What are the most efficient foods in a19 in regards of nutrition

Tehnomaag

1 minute ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Vanilla is afaik 3 hours. 3 hours realtime, not depending on the day length.

Intriguing. I thought trees were 3h (3 days with vanilla settings) and plants were 1h (1d with vanilla settings). But to be honest I have not actually timed it, just harvest the stuff when passing by and taking note that corn is long enough again meaning everything should be ready for harvest. 

I am fairly sure I have managed to harvest our farm plot twice the same day with 4h days. But I am not certain. Will have to chek. Technically, ofc, even your 3h growth time would allow me to harvest our farm plot twice a day with our current 4h days. 

14 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

Intriguing. I thought trees were 3h (3 days with vanilla settings) and plants were 1h (1d with vanilla settings).

I'm not sure about trees, but maybe the same for trees as for the plots. We're playing on 1h/days and i definitely can not harvest every day. I never tested if it is tied to day length, but i read on the forums that it is not. If you can harvest twice on one day, it obviously is not.

I'm not even aware of any configuration setting that would change that value.

For what it's worth, both the tree and crops master block entries have this, and none of the standard trees or crops override it:

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="63.0"/>

Dunno how to interpret that number, though. Possibly real-world minutes per growth level? Would explain why crops grow faster (only 2 growth steps) compared to trees (3 or 4 steps depending on species).

17 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I'm not sure about trees, but maybe the same for trees as for the plots. We're playing on 1h/days and i definitely can not harvest every day. I never tested if it is tied to day length, but i read on the forums that it is not. If you can harvest twice on one day, it obviously is not.

I'm not even aware of any configuration setting that would change that value.

As we talked about it I was paying special attention to the growth speed of crops and it is less than 3h in my current game. I would have to say it is roughly 1h, maybe a bit more. As I got about 3 harvests out of my farm in a 4h day/night cycle. 

The configuration noted by Boidster seems to imply it is 63 minutes. It is unclear to me if this 63 minutes is per growth stage or for a total time to fully grown. I'd speculate that maybe it is per growth stage, as it would still allow roughly 3 harvests per 4 hour day, roughly, if the first harvest is sort of almost ready, then you harvest it, spend 126 minutes, harvest again, and 126 min later harvest again noting that it is roughly a day (even if it is actually a bit more). Also would be in-line with my observation of trees taking roughly 3 hours to grow, considering the extra growth stages these have. 

It would also place the crop growth right in the middle of our estimates where 1 was under impression it is about 1h and you were under impression it is about 3h right at approx. 2 hours. As a result I updated my cheat sheet for farming food efficiency to have the needed farm plots estimate 2x higher than I originally estimated. 

a19_iizi_food_table.png

In my current game we found super corn. It seems relatively worthless for the purposes of eating, giving 3 food and 1 hp per supercorn (and no recipes to improve that aspect), although, I suppose, it will be nice for the glue. 

Even normal corn is better for eating, as Corn on the Cob gives 5 food / 2 hp per item after cooking. 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, Reckis said:

Yes, there is. But in all of my playthroughs in A19, I can count the number of times I have found it early enough to make a difference on one hand.

I can count the number of pumpkin seeds I've found in A19 on less than half a hand...

I go with Sham Chowder when going questing, raiding POI-s etc. gives a good amount of food, i bring some Yucca Juice Smoothie for water, it gives some food tho, so they balance each other pretty well. And not least, it heals you like 80HP when you eat it. Its not expensive, need only on Can of Sham, 2x potato, 2x corn and a bottle of water for each one to create.

I think you guys would laugh at me if you knew how many days I typically go eating just snowberries and raw yucca. I normally won't put points into cooking or farming so unless I get real lucky with recipes, it's foraging berries, a little charred meat, and the occasional vending machine godsend. 

-Morloc

What i have noticed, basic line of easiest things to do when you get little bit farm going.

Vege, Meat -stews, potato & steak meal. And hobo stew when you have excess rotten meat. (All these food goes around potato, corn and mushrooms, only need to farm these)

Other advanced foods are too much hassle to acquire ingredients. And final levels of master chef really dont give any benefits. Only that hobo stew rotten meat amount is one, where that 20% reduction of cooking ingredients affects. 

Dont remember did this affect the Sham secret recipe also. 

Archived