Pink graphics for some modded items, like fire?

doughphunghus

Not sure if this is fixable, and its likely completely on my end and I'm like 1% of the player base so I understand where I stand ;)

I'm using Ubuntu, not Windows OS.  It seems sometimes I load a mod and some of the effects/items are "pink and blocky".  Looks like pink minecraft effects. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I also get a lot of "cannot find shader <number here>" errors when loading those mods.  Its like the graphics didn't or cannot load properly for specific effects/items, but usually most of the mod loads fine.  All the vanilla game graphs ( fire, etc) look perfectly fine.

If anyone knows its something obvious I can do on my side, thanks beforehand for the info! Otherwise, just an FYI as I'm betting its because I'm not on Windows.

For specifics: I had this issue with Darkness Falls awhile back (like a year or more ago) with the banana/palm looking trees, some other mods with plants/torches , and a lot of the fire/zed/weapon attached effects in the Sorcery mod.  I haven't loaded a lot of "big overhauls" but I've gotten where if I do I kinda expect a few things to have the pink effects occasionally.

If anyone knows what causes this I'd love to hear how it happens, and if there's anything I can do on my side to fix it (other than switching to Windows ;)

This can happen when whoever built to .unity3d files used the old export script and not the multiplatform export script.  The latter script includes the shaders for Linux and macs, the older one was Windows only.  Nothing you can do to fix that except tell the author to update his mod.

Archived