Resetting prefabs.

h0tr0d

I spent quite a bit of time recently with the in-game tools regarding prefabs and I ended up only getting frustrated. I began looking for an answer on how to reset prefabs due to players destroying the loot containers inside so I searched through the forums for a solid few hours looking for an answer. The last time I messed with prefabs in a game I was using HAL's editor; is there a guide on using their tools to reset a prefab in-game when resetting a region isn't an option?

I keep getting a prefab built under the world where i don't wish, or it facing the wrong way, or some other nonsense. It just doesn't feel intuitive to me. 

Pls halp.

Are the prefabs in question quest prefabs?  If so, I think you can use a console command to invoke a test quest against it to reset it.

Edit: Try the "givequest test_fetchsleep" in the console when your standing next to the POI you want to try and reset and see if it works.  If you get a quest with rally marker to reset the POI then your golden.

50 minutes ago, h0tr0d said:

They aren't. You got a link for all those console commands? They sure aren't listen in help console and google gives you all sorts of @%$#.

That's unfortunate.  The only other way I know to reset non-quest POIs is by deleting the region that its in.

23 hours ago, Laz Man said:

givequest test_fetchsleep

What's crazy is I can delete the region entirely and allow it generate again and it still tells me a bedroll placed inside is preventing it from starting the quest. I checked out other ideas/files and what I thought could be an issue but so far nothing.

Archived