Jump to content
7daysOfFun

UPdate 19.1 WHAT DO U DO WITH THE GAME ????? u ruin the GAME !!!!!! STOP IT !!!!!

Recommended Posts

Another A19 vote here. I don´t miss anything from A16. It´s just that A16 fans cry louder. People usually voice their opinon more likely when they don´t like something.

  • Like 6
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Diragor said:

all the salty a16 player are kinda annoying. If you like it that much you should stay there. it's just there why crying if you just can go back to it and mod all the things you want.

lol

I agree, they are annoying. But, those who are satisfied with "everything as it is" - i am also annoyed :)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well  7 days  forums are ignored by  99%  players really .. even if you do poll that  catches everyone attention you will have  100 votes +-

with  20 people discussing topic  10 of that still playing a16  trash talking every change of current version  often adding that a16  is best and  lbd removal killed game  or arguing that "  we = everyone hate this"

 

thats why most topics are just salty toxic swamp ;)

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

 I don´t miss anything from A16. It´s just that A16 fans cry louder. People usually voice their opinon more likely when they don´t like something.

i kinda liked  polished steel texture ... steel blocks  today are ugly as sin

but the only really good thing about a16 was LBD ... but for shooting/gathering skills only (not the re*arded spam crafting)

/ fly away  poping out wooden clubs all the way from overfilled inventory

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i loved a16.4 stable, didnt like the gfx changes in a17, went bland and had to put up with it, a18 was total shake up, didnt like that much, a19 is a whole lot better, im still a19 between a16.4 right upto a19 stable, i prefered a16 for SOME of its parts, but overall a19 stable is far better

 

things can only get better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood how people could enjoy A16 with the broken zombie pathing and OP stealth at night rendering you 100% safe and undetectable by zombies from even a block away if you crouched. Then there were the stilt bases and column bases that you could build before your first horde night and would keep you safe forever rendering the bloodmoons pretty pointless.  I played lots of A15 and very little A16 because the player was just too OP in too many ways compared to the zombies. 

 

Now reading how all the same people hate the new weapons progression because they can't have OP weapons sooner rather than later I begin to understand... ;)

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Poop 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roland said:

I never understood how people could enjoy A16 with the broken zombie pathing and OP stealth at night rendering you 100% safe and undetectable by zombies from even a block away if you crouched. Then there were the stilt bases and column bases that you could build before your first horde night and would keep you safe forever rendering the bloodmoons pretty pointless.  I played lots of A15 and very little A16 because the player was just too OP in too many ways compared to the zombies. 

 

Now reading how all the same people hate the new weapons progression because they can't have OP weapons sooner rather than later I begin to understand... ;)

I feel like a lot of these players would benefit from turning bloodmoons off entirely, because if you pay attention a ton of them constantly complain about the new zombie AI rendering their cheese bases nonfunctional and about how bloodmoons "are impossible to do legitimately" and stuff like that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teacyn said:

I feel like a lot of these players would benefit from turning bloodmoons off entirely, because if you pay attention a ton of them constantly complain about the new zombie AI rendering their cheese bases nonfunctional and about how bloodmoons "are impossible to do legitimately" and stuff like that.

 

Or cut the zed block damage to 25%.

That helps when they all stack up on 1 block.

(tossing explosives into the pyramid of zeds tho.... )    :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teacyn said:

I feel like a lot of these players would benefit from turning bloodmoons off entirely, because if you pay attention a ton of them constantly complain about the new zombie AI rendering their cheese bases nonfunctional and about how bloodmoons "are impossible to do legitimately" and stuff like that.

blood  moons are very easy  to handle ... people are just spoiled by cheesing it with 0 effort so they dont even try .. just  whine around

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

           Two things that made a16 worth playing were lbd (still a far better system even if tweaks were needed, my opinion so dont start chucking toys!) and the thing that no one mentions. Map generation, lovely big sprawling maps that didnt take forever to generate, had cities ( rather than the multitude of 4 block towns i keep getting) Roads actually led to places and it all worked great.

It never has since, limited to 8k oddness. Those maps had wandering hordes, remember them? actual outdoor zombies, in numbers greater than 2 even. Fix the things that need fixing instead of forever overhauling graphics and pois that rarely generate into maps ( yes i am aware of mods and no you shouldnt have to mod a game to get enjoyment out of it) Granted 19 has improvements but are they where theyre really needed?

  • Like 1
  • Knuckle Rub 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, asmosnuts said:

Map generation, lovely big sprawling maps that didnt take forever to generate, had cities ( rather than the multitude of 4 block towns i keep getting) Roads actually led to places and it all worked great.

I agree, the maps were great. The most important thing for me was that they offered large flat areas. With the maps in A19 you only have a small flat area around the cities.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Teacyn said:

I feel like a lot of these players would benefit from turning bloodmoons off entirely, because if you pay attention a ton of them constantly complain about the new zombie AI rendering their cheese bases nonfunctional and about how bloodmoons "are impossible to do legitimately" and stuff like that.

Since the term "cheese" is very subjective, it is difficult to tell what the players mean by it.

 

There are apparently players for whom only a bunker or a fort with a thick wall is a legitimate base and anything else is cheese. But these forms of defense are now very ineffective due to the group block damage and the improved pathfinding which also factor in the HP of all blocks.

 

Personally use funnel bases since A17 because they are the most effective. And although I don't use endless loops or anything like that I was accused of cheating because I use my knowledge of the Zombie AI to guide the zombies into the entrance.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

There are apparently players for whom only a bunker or a fort with a thick wall is a legitimate base and anything else is cheese. But these forms of defense are now very ineffective due to the group block damage and the improved pathfinding which also factor in the HP of all blocks.

 

Personally use funnel bases since A17 because they are the most effective. And although I don't use endless loops or anything like that I was accused of cheating because I use my knowledge of the Zombie AI to guide the zombies into the entrance.

For me personally I count cheese bases as "any base design that exploits holes or oddities in zombie AI to render them mostly or totally ineffective, in ways that were clearly not intended". Funnel bases, drop bases, and pusher skywalks aren't really "exploits" so much as they are clever usage of zombie AI and them always taking the shortest path. I could see a player easily figuring out those designs work even with no outside help, and they don't really feel unnatural. I'm more talking things that completely break zombie AI like ladder abuse (which is apparently being fixed in 19.1).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get what the point of cheesing is in the game. no fun at all like staying afk and wait for it to end...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diragor said:

I don't get what the point of cheesing is in the game. no fun at all like staying afk and wait for it to end...

Cheesing is not necessarily the same as going AFK and waiting for the end of the horde. The cheese bases I know are mainly for getting as much XP as possible with minimal risk and minimal resource costs.

 

For me, an AFK base would be a base that is full of traps and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show. Dart traps are good for bases like this but consume a lot of iron.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Teacyn said:

I feel like a lot of these players would benefit from turning bloodmoons off entirely, because if you pay attention a ton of them constantly complain about the new zombie AI rendering their cheese bases nonfunctional and about how bloodmoons "are impossible to do legitimately" and stuff like that.

I never used to, but I have come to look forward to bloodmoon. I like to test out my base against all that they can throw at it and I admit my base has become overkill with enough blade traps to kill my usual solid FPS.

 

I just added another outer wall with vertical blade traps on the walls and put up some electric fence posts as well. My problem is I like to have my storage and my living space the same as my defense base, since A16 I have done this and if those demolishers can make their way through to, and destroy my inner tower, I will lose everything, so that is the reason for the overkill I guess.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diragor said:

I don't get what the point of cheesing is in the game. no fun at all like staying afk and wait for it to end...

For some people the challenge is building a base that you can afk in.   Some people find that fun.   Some find it fun to survive without a base at all.   Thats one of the things that makes this game so good; there are multiple, valid ways to play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bobrpggamer said:

My problem is I like to have my storage and my living space the same as my defense base, since A16 I have done this and if those demolishers can make their way through to, and destroy my inner tower, I will lose everything, so that is the reason for the overkill I guess.

And that's a valid choice. But a choice, nonetheless, and you'd have to deal with the consequences, if it comes to that.

 

 

 

For me, personally, I preferred when zombies had random attack points (zombies are not supposed to be smart, after all) over this complex AI that calculates path of least resistance, making funnel/bottleneck/corridor zones bases basically the only option for effective bases (maybe too effective, even)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, th3s0n1c said:

And that's a valid choice. But a choice, nonetheless, and you'd have to deal with the consequences, if it comes to that.

 

 

 

For me, personally, I preferred when zombies had random attack points (zombies are not supposed to be smart, after all) over this complex AI that calculates path of least resistance, making funnel/bottleneck/corridor zones bases basically the only option for effective bases (maybe too effective, even)

I agree, I believe there would be no way they could think with any tactical know how. I never used the wall system before the demolishers and before the AI that chooses a single path and knows what block are the weakest to break down. I used to use a series of catwalks and towers when the zombies would just attack from all sides.

 

 

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, asmosnuts said:

no you shouldnt have to mod a game to get enjoyment out of it

But shouldn’t SOMEONE have to mod it to get enjoyment out of it? How can TFP alone make the game exactly the way everyone in the world wishes it to be?  Seems impossible to me. But maybe you have the answer?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Teacyn said:

For me personally I count cheese bases as "any base design that exploits holes or oddities in zombie AI to render them mostly or totally ineffective, in ways that were clearly not intended". Funnel bases, drop bases, and pusher skywalks aren't really "exploits" so much as they are clever usage of zombie AI and them always taking the shortest path. I could see a player easily figuring out those designs work even with no outside help, and they don't really feel unnatural. I'm more talking things that completely break zombie AI like ladder abuse (which is apparently being fixed in 19.1).

well not just ai ...  but game bugs overall like removing durability damage by garage doors bug

3 hours ago, Kalen said:

For some people the challenge is building a base that you can afk in.   Some people find that fun.   Some find it fun to survive without a base at all.   Thats one of the things that makes this game so good; there are multiple, valid ways to play.

 yeah  some people  enjoy challenge of spending  5  minutes to make endgame horde proof base from wooden blockc  because faulty ai wont do anything  or

diging 3 block hole jump in place wood frame above head .. for blood moon immortality  ... and whine for several alphas when zombies learn to dig

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, alanea said:

yeah  some people  enjoy challenge of spending  5  minutes to make endgame horde proof base from wooden blockc  because faulty ai wont do anything  or

diging 3 block hole jump in place wood frame above head .. for blood moon immortality  ... and whine for several alphas when zombies learn to dig

People that enjoy the challenge of making a good defensive base don't generally use those methods as that would defeat the purpose.  Cause at that point it's no longer a challenge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kalen said:

People that enjoy the challenge of making a good defensive base don't generally use those methods as that would defeat the purpose.

That's me. I consider an AFK base to be a "win condition" for this game and furthermore I have a very narrow definition of what constitutes "cheese" with "taking advantage of stupid zombie AI" not included in that definition. That said, it's much more fun to just play it straight and try to build a base that at least nominally gives the zombies a chance to get to me while making it very, very difficult for them to do so. Also making a good-faith effort to kill the entire horde is fun to me, so a base which just keeps the first wave at bay while not actually killing any of them wouldn't be a design I'd want to pursue.

 

But otherwise, if my base can murderize the horde while I enjoy an adult beverage and watch, that's a win, baby. Maybe I try sniping the demos because that's fun to do. Base can handle the rest as a testament to good engineering.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in as another long-term player (since A9 I believe) who likes A19 much better than 16, who hated gun parts and thinks there's zero functional difference between grinding stone axes and killing zombies for xp. 

The only thing better about A16 was the maps, and the fact we could build pillar 25 cage bases to get down and melee zombies in the face. If they broke the pillars, you got swamped, but as long as you kept moving (and repairing) you could survive it. Now zombies swarm one spot and outer walls are useless, so I'm back up to the same thing I have been since I first started playing - solid base with a metal bar overhang, a ramp to get in and out, and my whole crafting base in a "house" on top. I have never once had zombies collapse a solid 8 x 8 block, certainly not enough to get at my stuff or break my base. 

A16 crybabies are like the console crybabies - they've been given an answer and they just can't deal with the fact that the answer isn't what they want to hear.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Feycat said:

Count me in as another long-term player (since A9 I believe) who likes A19 much better than 16, who hated gun parts and thinks there's zero functional difference between grinding stone axes and killing zombies for xp. 

The only thing better about A16 was the maps, and the fact we could build pillar 25 cage bases to get down and melee zombies in the face. If they broke the pillars, you got swamped, but as long as you kept moving (and repairing) you could survive it. Now zombies swarm one spot and outer walls are useless, so I'm back up to the same thing I have been since I first started playing - solid base with a metal bar overhang, a ramp to get in and out, and my whole crafting base in a "house" on top. I have never once had zombies collapse a solid 8 x 8 block, certainly not enough to get at my stuff or break my base. 

A16 crybabies are like the console crybabies - they've been given an answer and they just can't deal with the fact that the answer isn't what they want to hear.

 

actually most pillar users just dig hole put pillars as roof and then punched + looted zombies above them as they grouped on their horizontal location and couldnt hit blocks under them or pathfind  to entrance

 

17 hours ago, Kalen said:

People that enjoy the challenge of making a good defensive base don't generally use those methods as that would defeat the purpose.  Cause at that point it's no longer a challenge.

well those methods are the only reason why crybabies whine about digging ...those "holes in design" gave them effort free way to avoid hordes and now they need to put in atleast minimal effort lets say +-  half day per week  instead few hits with shovel #itkilledgame

Edited by alanea (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...