Vehicle mods to make life better...

The_Great_Sephiroth

You cannot drive the motorcycle or jeep (that is NOT a truck, an F150 is a truck, that is an off-road jeep) without damaging terrain or getting hung on things due to the zombie-catchers. We have no vehicle mods currently, so why not make the catchers a mod? People like me, who just want to drive around NOT plowing through zombies could leave the things off and actually have more clearance then a Lamborghini. We wouldn't destroy the terrain while simply trying to make the jeep go up a small hill, or even just ride down the road.

Don't get me wrong, the motorcycle looks awesome with the catcher on, but even the roads are not smooth enough to warrant it unless you spend all day running through zombies. So how about making the incredibly low-sitting parts on the jeep and motorcycle mods which we can choose to use or not to use?

I agree with everything except the Jeep part.   The 4x4 isn't worth the aggravation for me, despite the extra storage.  I pleaded with MadMole to take the plow off (they added 1x4 ramps so people could make driveways instead...and now they're gone).  Modding it off would work for me. 

Not to pedant on your parade, but Jeep is a brand name :)  I think FIAT/Chrysler might have a licencing issue with that.  This kinda looks like something you put together from a kit...which...it pretty much is.  

Looks like the front of a Suzuki Sidekick or something. The BRAND Jeep is trademarked, the physical vehicle type is NOT trademarked. It would be like Ford suing Chevy and Dodge because they have a half-ton pickup. Or Chevy and Dodge suing because they both use 1500/2500/3500/etc. I did not mean to insinuate that the 4x4 looked like a specific brand, just that it is clearly a jeep. Suzuki made a jeep also, years back. I believe it was called a Samurai, but it has been a while!

Oh, and if that isn't enough, think about WWII! Remember a company named Willys (pronounced "Willis")? They made the jeep used in the war! I would love to own one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB#:~:text=The 1945 Willys Jeep was,of military light utility vehicles.

I was mostly being light-hearted...but ya, you can call it a jeep, but the Pimps can't call it a Jeep.  Jeep is a brand name, full stop.  Doesn't matter if people slang it or not...kinda the same as a Kleenex or a Q-Tip.

The point was, I agree with you about some mods for the off-road, 4x4, thing in game...

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Those "catchers" are actually cosmetic and don't have collision data for them, so there is nothing to remove. The normal colliders would have to be moved up or suspension changed, which can cause other problems.

Who says devs never visit the Pimp Dreams section! They do....when they want to crush a few... ;)

I'm hoping all the vehicles are just placeholder models?  Maybe we'll see new, more fleshed out ones once vehicles are more in-focus by the devs. 

The whole concept/design of these 'plows/catchers' is a bit silly...especially on a motorcycle.  Anyone who's ever ridden a motorcycle will tell you, if you see a squirrel, a dog, a muffler, a plastic bag or anything else lying on the road, avoidance is the best policy if you want to make it home on two wheels instead of crutches.  Hitting a human, you'd be lucky to make it home at all if at speed.  Motorcycles don't have enough mass not to be adversely affected by hitting practically anything larger than a dragonfly.

Anyway, eventually Workshop mods will probably address this issue for me so it's not a huge deal...but please give us first person driving perspective!!

I own five motorcycles. One happens to be a 1991 Ultra-Classic Electra-Glide (Harley). This is a BIG bike with a trunk, CB radio, AM/FM/Cassette stereo, and all kinds of chrome and lights. I believe it is around 750lbs with proper fluid levels. Not a rally-bike, to say the least.

Some idiot had a dog on the loose and it darted out and in front of me. I told the wife to hold on. Pulled clutch, revved it slightly and stood up. When the front wheel hit I popped the clutch and wheelied until the back wheel hit, at which point I went airborn. Landed it almost perfectly level, but had some slight fender damage. Went back and the dog was DEAD. Owner and kids could not believe what they saw. I grew up on dirt-bikes, old 2-stroke beasts.

For 99.99% of riders though, Ezed is exactly right. Avoid ANYTHING that isn't asphalt. Even gravel can kill. I still own the HD and it is my favorite cruiser.

Archived