Impact driver

Ayanna

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

The auger will use stamina, work in progress

Holding the weight of the Auger and maintaining its position while the drill is in motion, i can understand the stamina drain. But for the Impact Driver? The stamina usage should be at its lowest, if not drained at all. I think this is the main question here.

Have you ever used a good impact driver? Air-powered, perhaps for lug-nuts? They are heavy tools and while they do not twist you around like a drill will, the vibrations when busting a stuck or rusted nut loose can be numbing or tiring. I own and use a few for maintenance on antique tractors, equipment trailers, zero-turn mowers, and other things. It isn't in the same ballpark as using an auger, but it isn't a cake-walk either.

5 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Holding the weight of the Auger and maintaining its position while the drill is in motion, i can understand the stamina drain. But for the Impact Driver? The stamina usage should be at its lowest, if not drained at all. I think this is the main question here.

AFAIK TFP plans to have everything consume stamina except standing still. And that exception is just a concession to new players who have to read and search a lot in the menues. In real life your body uses energy all the time as well.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

AFAIK TFP plans to have everything consume stamina except standing still. And that exception is just a concession to new players who have to read and search a lot in the menues. In real life your body uses energy all the time as well.

Are we talking here about stamina consumption in the form of food consumption as in vehicles or as in manual tools? I have always assumed that the tradeoff is using fuel instead of stamina.

I have no problem if stamina is consumed in the form of food. Then you just take some food with you into the mine but if I have to take a break every X seconds because I need to catch my breath then I can just as well work with a pickaxe and shovel.

9 hours ago, meganoth said:

Yes, i know that. Hell, we still use energy when we sleep.

What im talking about is stamina usage gradation. Just like OP implied as well. He/she intended that automated tools should require less energy consumption and if its not an applied design in game, then it should be. I dont care if you use a high-performance impact driver, nobody's gonna tell me its more exhausting to dismantle a radiator or a whole car than with a primitive wrench. Nor that its the very same. We're not gonna reinvented and rewrite the goals and ideas of the industrial revolution here lol.

Hello guys i mean that wrench uses 18 stamina while driver impact takes 24 (source game Wiki) i think it should be lower for driver while its automatic and more stamina to wrench because u use muscles. I Hope you understand what i mean. I'm sorry for my poor english its not my native language. 

12 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Are we talking here about stamina consumption in the form of food consumption as in vehicles or as in manual tools? I have always assumed that the tradeoff is using fuel instead of stamina.

I have no problem if stamina is consumed in the form of food. Then you just take some food with you into the mine but if I have to take a break every X seconds because I need to catch my breath then I can just as well work with a pickaxe and shovel.

This is just a guess, but I assume TFP wants higher level tools mainly be faster but not neccessarily less stamina-intensive. Generally this means that sexrex is an interesting perk for ALL tools. Also take into account that you get 1 point of stamina every level and wrenching is often broken up by going to the next wrench target. It means most targets will get wrenched without needing an artifical pause. And some combination of character level and moderate(?) sexrex investment will make even the bus and armee truck wrenchable in one go. Maybe 😉

On 9/17/2020 at 9:24 AM, Ayanna said:

Hello guys i mean that wrench uses 18 stamina while driver impact takes 24 (source game Wiki) i think it should be lower for driver while its automatic and more stamina to wrench because u use muscles. I Hope you understand what i mean. I'm sorry for my poor english its not my native language. 

I do agree with this. The impact driver is far easier to use than a wrench. Example? Glad you asked! I just had to bust the lugs loose on one of my trailers to remove the rim and a tire which broke the seal and was off the rim. Even with a cheater-bar I wore myself out in a few short minutes trying to break the lugs. I only had a 3/8" drive impact wrench with me, and did not believe it was enough to break the lugs (Craftsman, 20v). I put a socket on and tried and it slowly broke each one loose, while I recovered from using the wrench.

With that said, this is a game, not a simulator. I expect the driver to use some stamina based on the game mechanics, but it should not be harder to use than a wrench.

I still didn't get the "real" use of ratchet and impact driver.

Didn't especially test it, but both of them seem not to be (notably) faster than a wrench. If they are, it's a very small difference. Do you get more ressources if you use ratchet/ID or in general a higher quality tool?

I recently forgot my ID in my base, so i used a lvl6 wrench i just looted to disassemble a vending machine... there wasn't a real difference...

I expected the advantage of the ID was not using stamina. I understand that it uses stamina and i agree also the auger should use stamina. But what's the advantage of the higher tier tool then?

The auger at least is much faster than a steel pickaxe, even it would use stamina. But the auger usually is used for many blocks in a row, while wrenching is only for one car or one vending maching. If the impact driver would be notably faster than a wrench, it just make "screeeew" and the whole vending machine is disassembled in one second, job done?

So i think, you should get more ressources with the higher tier "wrench".

2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I still didn't get the "real" use of ratchet and impact driver.

Didn't especially test it, but both of them seem not to be (notably) faster than a wrench. If they are, it's a very small difference. Do you get more ressources if you use ratchet/ID or in general a higher quality tool?

I recently forgot my ID in my base, so i used a lvl6 wrench i just looted to disassemble a vending machine... there wasn't a real difference...

I expected the advantage of the ID was not using stamina. I understand that it uses stamina and i agree also the auger should use stamina. But what's the advantage of the higher tier tool then?

The auger at least is much faster than a steel pickaxe, even it would use stamina. But the auger usually is used for many blocks in a row, while wrenching is only for one car or one vending maching. If the impact driver would be notably faster than a wrench, it just make "screeeew" and the whole vending machine is disassembled in one second, job done?

So i think, you should get more ressources with the higher tier "wrench".

The Rachet definitely disassembles faster than the Wrench and the Impact Driver is faster than both. That's considerably noticable, yep, even more when you're going on dismantling lots of cars or anything mechanical. Not sure if it does give more resources though.

Archived