_lead" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_glass" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_stone" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="1"/>
</recipe>

That's all.

Note: This modification doesn't cover crafting of special beer. It is not something invulnerable, so I see no harm if others craft and use it.

Anyway, after above change you can continue crafting blocks and items as long as you have forgedInvulnerableGlass and forgedInvulnerableSteel in your inventroy.

If you don't have those resources, as an admin you can easily retrieve from Creative menu.

How to use Creative Menu

1. Press F1 and write "cm" in console, creative menu will be on

2. Press U, find items you need and add your inventory

3. Press F1 write "cm" in console, creative mode will be off

Note: F1 and U are default shortcuts, if you changed them look your keymap / settings.

General notes about creative menu:
Using creative menu does NOT require cheat mode. Only requirement is having admin privileges.
If you activate cheat mode, other players CAN use creative menu too.
While creative menu is active you cannot earn new achievements (nothing happens to existing).
So, do not skip 3rd step and close it as soon as you are done with it.

Hope this helps.

H

Alongside above change you should use Stainless Steel Again mod, so your players can craft all these blocks as vulnerable.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, hsngrms said:

@Eko

If this is the case you can prevent other players crafting them, yet you can still continue doing it.

Here a quote from myself, originally I shared this somewhere else;

**snip**

Alongside above change you should use Stainless Steel Again mod, so your players can craft all these blocks as vulnerable.

Thank you, this will do perfectly I think. I can always CM the blocks themselves in, then make them vulnerable myself. Is it possible to hold the vulnerable version of the blocks in your inventory? I could just set up a player vending machine with these special blocks in (the non-invulnerable kind) and the players can access them that way as a sort of end-game deco money sink.

@Eko

Unfortunately you can't take back these blocks to your inventory but good news I just realized actually there is easier way to achieve what you want, I don't know why I didn't think that before.

Open blocks.xml and delete all lines about "downgrade", e.g.;

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="THIS_NAME_DOESNT_MATTER_DELETE_ALL_LINE"/>

This way it will prevent blocks downgrading to themselves again, which will make them literally vulnerable again.

So, no need to edit recipes.xml but you can still do that too if you don't want others to craft blocks with 50k hitpoints. (Original Stainless Steel blocks only has 10k hitpoints.)

To make things more clear I'm sharing all related lines (total number of lines to be deleted: 25) use search function, find them and delete them and save your file, kaboom everything is vulnerable now.

Spoiler

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableGlassBlock"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableGlassPlate"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableGlassRamp"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableGlassPillar50"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelBlock"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelHalf"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelPlate"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelRamp"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelStairs25"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelStairsFilledRailingLeft"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelStairsFilledRailingRight"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelPyramid"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelPillar100"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelPillar100Cap"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelPillar50"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablegarageDoorHouse"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablegarageDoorMetal"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablevaultDoor"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablevaultHatch"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablesteelHatch"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelBarsCentered"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelBars"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelLadder"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerableSteelDrawBridge"/>
    <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="invulnerablesteelLogSpike"/>

Edit: if you prefer this method you don't need "Stainless Steel Again" mod.

Edited by hsngrms
Additional info (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...

Looks like I can't edit first post to attach new file, so here it is.

LATEST CHANGES (from 4.0.0 to 5.0.0)

Fixed recipe of special trader.
Fixed/added recipe for special machete.
Improved text/code of special drink beer, created new buff for it.
Added special forge and workbench.
Added invulnerable steel door (simplistic alternative to vault door).

special_things_by_hsngrms-500.zip

3 hours ago, batboyboy said:

how to destroy this block? im usting nail guns but not work! and i want to admin only!! help!!!

Hello, thank you for your interest in mod. First upgrade those blocks you want to destroy. Upgrading invulnerable blocks will make them destructible. To upgrade, right click on the block and wait it to be %100 percent, then you can destroy ;)

6.0.0 is here, added to first post.

Why updating again so early?

Special forge and workbench caused a bug in 5.0.0 because xui file was missing. It was blocking other xui windows therefore it was impossible to interact with anything after interacting them, this was until you quit from game and re-enter (so it wasn't a game breaking bug, but still urgent). Sorry for inconveniences caused if any, please just update to 6.0.0 as quickly as you can. After updating modlet, no need to do anything else, existing stations will work without any problems.

New content is here; added special bike, it quickly became my 2nd favorite item in the mod after special beer. Turret is meh, probably least favorite item in mod, still I'm happy with it because I didn't want it to do all the killing job by itself, so it barely hits enemies as intended :D

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I got a new job and preparing to move my home so I would like to inform you; I won't be able to help or support you or update my mods until I have everything sorted out in a new city and a new job. See you in a while (probably 3-4 weeks). Stay safe!