Jump to content
Ericbeaudoin

MoreContainers v1.4 (Alpha 19)

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

 

Important: For this modlet to work properly, it needs to be installed on the server and every player's computer.

 

Do you have friends that can't help themselves and store everything in a specific box for each type of items? I do. This mods add new graphic designs for the storage boxes and also add half-block versions of the storage boxes (for more headspace).

 

The new designs are added to the Wooden Storage / Furniture variant block. When the new containers are destroyed, they are put in the player inventory. This allow players to move the containers or to select a different design.

 

1.4: New crates

  • New Auto Parts and Workbench designs

1.3: Bug fixes

  • Secure Armors Storage now available to players (only could use Insecure version before)
  • Writable Storage now get drop in your inventory if you destroy it

1.2: Alpha 19 fixes

  • Fix: The wood container variant block changed name with Alpha 19
  • Work on textures to make them look better with new lighting system

1.1: Rebuild assets for the new linear lighting (Alpha 19)
1.0: Fist official version which includes

  • New design for generic, armors, barter (trader), forge, mining, and recycle storage boxes
  • Everything is also available in half-cube format
  • All new storage boxes are added to the wood storage and furniture helper

 

Release Notes v1.4
Download v1.4

All my mods

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

super awesome dude. i'll add this mod to my list and when i start a new series, i'll give it a shout out.. all 5 people who watch my vids will hear about you lol. checking your other mods too

also. The StorageSize v1.04 link doesn't work. not sure if you updated or if the mod is broke and you removed..just FYI

and does MorePaintTextures v1.0 (Alpha 18) and MoreBlocks v1.03 (Alpha 18) work for A19?

Edited by EpicSpire (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EpicSpire said:

super awesome dude. i'll add this mod to my list and when i start a new series, i'll give it a shout out.. all 5 people who watch my vids will hear about you lol. checking your other mods too

also. The StorageSize v1.04 link doesn't work. not sure if you updated or if the mod is broke and you removed..just FYI

and does MorePaintTextures v1.0 (Alpha 18) and MoreBlocks v1.03 (Alpha 18) work for A19?

Thanks you for letting me know about StorageSize, I've fixed the link.

 

I haven't test MorePaintTextures and MoreBlocks with Alpha 19 at all. MorePaintTextures might work without change but I doubt that MoreBlocks does because many block and item change name with Alpha 19.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the license conditions for the mod. Can I integrate the mod as it is in my own modpack if I leave it unchanged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have an obsession with having everything in a certain space. I never made mine so pretty though. I just made it so the content name was stenciled on the crate, but it works for me and I never released it out into the wild so I only had to please myself.  The recipe needs paper to make the stencil, dye and a paintbrush of course to apply the text. I was thinking of adding tape so you had to tape the stencil to the crate but thought that would require a lot of tape for all those crates (as I was guessing at time I would add more :) )

 

hwg9Zrq.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ericbeaudoin I installed your mod but it does not come up as installed when I started my game. I placed it in my "mods" folders, along with other mods an it's the only one not working.. I also could not see any error message in the console. Is there anything you could advise I might have done wrong? Thanks!

On 9/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, Gamida said:

I also have an obsession with having everything in a certain space. I never made mine so pretty though. I just made it so the content name was stenciled on the crate, but it works for me and I never released it out into the wild so I only had to please myself.  The recipe needs paper to make the stencil, dye and a paintbrush of course to apply the text. I was thinking of adding tape so you had to tape the stencil to the crate but thought that would require a lot of tape for all those crates (as I was guessing at time I would add more :) )

 

hwg9Zrq.png

That's nice you should release it, 'd be interested myself ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belenos said:

@Ericbeaudoin I installed your mod but it does not come up as installed when I started my game. I placed it in my "mods" folders, along with other mods an it's the only one not working.. I also could not see any error message in the console. Is there anything you could advise I might have done wrong? Thanks!

That's nice you should release it, 'd be interested myself ;)

What mods do you have besides this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Belenos said:

@Ericbeaudoin I installed your mod but it does not come up as installed when I started my game. I placed it in my "mods" folders, along with other mods an it's the only one not working.. I also could not see any error message in the console. Is there anything you could advise I might have done wrong? Thanks!

That's nice you should release it, 'd be interested myself ;)

As I mentioned it is just something I did for myself because I have to have things in certain containers because I hate having to search for things. Also I don't have the patiences to keep fixing it if an update screws it lol. I want to apologize to Ericbeardoin also as I didn't show my mod as a way to advertise it in his mod thread. I was just saying that I know his reason for creating his mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, FGR said:

What are the license conditions for the mod. Can I integrate the mod as it is in my own modpack if I leave it unchanged?

So long as you do not charge anything for it, you make it clear that I'm the author of the mod, and that you put a link to my mod pag (https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/README.md) in your mod package, you are welcome to use my mod.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:11 AM, Gamida said:

I also have an obsession with having everything in a certain space. I never made mine so pretty though. I just made it so the content name was stenciled on the crate, but it works for me and I never released it out into the wild so I only had to please myself.  The recipe needs paper to make the stencil, dye and a paintbrush of course to apply the text. I was thinking of adding tape so you had to tape the stencil to the crate but thought that would require a lot of tape for all those crates (as I was guessing at time I would add more :) )

 

hwg9Zrq.png

Nice, I like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, Belenos said:

@Ericbeaudoin I installed your mod but it does not come up as installed when I started my game. I placed it in my "mods" folders, along with other mods an it's the only one not working.. I also could not see any error message in the console. Is there anything you could advise I might have done wrong? Thanks!

 

When you load your game, you should see somthing like this in the log (or by pressing F1 while the game is loading):
 

2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.172 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: MoreContainers
2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.198 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: MoreContainers (1.4)

If you don't see this message, something went wrong with the installating. I have more detail instructions here: https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/Modlet Installation.md

 

To use the new containers, craft a Wooden Storage / Furniture:

1243507991_CraftStorageBox.png.79f26ee0c14a4236aee4f74c6dc77304.png

Put the storage box on your tool belt and press R to choose the new designs:
339296151_UseStorageBoxvariantmenu.thumb.png.396e6c2cfccc9691b8cb429d9444b8da.png

On 9/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, CrazyAluminum said:

What mods do you have besides this?

The link to all my mods is in the first post.
https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/README.md

 

 

Edited by Ericbeaudoin (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ericbeaudoin said:

When you load your game, you should see somthing like this in the log (or by pressing F1 while the game is loading):
 


2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.172 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: MoreContainers
2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.198 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: MoreContainers (1.4)

If you don't see this message, something went wrong with the installating. I have more detail instructions here: https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/Modlet Installation.md

 

To use the new containers, craft a Wooden Storage / Furniture:

1243507991_CraftStorageBox.png.79f26ee0c14a4236aee4f74c6dc77304.png

Put the storage box on your tool belt and press R to choose the new designs:
339296151_UseStorageBoxvariantmenu.thumb.png.396e6c2cfccc9691b8cb429d9444b8da.png

The link to all my mods is in the first post.
https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/README.md

 

 

I answered Belenos (I'm using your MoreContainers, PaintJob and StorageSize)

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ericbeaudoin I am not normally one to do this, because I do not believe in asking modder's to do more work just to suit my needs . . .

 

But, how hard would it be to add a version of the 1/2 block container that is like the writable vanilla container?

 

Absolutely love this mod, btw. It goes a long way to satisfying an ocd itch.

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Reckis said:

@Ericbeaudoin I am not normally one to do this, because I do not believe in asking modder's to do more work just to suit my needs . . .

 

But, how hard would it be to add a version of the 1/2 block container that is like the writable vanilla container?

 

Absolutely love this mod, btw. It goes a long way to satisfying an ocd itch.

I actually want that myself. Unfortunately, I haven't found yet how to reverse engineer the Text writing script that FunPims use. It's similar to why I can't add blocks that can be painted or add new texture to the avaiable paints.

I'm looking into it but get your hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, Ericbeaudoin said:

When you load your game, you should see somthing like this in the log (or by pressing F1 while the game is loading):
 


2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.172 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: MoreContainers
2020-09-15T22:22:51 11.198 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: MoreContainers (1.4)

If you don't see this message, something went wrong with the installating. I have more detail instructions here: https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/Modlet Installation.md

 

To use the new containers, craft a Wooden Storage / Furniture:

1243507991_CraftStorageBox.png.79f26ee0c14a4236aee4f74c6dc77304.png

Put the storage box on your tool belt and press R to choose the new designs:
339296151_UseStorageBoxvariantmenu.thumb.png.396e6c2cfccc9691b8cb429d9444b8da.png

The link to all my mods is in the first post.
https://github.com/Laotseu/7dtdMods/blob/master/README.md

 

 

Thanks, it's all working now, I can see in the list of installed mods, and I was able to use it. I don't know what was wrong at the first place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...