Need various skill to repair various items, is it realy in XML?

Survager

Hello XML 7 Days To Die connoisseurs.

I need your help.

Can I set a requirement for a recipe in XML to repair a specific item?
For example, to repair an iron ax, I have to learn the recipe for an iron ax or buy a skill that unlocks this recipe.

If you know how to do this, please add an example XML to your answer.

Thanks.

So if I understand this correctly, you would like to be able to repair items only if you already know how to craft them. I'm afraid that this is not possible to achieve with pure xml as it's beyond the vanilla features. You would have to code this feature in C# and add it through DMT, because as far as I know by default you can repair everything as long as you have the repair kit (or any other repair item that matches the item you're trying to repair) in your inventory.

In pure xml, you could possibly go around this going the hard, less immersive way without a guaranteed result by creating your custom repair kits for every single item that would be normally repaired with regular repair kits and make it so that those items will need your custom repair kit for repair and recipe for crafting those custom repair kits would be unlocked with the same perk / recipe that would unlock crafting of that item in question. Although, I'm not sure if you can unlock two or more things with a single recipe, but even if that wasn't a problem, you still couldn't apply the same repair mechanic to vehicles, because they have hard coded repair kits as their repair item.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, krokots said:

I also was thinking about this. What I wanted to make is a mod, that reduces the quality of an item by one, if you want to repair it without the perk.

That would be a good compromise and give some rotation on tools/weapons

Archived