Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Jugginator

Jugginator

2 hours ago, alanea said:

a19 runs better cpu/vga wise ... but its  far more memory hungry

people struggle with  8gb ... 6 is probably dead end even with

map  size have no impact on memory usage apart of generation .. game dont keep everything in ram it just loads chunks around you

Only partially true. If I were to do an 8k map with only 8gigs of ram (6 if you deduct for the APU) I get major stutters and frame drop. 4k is way better.

In fact, this is from spawn after the ram was done allocating and leveled out. First is an 8k RWG, second is a 4K RWG:

8K.PNG.1b9fd7cff52b9a3c676977b9949adcbc.PNG

4K.PNG.4182394e21eef20eb035c9ffe5d297ff.PNG

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Cant comment on performance since my old laptop I used during A16 is pretty dead (sound card doesn't work, battery doesn't work, power supply doesn't work, screen doesn't work... but works fine if you use a universal laptop charger + hdmi screen... so there's that?)

HOWEVER, RAM usage is really, really low in A19 vs A16. I recommend turning Dynamic Music off. That has a noticable impact on RAM usage.

Yeah and for some reason the ingame voice chat being on has a minor performance hit still. 

Jugginator

Jugginator

38 minutes ago, alanea said:

a19 runs better cpu/vga wise ... but its  far more memory hungry

people struggle with  8gb ... 6 is probably dead end even with

map  size have no impact on memory usage apart of generation .. game dont keep everything in ram it just loads chunks around you

Only partially true. If I were to do an 8k map with only 8gigs of ram (6 if you deduce for the APU) I get major stutters and frame drop. 4k is way better.

In fact, this is from spawn after the ram was done allocating and leveled out. First is an 8k RWG, second is a 4K RWG:

8K.PNG.1b9fd7cff52b9a3c676977b9949adcbc.PNG

4K.PNG.4182394e21eef20eb035c9ffe5d297ff.PNG

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Cant comment on performance since my old laptop I used during A16 is pretty dead (sound card doesn't work, battery doesn't work, power supply doesn't work, screen doesn't work... but works fine if you use a universal laptop charger + hdmi screen... so there's that?)

HOWEVER, RAM usage is really, really low in A19 vs A16. I recommend turning Dynamic Music off. That has a noticable impact on RAM usage.

Yeah and for some reason the ingame voice chat being on has a minor performance hit still.