Stardew Valley starting house and farm

H01101001

My best rendition of what the farm land and the house would look like on day one of Spring 1.  Looking at it this way, it made me realize how shady the farm must be on day one with all of those trees everywhere (not pictured here, I'm still working on the borders and the two lakes on the property).

SDVFarm.png

And here is the inside.  It's slightly more cramped than the one in the actual game but it was the best way to keep the outside looking as much as the in-game house as possible.

InsideSDVHouse1.png

Looking great!  Your on a roll!  You may want to look into incorporating the farm mod with your world as it will add alot of the variety that you will need for this adaptation.

If I wasn't so busy with my own projects I'd love to help you as this looks fun. 😅

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Looking great!  Your on a roll!  You may want to look into incorporating the farm mod with your world as it will add alot of the variety that you will need for this adaptation.

If I wasn't so busy with my own projects I'd love to help you as this looks fun. 😅

No worries and thanks!  This whole thing started because I wanted to figure out how to place and turn on some of the POI lights in my friend's base.  I still can't import the light but hey Stardew Valley!  :D   Now I'm trying to mess with the topography and streets of maps created with Nitrogen to create the SDV setting.  I will definitely check out the farm mod.   I also really want to see if I can create my own mod if the other's don't quite fit what I'm looking for.  Either way I'm having a blast and learning a lot.   Thanks for all of your input!

20 minutes ago, H01101001 said:

No worries and thanks!  This whole thing started because I wanted to figure out how to place and turn on some of the POI lights in my friend's base.  I still can't import the light but hey Stardew Valley!  :D   Now I'm trying to mess with the topography and streets of maps created with Nitrogen to create the SDV setting.  I will definitely check out the farm mod.   I also really want to see if I can create my own mod if the other's don't quite fit what I'm looking for.  Either way I'm having a blast and learning a lot.   Thanks for all of your input!

Regarding lights, within the creative mode there are usually 2 sets of most lights.  The ones labeled (POI) in its name has an option to edit light settings when your placing them within the prefab editor.  This only allows you to place lights in the "On" state though and doesn't give the ability to turn them off/on in a live survival game.  There is a mod for that though. :)

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

Regarding lights, within the creative mode there are usually 2 sets of most lights.  The ones labeled (POI) in its name has an option to edit light settings when your placing them within the prefab editor.  This only allows you to place lights in the "On" state though and doesn't give the ability to turn them off/on in a live survival game.  There is a mod for that though. :)

The problem is that I can't seem to import the light and place it.  I can create a world and edit a world and start a new game, but I haven't been able to figure out how to edit a game currently in progress.  I can get into DM mode, but when I press "k" nothing happens and I'm not able to access or place any of the prefabs I made or edited.  I think something changed with Alpha 19 and some of the tutorials on this stuff doesn't apply. Or I'm just confused haha.

Just now, H01101001 said:

The problem is that I can't seem to import the light and place it.  I can create a world and edit a world and start a new game, but I haven't been able to figure out how to edit a game currently in progress.  I can get into DM mode, but when I press "k" nothing happens and I'm not able to access or place any of the prefabs I made or edited.  I think something changed with Alpha 19 and some of the tutorials on this stuff doesn't apply. Or I'm just confused haha.

The prefab menu (K) was disabled in A19.  You can only access it when in either the prefab or world editors now.  If you want to import a prefab into an existing world, you will need to add it first via the world editor.  If the region that the prefab was imported into has already been visited by a player, you will need to delete the region files for that area so the game will place the prefab.  This is dangerous though as it will cause everything in that region to be reset including player bases and storage containers.

2 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

The prefab menu (K) was disabled in A19.  You can only access it when in either the prefab or world editors now.  If you want to import a prefab into an existing world, you will need to add it first via the world editor.  If the region that the prefab was imported into has already been visited by a player, you will need to delete the region files for that area so the game will place the prefab.  This is dangerous though as it will cause everything in that region to be reset including player bases and storage containers.

Ok well, that's good to know for the future.  They will freak out if I reset the base.  I'm the only one who cares about the light style anyway.  

Archived