Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

26 minutes ago, ~Kevin~ said:

Alpha 19 is prettier, but Alpha 16 is still the boss.

If I uninstall the current Alpha, and go back to 16, 16 maxes out my 16 gigs of memory.  Before, everything topped out at around 8 gigs.  I think 19 is better optimized, but 16 is more fun.

The OP specifically stated that this thread is about performance. There are PLENTY of threads about how wonderful A16 is for gameplay. Please don't derail this one away from the specific topic of performance by starting a debate about which one is most fun. Some will like A16 better and some will like A19 better and it can all be discussed on other threads-- maybe the one you just created in addition to posting this here...

Roland

Roland

24 minutes ago, ~Kevin~ said:

Alpha 19 is prettier, but Alpha 16 is still the boss.

If I uninstall the current Alpha, and go back to 16, 16 maxes out my 16 gigs of memory.  Before, everything topped out at around 8 gigs.  I think 19 is better optimized, but 16 is more fun.

The OP specifically stated that this thread is about performance. There are PLENTY of threads about how wonderful A16 is for gameplay. Please don't derail this one away from the specific topic of performance by starting a debate about which one plays best. Some will like A16 better and some will like A19 better and it can all be discussed on other threads-- maybe the one you just created in addition to posting this here...