How do i change the default (white) settings for the options menu? (dll/sdx)

n2n1

I would like to set new defaults in the options for my mod.
I are talking about when the default option is highlighted in white - the other options are yellow.
My task is change it so, that the white values are reassigned. For example, i want to make the difficulty "survivalist" by default.

I couldn't find these constants. Maybe, someone noticed them? Please tell me the location.

I'm not an expert for SDX/DMT mods, but I've read that you can't change everything, it has some limitations, which is kinda funny when you consider that in old Alphas you could change some of those settings you would like to change now and you were able to change them through xml, so you didn't even need SDX for that.

10 hours ago, n2n1 said:

If this is set somewhere then you can change it.

(in overwhelming cases :))

Um, I mean there are things you can do with SDX / DMT, but it has also its limitations just like xml. In xml, not every value, property, attribute, feature is exposed to the players / modders and while SDX / DMT goes deeper, it still cannot change everything either, at least that's what I heard.

But I believe that you are the one who still plays the old Alphas, is that true? Maybe you're playing one where the exact settings you need to change is exposed through xml, but I doubt someone here will remember where and how, you're the one with the code at hand, so you should know better lol

On 8/30/2020 at 10:41 PM, n2n1 said:

I would like to set new defaults in the options for my mod.
I are talking about when the default option is highlighted in white - the other options are yellow.
My task is change it so, that the white values are reassigned. For example, i want to make the difficulty "survivalist" by default.

I couldn't find these constants. Maybe, someone noticed them? Please tell me the location.

Hi n2n1

Something like this?

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='newContinueGame']/rect/rect/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsBasic']/grid/gameoption[@name='GameDifficulty']/@display_names">goDifficulty5,goDifficulty6</set>

Only survivor difficulty and insane.

Regards

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Um, I mean there are things you can do with SDX / DMT, but it has also its limitations just like xml. In xml, not every value, property, attribute, feature is exposed to the players / modders and while SDX / DMT goes deeper, it still cannot change everything either, at least that's what I heard.

But I believe that you are the one who still plays the old Alphas, is that true? Maybe you're playing one where the exact settings you need to change is exposed through xml, but I doubt someone here will remember where and how, you're the one with the code at hand, so you should know better lol

The truth is, i don't use DTM and Xpath - i change the code directly. Just i wrote it so that it was clear what i wanted to know.

(maybe it's not even in Assembly-CSharp.dll, maybe it's somewhere in the text files of the game resources)

To be precise, i don't play the old Alphas - I play the new ones the old way :).

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi n2n1

Something like this?

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='newContinueGame']/rect/rect/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsBasic']/grid/gameoption[@name='GameDifficulty']/@display_names">goDifficulty5,goDifficulty6</set>

Only survivor difficulty and insane.

Regards

Thank You :), but this is not what i need - i need a full set levels of difficulties.

My real intention is to - specify my recommended settings in the options for the mod.

Archived