Jump to content

looking for help with icons


Recommended Posts

Solved Icon Issue - Still looking for help with other modlet. So I'm running dedicated and yes I know the rules for icon size / files and folders being on server and player mods folders I have quite a bit already working on my server. I have an issue with one of valmods modlets where only half the icons show and on 2 custom modest I made the icons simply won't show even as I triple checked the sizes / paths to the folders.files and made sure the png files matched the items.xml file for CustomIcon = "file". I am currently at work but when I get home I will throw you guys my GitHub with the files and such so you can view my paths and code for the XML files. Maybe I just spent to much time checking stuff that I missed a simple error. More eyes would be nice. I made custom diamond tools and armor set so once icons are fixed feel free to use the modlet.

I am also having a problem with a custom modlet to turn wood burning stove into a forge to smelt gold and silver to output diamonds. The stove works as a forge and displays the icon but I cannot place anything into the forge. It also displays that I can make the silver and gold from iron lead brass (that is what I wanted) so it's close do being down just error with input and output. ( still shows I can make items etc but I just want silver gold diamonds as output). Again I will upload all the modlets to GitHub in a few hours and all the help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Edited by flipvszero88
typos from auto correct on phone (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have added my diamond tools to github if someone can double check to make sure I didn't miss something regarding the Icons (Player side I have the Icons going in  7daystodie/mods/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas  so that should be fine - its server side) and T

he Precious Ore Smelter I could really use some help with input/output of lead/iron/brass to make gold/silver nuggets and  gold/silver nuggets smelted to make diamonds (May scratch the gold/silver smelted and just craft resourceRawDiamond in backpack/workbench since I will be using the BetterGems modlet to make grinded diamonds which will be main ingredient for making diamond tools/armor in future updates of my code) (Dont bother with strike through, Ill worry about that in the future)  I thought I had the input correct but it doesn't show on the right side(forging) so I cannot craft the silver/gold nuggets like they show on the crafting (left side). Also instead of it just showing gold/silver nuggets to craft it is showing all recipes.

Any insights or help on this is appreciated and of course I will give credits to all those who help me finish the Precious Ore Smelter modlet.

 

https://github.com/flipvszero/preciousoresmelter

 

Thanks for anyone who can take the time to check for me and for any help/tips you can give.

 

Edited by flipvszero88
Removed section (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flipvszero88 said:

I have added my diamond tools to github if someone can double check to make sure I didn't miss something regarding the Icons (Player side I have the Icons going in  7daystodie/mods/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas  so that should be fine - its server side) and T

he Precious Ore Smelter I could really use some help with input/output of lead/iron/brass to make gold/silver nuggets and  gold/silver nuggets smelted to make diamonds (May scratch the gold/silver smelted and just craft resourceRawDiamond in backpack/workbench since I will be using the BetterGems modlet to make grinded diamonds which will be main ingredient for making diamond tools/armor in future updates of my code) (Dont bother with strike through, Ill worry about that in the future)  I thought I had the input correct but it doesn't show on the right side(forging) so I cannot craft the silver/gold nuggets like they show on the crafting (left side). Also instead of it just showing gold/silver nuggets to craft it is showing all recipes.

Any insights or help on this is appreciated and of course I will give credits to all those who help me finish the Precious Ore Smelter modlet.

 

https://github.com/flipvszero/preciousoresmelter

 

Thanks for anyone who can take the time to check for me and for any help/tips you can give.

 

 

Hi flipvszero88

 

So you already have the stove forge operational and you just need to fundition the materials and show them to you at the forge?

 

You need to add an entry of the materials for your forge, you add it in the XUi folder, the file would be windows.xml.

 

I'm away from home, I'll arrive in a while and help you, by the way I have a forge like this, but it only melts the basic materials.


Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh maybe thats my mistake as I have this under  xui.xml  -> this should be switched to windows.xml?

 

<configs>
<append xpath="/xui/ruleset">
<window_group name="workstation_PreciousOreSmelter" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
<window name="windowToolsForge" />
<window name="windowFuel" />
<window name="windowForgeInput" />
<window name="windowOutput" />
<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
</window_group>
</append>

</configs>

 

 

- If you dont mind when you can just take a look and share your insights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flipvszero88 said:

Ahh maybe thats my mistake as I have this under  xui.xml  -> this should be switched to windows.xml?

 

<configs>
<append xpath="/xui/ruleset">
<window_group name="workstation_PreciousOreSmelter" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
<window name="windowToolsForge" />
<window name="windowFuel" />
<window name="windowForgeInput" />
<window name="windowOutput" />
<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
</window_group>
</append>

</configs>

 

 

- If you dont mind when you can just take a look and share your insights.

 

That's fine, don't change it, I'm already checking it and I'll share the code with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, flipvszero88 said:

Appreciate it!

 

Here is the code:

 

<Gouki>
<append xpath="/windows">

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Adding cursor area. -$#-->
    <window name="windowPreciousOreSmelterInput" width="228" height="229" panel="Right"
        controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,silver,gold" valid_materials_color="[green]" invalid_materials_color="[red]" cursor_area="true" >
        <panel style="header.panel" pos="0,2">
            <sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_forge"/>
            <label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiSmelting" />
        </panel>

        <sprite depth="3" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-43" height="228" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
        <rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-121" height="153">

            <grid depth="7" rows="3" cols="1" pos="3,75" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
                <item_stack name="0"/>
            </grid>

        </rect>

        <rect name="content2" depth="0" pos="78, -46" width="147" height="223">
            <sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
            <grid rows="7" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="32"  repeat_content="true">
                <forge_material name="0"/>
            </grid>
        </rect>
    </window>

</append>
</Gouki>

 

 

Save the code as windows.xml in the XUi folder and rename <window name = "windowForgeInput" /> to <window name = "windowPreciousOreSmelterInput" /> in xui.xml.
Hope that helps you.

 

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gouki said:

 

Here is the code:

 

<Gouki>
<append xpath="/windows">

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Adding cursor area. -$#-->
    <window name="windowPreciousOreSmelterInput" width="228" height="229" panel="Right"
        controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,silver,gold" valid_materials_color="[green]" invalid_materials_color="[red]" cursor_area="true" >
        <panel style="header.panel" pos="0,2">
            <sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_forge"/>
            <label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiSmelting" />
        </panel>

        <sprite depth="3" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-43" height="228" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
        <rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-121" height="153">

            <grid depth="7" rows="3" cols="1" pos="3,75" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
                <item_stack name="0"/>
            </grid>

        </rect>

        <rect name="content2" depth="0" pos="78, -46" width="147" height="223">
            <sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
            <grid rows="7" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="32"  repeat_content="true">
                <forge_material name="0"/>
            </grid>
        </rect>
    </window>

</append>
</Gouki>

 

 

Save the code as windows.xml in the XUi folder and rename <window name = "windowForgeInput" /> to <window name = "windowPreciousOreSmelterInput" /> in xui.xml.
Hope that helps you.

 

Regards

Still in same boat - on the right side of "forge" it doesnt show  iron , lead , or brass (were it counts how much you have in the forge) so in turn it cannot smelt the ores down. -

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing add this to the Config folder.

 

<Gouki>

<append xpath = "/ ui_display_info / crafting_category_display">

<crafting_category_list display_type = "PreciousOreSmelter">
<! - <crafting_category name = "" icon = "ui_game_symbol_forge" display_name = "lblAll" /> ->
<crafting_category name = "Resources" icon = "ui_game_symbol_resource" display_name = "lblCategoryResources" />
<crafting_category name = "Building" icon = "ui_game_symbol_map_house" display_name = "lblCategoryBuilding" />
<! - <crafting_category name = "AdvBuilding" icon = "ui_game_symbol_map_fortress" display_name = "lblCategoryAdvBuilding" /> ->
<crafting_category name = "Ammo / Weapons" icon = "ui_game_symbol_knife" display_name = "lblCategoryAmmoWeapons" />
<crafting_category name = "Tools / Traps" icon = "ui_game_symbol_tool" display_name = "lblCategoryToolsTraps" />
<! - <crafting_category name = "Decor / Miscellaneous" icon = "ui_game_symbol_chair" display_name = "lblCategoryDecorMisc" /> ->
</crafting_category_list>

</append>

</Gouki>

 

Save the file as ui_display.xml and also another comment about recipes.xml, why do you want to melt gold and silver, if you don't use it in the recipe, ask for iron, brass, lead, in that case you would need to add unit_gold and unit_silver for be able to create what you want and start to melt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Missing add this to the Config folder.

 

<Gouki>

<append xpath = "/ ui_display_info / crafting_category_display">

<crafting_category_list display_type = "PreciousOreSmelter">
<! - <crafting_category name = "" icon = "ui_game_symbol_forge" display_name = "lblAll" /> ->
<crafting_category name = "Resources" icon = "ui_game_symbol_resource" display_name = "lblCategoryResources" />
<crafting_category name = "Building" icon = "ui_game_symbol_map_house" display_name = "lblCategoryBuilding" />
<! - <crafting_category name = "AdvBuilding" icon = "ui_game_symbol_map_fortress" display_name = "lblCategoryAdvBuilding" /> ->
<crafting_category name = "Ammo / Weapons" icon = "ui_game_symbol_knife" display_name = "lblCategoryAmmoWeapons" />
<crafting_category name = "Tools / Traps" icon = "ui_game_symbol_tool" display_name = "lblCategoryToolsTraps" />
<! - <crafting_category name = "Decor / Miscellaneous" icon = "ui_game_symbol_chair" display_name = "lblCategoryDecorMisc" /> ->
</crafting_category_list>

</append>

</Gouki>

 

Save the file as ui_display.xml and also another comment about recipes.xml, why do you want to melt gold and silver, if you don't use it in the recipe, ask for iron, brass, lead, in that case you would need to add unit_gold and unit_silver for be able to create what you want and start to melt.

I had unit_gold and unit_silver and the Mresources - but decided to take it out 10 mins or so ago. Ill give that above a shot

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...