[A19] "SpawnEntity ___ 1" causes null pointer exception in area, can I remove this zombie?

bewayman

Hello,

Me and a few friends have been playing around on a save together which I host.

All going great until I realised I could use numeric codes with spawnentity to harass my friends faster than inputting names. This led to me trying different numbers, and eventually hitting "spawnentity [playercode] 1". This causes a localised area null pointer exception.

The server functions fine outside of this zone, but if you get near this it causes the issue. I have tried using settime to move the game time forward ~7000 days hoping it would de-spawn, still persists. It is a zombie, it is able to hit the player and do damage, and makes zombie noises, but it is invisible. 

I have also tried creating a new save on the same world but with a fresh main.dat and main.dat.bak and the issue persists.

What are my options here? Is it possible to point that ID to another zombies skin so to speak? Would that resolve it?

So I have resolved this, and didn't properly report it previously.

I validated game files which succeeded, and the issue can be reproduced in a new world, as in the attached log.

The solution is:

Get into spawn range, aka errors range
Enter "le" to list all entities (with some way to record the screen as the results will be gone in a sea of null pointer errors)
Use kill with its ID to set it to 0 hp
Teleport away (far away, out of the block)
Teleport back, and it will hopefully not be loaded with the block being loaded up this time

I think you could just use killall once it is loaded up also, but I didn't try that

Fresh world output_log__2020-09-13__01-40-56.txt

Archived