Vipers Simple Castle Prefab

The Viper

Hello all, 

I decided to build myself a steel castle fortress, one in which zombie hordes would have great difficulty getting into.  I figure i would share it with whoever might want to play with it.

Huge Castle

-Its a large square castle, nothing fancy, definitely not based on anything historical.

-it has a bunch of hidden loot, a few panic rooms (a couple hidden), hidden library and wine cellar

Twilight Castle

-same as huge castle prefab, but with a weird hidden basement (thats all i will say)

-needs to be put 35 blocks below ground level

-I usually create a new world, dont start new world, go into world editor, choose new world, and find a good place to place it, save, then start new world.

-download zip and extract to your prefabs folder

EDIT1: This castle is meant to be OP (hence all the steel), i built it so i wouldn't have to worry about the hordes and i could be free to explore.  You wont find it furnished with 1000 furnaces or workbenches.

-Hopefully everything works properly as this is my 1st and last prefab creation

20200818184325_1.jpg

20200818192346_1.jpg

20200827104449_1.jpg

20200903091653_1.jpg

20200903091705_1.jpg

20200903091726_1.jpg

20200903091829_1.jpg

20200903091856_1.jpg

20200903091905_1.jpg

20200903091923_1.jpg

Screenshot (633).jpg

Screenshot (638).jpg

Screenshot (640).jpg

Screenshot (641).jpg

20200818154230_1.jpg

TwilightZoneCastleA.zip HugeCastleA.zip

Looks good! I like the architectural style, even if it doesn't match anything irl. It does appear to use some real life elements.

I would probably convert all of the steel to cobble before allowing it to spawn in any of my worlds, but that is my personal preference. A premade, steel building feels a little OP to me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Viper, look out for painted versions of your work, Im submitting these to compo pack, and they usually paint and add zombies, I will also make sure your name is attached to these so you get full credit, well done. Make more! My maps always need good prefabs, dont worry about paint or loot or zombies. 

1 hour ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Viper, look out for painted versions of your work, Im submitting these to compo pack, and they usually paint and add zombies, I will also make sure your name is attached to these so you get full credit, well done. Make more! My maps always need good prefabs, dont worry about paint or loot or zombies. 

Whats that spose to mean. Wolf and i are doing the cp. It is only the old 2 yrs plus prefabs that get repainted. 

Other then that zombies loot textures underground do get looked at as the cp has over 350+ prefabs and they all have to fit so as to make sure lag and errors dont occur for people.

I scan the forums already and nexus for new prefabs to go into the cp. Already looked at this one. 

Also all prefabs are named after the creators to. I already have over 100 new prefabs i have that wolf and i need to discuss which make it in for cp47. 

The vanilla game also has a prefab size it can handle (nitro can handle bigger) but we need to make the pack user friendly right across the board. .

Over sized prefabs can be dl seperate. Also we dont add zs to pois if there isnt any in the poi it dont go in the cp. 

Dude, you of all people chiding me about lag in prefabs is the most laughable thing ever ever ever lol. Im making sure everything gets saved before they are lost. I want them in my maps, so I will use them as is, I just dont want stuff getting lost to the larger community, ESPECIALLY if they are not CP ready. Im already talking to Magoli and Wulf, and whatever you do is none of my business, so you better just take that chip off your shoulder when you talk to me dude and chill.

Im starting an open archive to catch everything that does not fit into compo as it is, or just cant be made to work with RWG. Things like sewer sets, highways, prefabs not up to CP snuff. People come and go, and Ive seen so so much good creative work lost, I dont want to own this project, but I will certainly collect and host the stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Dude, you of all people chiding me about lag in prefabs is the most laughable thing ever ever ever lol. Im making sure everything gets saved before they are lost. I want them in my maps, so I will use them as is, I just dont want stuff getting lost to the larger community, ESPECIALLY if they are not CP ready. Im already talking to Magoli and Wulf, and whatever you do is none of my business, so you better just take that chip off your shoulder when you talk to me dude and chill.

Im starting an open archive to catch everything that does not fit into compo as it is, or just cant be made to work with RWG. Things like sewer sets, highways, prefabs not up to CP snuff. People come and go, and Ive seen so so much good creative work lost, I dont want to own this project, but I will certainly collect and host the stuff. 

Magoli hasnt been on for a month. 

And wasnt chiding about lag lol. You misunderstand. As is wolf and I are working on the cp. 

I would love all pois in there meself. But lower end pcs struggle eith some. 

Of course dude, half the people who are making stuff dont even know what compo is. I want to make sure nothing gets missed, whether its ready for the big leauges or not. Im not sure what to call the backend archive, I want it to be similar in name, but something people will know is an archive and not a alternate to CP. KP or KPA or CPA

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 9:53 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

Thank you very much for the advice...i appreciate the compliments :)

@stallionsden if im being honest, i consider it offensive to come into someone's thread, comment repeatedly about nothing related to my post, and as someone who has been building prefabs for so long, and seeing a 1st time attempt at prefabbing, say nothing about the prefab good or bad (constructively)

4 hours ago, The Viper said:

Thank you very much for the advice...i appreciate the compliments :)

@stallionsden if im being honest, i consider it offensive to come into someone's thread, comment repeatedly about nothing related to my post, and as someone who has been building prefabs for so long, and seeing a 1st time attempt at prefabbing, say nothing about the prefab good or bad (constructively)

I can see where you are coming from and to be honest I originally thought cpt Krunch was attacking the cp. It was a misunderstanding and sorted further in pm. 

As for your prefabs looks good and decorative. Def would add zs when you can to it. 

What size dimensions are they both. (In the in game editor press escape and should be top right next to the tools menu if you were unaware.  

And I would never say anything bad bout anyones prefabs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, a misunderstanding and nothing else. Viper, this is thing is massive! lol

Im using this in some capacity for sure, have to see how it performs, its a biggun. I know Licthi at Fantasy Mod is going to be all over this.

Im thinking about burying it along with some loot and zed down at bedrock, no idea if it will work well.

The other idea would be to turn air blocks off and drop it under the desert 20-30 blocks and let them dig it out.

Archived