No Lootable Tier 6

EpicSpire

Is there a mod that removes Tier 6 weapons and tools from the loot system and makes it so they can be crafted? I personally think that a Tier 6 weapon/tool should not be found and only be crafted, as a perk for maxing out the skill. I'm probably alone in thinking this, but still, requesting the modlett if it doesn't exist and requesting a link if it does.

• 3 weeks later...

This is something i'm thinking on trying to figure out aswell.

I found that since we can't craft T6 items, spending points to reach tier5 feels a bit 'wasted'

Was thinking if it would be possible to find a book say 'master pistol' to unlock the T6 crafting.

But not sure if it's possible to have a requirement T5 crafting on books to be able to read.

Removing T6 from loot alltogether should be fairly easy (famous last words) to do with loot.xml

I was just talking to someone else about this and we figured that the chapter or book would actually allow you to craft at +1 Tier.. so when you get to T5.. it would be a T6. this would allow someone who doesn't spec at all into the item be able to craft a T2. and each skill item would have it's own book.. by that i mean 1 book for all blades, not each blade.. so reading the blades book would allow it for bone knife, hunting knife and Machete. just like the skill affects all of them, the book would too.

Same for tools. 

and we decided that removing the T6 from loot would discourage looting, so instead we think the best course would be to have T6 be random stats.. but a crafted T6 be best stats that the random will not reach.. so crafted is better than found but the found t6 is still better than the T5

My intended approach (got the idea yesterday) would be to not remove t6 from loot but make it very very rare, and try to add a whole new perk book collection for tools, one for armortypes and one for weapontype(s) (not finished thinking on how to implement)

and have each book give a few % to stats, like +5% blockdamage in one book, +5% swingspeed in another book etc.

and the complete collection unlocks T6 crafting for that tree (ie tools)

Not even sure that would be possible, but could be  interesting, maybe add superrare chance to find books in the junk group to have looting encouraged.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:04 AM, -Holo- said:

My intended approach (got the idea yesterday) would be to not remove t6 from loot but make it very very rare, and try to add a whole new perk book collection for tools, one for armortypes and one for weapontype(s) (not finished thinking on how to implement)

and have each book give a few % to stats, like +5% blockdamage in one book, +5% swingspeed in another book etc.

and the complete collection unlocks T6 crafting for that tree (ie tools)

Not even sure that would be possible, but could be  interesting, maybe add superrare chance to find books in the junk group to have looting encouraged.

sounds interesting, keep me informed if you do make a mod like that

• 2 weeks later...

It's taking a bit longer then expected. Working on a whole bleeping lots of different small mods at the same time 😛

But.

I think I have gotten the basics down and it's working now for tools.

Needs to try to come up with books for armor/guns/meleeweapons now -.-

Archived