Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Liesel Weppen

Liesel Weppen

21 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

Returning to the 7d2d, this could mean, for example, that  Compopack comes as all-in-one collection of new prefabs, not as a collection of 300+ individual POI adding small mods which it really is. While it is not impossible that some creators might share their POI's as standalone addons as well. 

Yep, and that is the problem.
Then it is not a mod pack, but a new stand-alone mod, even tough it is just compiled out of other mods.

And then i might get a problem, if i combine two different compo"packs" that may contain the same POIs or even different development states of same POIs and and and. Or if a bug in one single POI becomes fixed, i won't get the update as long as the pack-provider does not update his whole package...

A Modpack, if you use a system like steam workshop anyway, should just a be a linked list to every small mod included, not a "copy" of that mod.

So once i saw people can share a list of mods they use. Since this in theory are "modpacks", there was no option to say to steam workshop "use exactly this" or "install all of them (additionally)".

Of course in many cases steam workshop is fine, but there is still a lot more optimization potential ;)

Liesel Weppen

Liesel Weppen

14 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

Returning to the 7d2d, this could mean, for example, that  Compopack comes as all-in-one collection of new prefabs, not as a collection of 300+ individual POI adding small mods which it really is. While it is not impossible that some creators might share their POI's as standalone addons as well. 

Yep, and that is the problem.
Then it is not a mod pack, but a new stand-alone mod, even tough it is just compiled out of other mods.

And then i might get a problem, if i combine two different compo"packs" that may contain the same POIs or even different development states of same POIs and and and.

A Modpack, if you use a system like steam workshop anyway, should just a be a linked list to every small mod included, not a "copy" of that mod.

So once i saw people can share a list of mods they use. Since this in theory are "modpacks", there was no option to say to steam workshop "use exactly this" or "install all of them (additionally)".

Of course in many cases steam workshop is fine, but there is still a lot more optimization potential ;)