Game doesn't "eat up" enough resources

zen37

I feel this game doesn't consume enough resources so there is surplus of to many things. It does good job with ammo, fuel and food but the rest could use some balancing. Here are two ideas in two categories to show you how can it be fixed:

1. Weapons and armor

Give durability to mods ( that can't be fixed ) if they reach 0 they jam weapon  until it's removed ( armor would still work ) .Maybe even give player made mods higher durability.

2. Vehicles

Vehicles should have three replaceable parts with durability that wears off while driving: wheels,engine and car battery ( only wheels for bicycles). Engine would have pretty decent durability, car battery would depend on its lvl and wheels should have lowest. I would add levels to wheels so it would make sense putting points in grease monkey.

13 hours ago, zen37 said:

1. Weapons and armor

Give durability to mods ( that can't be fixed ) if they reach 0 they jam weapon  until it's removed ( armor would still work ) .Maybe even give player made mods higher durability.

It is quite easy to consume the mods. When you sell a weapon, a piece of armor or a tool of high quality then put mods into the slots. This will increase the value of the items more than if you sell the mod separately. If you do this regularly you will find that your mod chest is very empty.

13 hours ago, zen37 said:

2. Vehicles

Vehicles should have three replaceable parts with durability that wears off while driving: wheels,engine and car battery ( only wheels for bicycles). Engine would have pretty decent durability, car battery would depend on its lvl and wheels should have lowest. I would add levels to wheels so it would make sense putting points in grease monkey.

A damage system for vehicles is planned for the A20. This contains some elements of what you are suggesting. You will only be able to repair the damage with spare parts and not with repair kits.

As for A19, there is always a lack of engines and batteries when you use electrical traps as part of the base defense.

Archived