Required TIERED items for crafting?

HellVenge

Hello! I am currently programming a hardcore server with tons of progression, but I've struck into a problem.

My main idea is: 

- There are NO lootable items above Tier (Quality) 1
- The only way to level up an item (Armor or Weapon) is to find X number of Armor parts and Weapon parts and craft a higher tier item.

For example:

- You loot a level 1 Pistol
- To have a level 2 Pistol, you gotta craft it using a Level 1 Pistol, +50 Pistol Parts +5 Duct Tape
- To have a level 3 Pistol, you gotta craft it using a Level 2 Pistol, +85 Pistol Parts +10 Duct Tape +5 Nails
- To have a level 4 Pistol, you gotta craft it using a Level 3 Pistol, +110 Pistol Parts +15 Duct Tape +10 Nails +5 Forget Iron
- To have a level 5 Pistol, you gotta craft it using a Level 4 Pistol, +145 Pistol Parts +20 Duct Tape +15 Nails +10 Forget Iron +5 Forged Steel

Well, that is my idea, the problem is... I don't know how to make a recipe that demands an item that has a certain Level/Quality...

Code:

Spoiler
<recipe name="gunMGT1AK47" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,perkMachineGunner">
    <ingredient name="gunMGT1AK47" count="1"/> <!--HOW TO MAKE THIS INGREDIENT DEMAND THE AK TO BE LEVEL 2???--!>
    <ingredient name="gunMGT1AK47Parts" count="55"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="10"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="5"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="10"/>
    <effect_group>
        <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1" value="3" tags="perkMachineGunner"/> <!--THE "VALUE 3" MEANS THAT THE AK WILL BE CRAFTED ON LEVEL 3, SO IT HAS TO DEMAND A LEVEL 2 AK TO BE CRAFTED--!>
    </effect_group>
</recipe>

I would highly appreciate some help on this, summarized question:  How to demand an ingredient in a crafting recipe to have certain Level/Quality?

Thank you very much <3

You can make them genuinely different items. Then the "previous  tier" item is a tangible item and can be an ingredient.

Either that or code it the way you want it.

Or you make only "the tier mod" craftable. Then you install the T2 upgrade mod and it has that power, just not the colour.

17 minutes ago, Gazz said:

You can make them genuinely different items. Then the "previous  tier" item is a tangible item and can be an ingredient.

Either that or code it the way you want it.

Or you make only "the tier mod" craftable. Then you install the T2 upgrade mod and it has that power, just not the colour.

Well this seems like the first option I thought of, only that making 5 extra items per every one existant is so tedious.

I also thought on different solutions like breaking appart a higher level item would give you different resources, in that case I would just create a "Tier X AK47 Parts", but I think I'd still need to make 6 versions of every item for that to be identifiable

I will highly recommend you try Darkness Falls mod if you want a harder and more interesting game. It add a lot more content, and have many new mechanics and secrets to discover. If you still want to modify things, it make a much better platform for modding since so much is added and already  improved. For most weapons crafting have gone back to old receiver, barrel, parts, grip, recipes, with one unique for each weapon.

Archived