Graphic bug I guess

KakashiSensei

Howdy

I back to the game after like year break. Still running on the same laptop as before...:
MSI GE 72 6QD
CPU: I7-6300HQ
GPU: Gtx 960m 2GB
Ram: 16GB 
SSD on sata and SSD on M.2

Actually two problems. Low fps like 20-30 on lowest setting it's like holy moly how and why it works that bad?
Second one i see textures on the ground like newspapers, cartons and they are disappearing when i come closer see screnshoot (tried change all graphic setting and there is no connection between that)

adsfasdf.png

i7-6700HQ is your CPU, not a  I7-6300HQ btw.

I see you're on a laptop, So, one or all 3 of things are happening: overheating, old drivers, bloatware. Remove all your bloatware stuff (i.e. anything not Vital to keep Windows up and running, just google the term "laptop Win10 bloatware"). Update drivers (FROM your manufacturer, not someplace like "drivereasy"). Clean dust out your laptop, invest in a cooler, and you can try gaming without the battery in (shut down, remove battery, plug in reboot) to reduce some heat (just know you should shutdown before putting the battery back in).  Set Windows to automatically set page file. 

4 hours ago, Jugginator said:

i7-6700HQ is your CPU, not a  I7-6300HQ btw.

I see you're on a laptop, So, one or all 3 of things are happening: overheating, old drivers, bloatware. Remove all your bloatware stuff (i.e. anything not Vital to keep Windows up and running, just google the term "laptop Win10 bloatware"). Update drivers (FROM your manufacturer, not someplace like "drivereasy"). Clean dust out your laptop, invest in a cooler, and you can try gaming without the battery in (shut down, remove battery, plug in reboot) to reduce some heat (just know you should shutdown before putting the battery back in).  Set Windows to automatically set page file. 

Yea i just missclick number was tired when writing 😐
No overheating temps are okay (did some undervolting for that) 

No viruses etc. 

I cleaned from dust for 100% sure it's not about temps

3 hours ago, KakashiSensei said:

Yea i just missclick number was tired when writing 😐
No overheating temps are okay (did some undervolting for that) 

No viruses etc. 

I cleaned from dust for 100% sure it's not about temps

Still have to check your temps, dust isn't the only thing that can cause heat. Aging system can mean fans are getting weak, thermal paste has turned into a rock, etc.

I'm no engineer, but most of the crash's stack trace points to graphic related errors, so check your GPU drivers and heat. Core temp is a decent one. HW monitor is too.

3 hours ago, KakashiSensei said:

I will but at least im playing more requiring games like Ark/Rust/DayZ without any problems 😕
Drivers are up to date everyone. For gpu it is 456.38 from 9/17/2020

Ark/Rust/DayZ are GPU intensive. 7Days is heavily CPU, storage and a little-less but still GPU intensive. I would stress test your CPU and GPU simultaneously and monitor temps so see if you're throttling due to heat on heavy load.  Your CPU runs borderline minimal requirements speed wise at the lowest point, if it's being throttled a lot due to heat that can be an issue. Laptop components are, by design, supposed to run at lowest possible power consumption for heat and battery life. Those other games may require a fast CPU for quick calculations and your storage device for saving/loading then be done with it, but 7 Days constantly needs it. 

So I did everything mentioned above +
Every setting on low and playing in window 1600x900 (normally have 1080p) 

In the launcher i disabled gamesparks and Eac (i will play only with girlfriend so there is no need for anti cheat ;D)

Tried start with render option
Direct 11 (most stable 40-70)
GLCore 30-40 more stable but when it comes to physics drops to 5-15 for few seconds)
Vulkan 21-67 totally not stable for me (i saw that option as solution for few people)
Fun fact still cpu 75% utilization on one thread, but its like 64% usage total. GPU is bottleneck here 100% usage so can't do more i guess

Played now for like hour 
Game is more than less playable 

asdasdasd.png

Seems you have a heat issue and you're being thermal throttled. Your temps are pretty high for what is being utilized 

You also didn't stress test your system, do so with something like Cinebench/FurMark. But, I recommend replacing the thermal paste in your system and/or getting a laptop cooler.

2 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

I would disable the Intel GPU as well.

I never think about it. Will give it a try. 

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Seems you have a heat issue and you're being thermal throttled. Your temps are pretty high for what is being utilized 

You also didn't stress test your system, do so with something like Cinebench/FurMark. But, I recommend replacing the thermal paste in your system and/or getting a laptop cooler.

I will try to stress test today or tomorrow because of work. I replaced thermal paste yestarday. Already thinking about colling system with laptop stand.
Temps were never problem here it's old laptop and yea everyone know that laptops aren't good choose for games. 

Do you have intake fans on the bottom? I assume those are both exhausts right? If there are intakes on the bottom, look for one of the cooling pads that have fans in the right position to blow air into those intakes. I did that for one of my laptops and it keeps it at 30c idle and 50c in 7 days (without it it would hit 60 or higher and thermal shutdown)

Gaming laptops are destructive to themselves, I hear of peoples' gaming laptops starting to die on them after a couple of years. Fans get weaker, plastic warps, etc.

I'm on a gaming laptop as well and a couple things to keep in mind.  Make sure your nvidia gpu profile is being used as some mobiles have auto switching to on board video.  I think it its called nvidia optimus technology.  You may need to set profile to always use nvidia gpu.

4 hours ago, Jugginator said:

I assume you replaced the paste on both the cchips eh?

Yeah that cooling setup isn't the best in the world. Something like this might help

Just make sure you measure it and compare versus the panel to make sure the air flow lines up with the ports. If you have spare case fans, can always build your own.

Dropped bench CPU is culprit here im surprised, was sure gpu here is a problem.  (usage = użycie forgot to swap from polish to english)

Yea ofc fresh paste 😛

I will propably do last shoot with "something like this", but before will try to undervolt it a bit. 

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I'm on a gaming laptop as well and a couple things to keep in mind.  Make sure your nvidia gpu profile is being used as some mobiles have auto switching to on board video.  I think it its called nvidia optimus technology.  You may need to set profile to always use nvidia gpu.

It's first what i suggest in laptops :P, i stick with gaming/only nvidia gpu (here nvidia accept amd gpu too :D) profile. 

bench.png

Actually got 3.5 GHz on that cpu with ThrottleStop its program for undervolting. Got -150 mV on Cpu Cache and Core. It cooled down temps so i stick in max 78 instead of 85-90. Cpu Clock stick now around 3,2GHz so i get like 10% more performance with that all. 

Summary got 60+ fps
Graphic Options:
Windowed 1600 x 900
Textures 1/4 

Render range: Far/Long (forgot name)

Range for grass: Medium

Rest at lowest option

Propably i will finish thread for now

Archived