Steel Tool Schematics (sorry if already answered)

Trigger

Just a quick question.  Since the update no one in my group can find any steel tool schematics.  We've searched most of the maps and check all 5 traders multiple times and still nothing.  We've found steel tools but can't make them anymore.  Thanks for the help.  Oh yeah....WE LOVE THIS GAME!!!

There was some posts yesterday which discussed the probability of finding schematics. The OP was looking in the XLM files and noted that the probability is still there and is not game-stage gated. The probability of finding some kind of book is about the same as finding a schematic, as they are in the same loot grupp. If your group has found any books in the loot it means that you have been just a bit unluky in regards of the rng. 

In my experience I will get a good level steel showel/pick/axe from a trader as a quest reward far before I find a schematic to do one myself. 

Only couple of schematics were gamestage gated if I remember correct, Crucible and probably some other thing. 

16 hours ago, Gazz said:

Random is random.

That a small number of people can not find a specific schematic in an undefined amount of attempts can be perfectly normal.

yeah one game I couldn’t find needle & thread books until day 20 (that playthough I only used things I made myself) while my new 19.1 game I found the workbench schematic and the chem station schematic in the first trader I visited and a working mixer 2 houses down😆

I feel you... In my most recent game, I'm closing in on GS 200 and I still didn't find the steel tool schems.  I have a T6 pick and T5 shovel and axe.  Considering gear crafting is kindda niche (since we can't craft T6) and still gated (we need parts first), I wonder how pertinent it is to still require schematics for all that.

My last game, the very first shotgun I found/was available at trader was a T6 pump shotgun....  Having to stick to the blunderbuss that long was a pain.

Archived