MoreContainers v2.1 (Alpha 21)

Ericbeaudoin

19 hours ago, Gamida said:

Not sure if you know or not but the crates can be made writable.

EbiNb9B.png

Unless you are talking about one with the picture labels.

wait, how do you do that???

1 minute ago, hiddenyak said:

wait, how do you do that???

I figured it out, thanks!!

• 3 months later...
  • Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v1.5 (Alpha 19)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v1.6 (Alpha 19)

1.6: Crates for mod parts 

• Changed the modding design (its purpose was not clear enough)
  • Added designs for Armor, Vehicle (in preparation for Alpha 20), and Weapon Mods crates and half-crates

spacer.png

•     Fix a typo that was there since forever, if you used an ammo crate of half-crate, you will probably have to remove it with and place it back
On 9/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, Xanderon said:

Hi, i made account just to ask this, is there a chance u would make not only these boxes as shapes, but as paints too? me and my friends always used the paints to mark them

Hey Xanderon. I would like to make the new box designs available as paint. In fact, it was my original intention. Unfortunately, as this point there are no way to mod in new paint textures. I know there are some change to modding coming with Alpha  20, but I haven't heard of any changes concerning paint texture modding.

If would very much like to add new painting textures if it ever becomes possible to do so.

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v1.7 (Alpha 19)

This should be the last update before Alpha 20. Apparently Alpha 20 has new options for modding so I might be able to add the designs as painting options. Otherwise, I'll try to make it work, but there is a major update to the way the blocks will be used in game. We'll see.

Meanwhile

* 1.7: More ammo crates
    - Added crates and half-crates for 9mm, arrow, magnum, and shell ammo
    - Added crates and half-crates for melee and range weapons

spacer.png

Link to release

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

@Daisuki, the mod still works with Alpha 20 without any need for update. There is a little weirdness with the order of the multiblock, but otherwise it works exactly as it used to. I'll see about adding new designs but books are already covered with the library and drinks with the fridge so I didn't think anyone would want them. As for money, I usually put mine in a safe. I'll see about adding them anyways.

@Rathlon, unfortunately, I don't think there are any ways yet to add new painting texture or paintable blocks to the game. That's way I had to use a multiblock for the new cube and half-cube container designs. Note however that if you destroy one of the new crates, it returns to your inventory. It's not as easy as painting but it does allow you to change the design without having to craft new crates.

@Ricowan, thanks for answering before I had the change :-). It's exactly like you said.

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v1.7 (Alpha 19 & 20)
On 12/31/2021 at 10:32 PM, NeoSono said:

Love the containers. any reason the items.xml doesn't add anything? from what I see its kinda empty?

It is. I have a template mod with empty blocks, items, recopies, and localisation. I didn't use it but I forgot to remove it. I'll clean up on the next release but it has absolutely no effect on anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

i have a dumb question here ! 

I have been searching everywhere in game how to build these new mod crates without success but i see them in creativemenu.

Could someone explain step by step how to create them please ? a recipe maybe ?

Thanks a lot

5 hours ago, Sir-Aza said:

Hey

i have a dumb question here ! 

I have been searching everywhere in game how to build these new mod crates without success but i see them in creativemenu.

Could someone explain step by step how to create them please ? a recipe maybe ?

Thanks a lot

Hmmm... the default storage was changed and I didn't realised it. When I checked the addon with A20.0, that was not the case and I missed that change.

I'll put this on my todo list of things to fix. Expect a new version soonish.

43 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

@Sir-Aza possibly the above?

I have read all topics a searched on the net and i just can't get it !
"Wood Furniture" doesn't tell me what to do to get the storages to work 😕

35 minutes ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

Hmmm... the default storage was changed and I didn't realised it. When I checked the addon with A20.0, that was not the case and I missed that change.

I'll put this on my todo list of things to fix. Expect a new version soonish.

Ohh very happy to know i helped u find a problem ❤️

50 minutes ago, Sir-Aza said:

I have read all topics a searched on the net and i just can't get it !
"Wood Furniture" doesn't tell me what to do to get the storages to work 😕

Ohh very happy to know i helped u find a problem ❤️

Thanks for that. Meanwhile, like @EddCase mentioned, you can use Wood Furniture and you'll get the new storages. 

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v1.8 (Alpha 20)

I also think that what is obvious to me might not be for all 7 Days players. I'll come up with better instruction in the upcoming weeks.

Here's the Cliffs Notes:

You open your inventory and in the left section you search for Storage Boxes. This will find the recipe to build a Variant Helper block that will allow you to chose any of the containers before you place it. Once placed, if you change your mind, you can destroy the storage container and it will go back into your inventory as a Variant Block so you will be able to change the design before placing it back in.

@Sir-Aza I hope the instruction this is a bit clearer. You can forget about Wood Furniture since the Storage Containers now have their own Variant block named Storage Boxes.

Like @MikeyUK said, once the storage is equip on your tool bar, you press down R until a circular menu appears. One of the options in the menu will allow you to choose the Container design you want.

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

• Ericbeaudoin changed the title to MoreContainers v2.1 (Alpha 21)