Weapon/Hands FOV (camera distance) changer

ivailogeimara

On 12/25/2021 at 2:02 PM, Ragnar said:

Here you go, guys. Made A20 adaptation, without FieryRiderCore dependency and console command. Now the value is read from xml config once per game start.

https://github.com/RagnarHbUa/7d2dWeaponFovChanger/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Well, one may create command to re-read value from file in the future. But I don't have time currently to mess with previous custom values storage from FieryRiderCore.

If dmt isn't working, how do we install this? Sorry for not knowing.

2 hours ago, xiazia said:

If dmt isn't working, how do we install this? Sorry for not knowing.

DMT is no longer necessary since harmony is built into the game now in a20. Simply unzip the .rar file and put the folder in your "mods" folder like a normal old mod now. Its nice and easy this way, not that DMT installation was too bad or anything but it is nice having things built into the base game like they are now.

16 hours ago, ate0ate said:

DMT is no longer necessary since harmony is built into the game now in a20. Simply unzip the .rar file and put the folder in your "mods" folder like a normal old mod now. Its nice and easy this way, not that DMT installation was too bad or anything but it is nice having things built into the base game like they are now.

Hey, I unzipped the Ragnars_FovChanger.rar and put it in my mods folder. I turned off EAC also. My weapon FOV is still stuck at default it looks like. Was I supposed to install a different thing?

Nevermind I got it to work. But how do you change the fov in config file. It wont let me edit it.

Edited by ExpertStatue3133
I wanted to change my comment (see edit history)

Did you make sure that the folder isn't in another folder?

To clarify, you should have a structure like mods\fov changer\(harmony, scripts, etc) NOT mods\fov.changer\fov changer\(harmony,scripts,etc.)

Sometimes unzipping results in a copy of the directory containing the folder for the mod rather than just the folder for the mod itself. I hope that made sense. I'm not great at explaining any of this. That is how I have it in my installation and things are working alright. I don't think that there are any dependencies that I happen to have or anything so it should work like that. I'll test things out myself but let me know if you get it working.

2 minutes ago, ate0ate said:

Did you make sure that the folder isn't in another folder?

To clarify, you should have a structure like mods\fov changer\(harmony, scripts, etc) NOT mods\fov.changer\fov changer\(harmony,scripts,etc.)

Sometimes unzipping results in a copy of the directory containing the folder for the mod rather than just the folder for the mod itself. I hope that made sense. I'm not great at explaining any of this. That is how I have it in my installation and things are working alright. I don't think that there are any dependencies that I happen to have or anything so it should work like that. I'll test things out myself but let me know if you get it working.

Ok yeah I got it working. How do I edit the config file? Its XML and I cant edit it. Do I need an XML editor?

6 hours ago, ate0ate said:

Notepad++ is what most everyone uses nowadays. Its free and easy to use. Here is a link to the latest version.

EDIT: Looks like regular old notepad also works. Possibly Word Pad too. Sorry about that. Still, notepad++ is great:)

Wow this mod is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the help very much  : ) . If I may ask- Is there a way that you can manipulate the weapon fov of a specific gun?

10 minutes ago, xiazia said:

Wow this mod is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the help very much  : ) . If I may ask- Is there a way that you can manipulate the weapon fov of a specific gun?

Not a problem. As for your question, I am honestly unsure. It doesn't look like that functionality is built into the original mod before nor Ragnar's edition now though. It does seem like something you could do in theory to me. I mean if you can change weapon fov at all it seems feasible that you could change it upon weapon selection again to something else. Either way its definitely beyond me. Probably worth asking around the forum in general if you're interested though. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful there.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, Ragnar said:

Here you go, guys. Made A20 adaptation, without FieryRiderCore dependency and console command. Now the value is read from xml config once per game start.

Well, one may create command to re-read value from file in the future. But I don't have time currently to mess with previous custom values storage from FieryRiderCore.

Thank you very much for this fix for a fix.

Thank you also to the original creator of the mod.

Edited by Henshaw (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, Ragnar said:

Thanks @ivailogeimara and @Ragnar for saving us from the limited weapon FOV. Just wish I found this before I started my VorpX session.

Has anyone been able to fix the FOV of aiming down sights? Since this mod moves the camera back from the original FOV, whenever you ADS you get this jolt of an animation and sticks the gun right up in your face, since it's meant for the game's 45 FOV. I know the bonus mod, "Pistols AAA Aim FOV" used to fix this issue back in Alpha 19, but now this does not seem to be the case. I also vaguely remember as well that it might have fixed the FOV of all of the firearms when you ADS, but at the very least it fixed the pistol's FOV. Would be greatly appreciated if someone could look into it!

• 9 months later...