A19.180: Errors in console and in char inventory in Prefab Editor mode

Seno_Crestwalker

Hello,

This issue started with A19, never happened before. First thing is that on my char screen in Level/Prefab Editor mode he has a hazmat boot on face. Literally, in face slot. And I cannot remove it, when I try to remove it, console pops open with message:

• NullRefereceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Boot does appear in my inventory but also remains on char's face as well. Also, following lines regularly spam in console:

• No ItemClass entry for type 10496
  • No ItemClass entry for type 48390
  • No ItemClass entry for type 33753

Note that this is without any mods, with vanilla config files and I've also done the file verification in Steam and all files were up-to-date. Also I noticed this message in console (opened by pressing F1) which did not occur prior to A19:

• WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha16 (b15)'

Technically it doesn't affect things, I can still build pre-fabs or edit them and so on, but this weird error and "boot in face" situation is annoying. I played first A19 experimental and then A19.180 stable when it was out, however I get no such issues or messages when I am actually in the game, everything works normally there. It's only the Level/Prefab editor which does this. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Hello,

I will need to look where the game logs are, then I can check them too. As for A16, funny thing is, I've never played A16, I installed the game and started playing it in A17. As for world data wipe then no, didn't do that since I didn't know about it, I played the game as it updated in Steam, did that wipe now and will see if that changed anything. Thanks for the response.

Hello,

I did the wipe as was suggested in this thread and also on the banner, as I mentioned I wasn't aware of that recommendation since I simply played the game as it updated :) Started to check the forum and details when I couldn't get the boot out of my char's face.. And it seems that this wipe did help, no more boot in face and no more error messages in Level/Prefab Editor mode. Thank you for your assistance.

Archived