What was the point in making the treasure rooms in Poi's?

Solomon

Vote here:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are treasure rooms necesseary?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Neutral opinion.
  2. 2. Should treasure rooms be removed?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Dont care.
  3. 3. Do treasure rooms improve the gameplay?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.

17 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I like the loot rooms kinda, but I dislike the dungeon style poi's they just don't fit the world like at all. Then again I prefered it like a16, no loot rooms, certain poi's just always had safes etc worth looting. The key idea though would kinda work, but that'd only work for the metal box, there is usually a gun crate or 2 or 3 and other stuff besides just the metal box you can loot. Unless they just can lock those too somehow.

Its fine if other stuff is there unlocked. The idea is that you can't get it all unless you you've found a key, pulled a lever, tripped a sensor, whatever...somewhere else in the POI. Its the same as if they just spread the stash out into the whole POI. You could go directly to the loot room but you would only get one container's worth of loot. For more you'd have to explore more.

I think spreading it out is the best answer for forcing more exploration but then that cancels the effect of a treasure room which they want. So then the next best thing is a key to open the best box or some kind of mechanic that relates the number of sleeper volumes you've entered to the loot you get at the end or any of the other ideas people are sharing.

55 minutes ago, Roland said:

Its fine if other stuff is there unlocked. The idea is that you can't get it all unless you you've found a key, pulled a lever, tripped a sensor, whatever...somewhere else in the POI. Its the same as if they just spread the stash out into the whole POI. You could go directly to the loot room but you would only get one container's worth of loot. For more you'd have to explore more.

I think spreading it out is the best answer for forcing more exploration but then that cancels the effect of a treasure room which they want. So then the next best thing is a key to open the best box or some kind of mechanic that relates the number of sleeper volumes you've entered to the loot you get at the end or any of the other ideas people are sharing.

Someone has to uninstall Skyrim imo.

Treasure rooms are extremely neccessary, otherwise, there is literally no difference to looting any place, any time, at any stage - the game would be so linear it would be unbelievable. No POI goal, no POI progression, no pathing through POI's to get to 'the end' etc etc

I'm not a fan of dungeon style POI's because they just seem so forced to me... and on me for that matter because they are 99% of the POI's. Jump scares and novelty wears of pretty quickly and then you're left with just a boring "corridor" you know too well that has a "cookie jar" at the end that's too tempting not to jump straight to.

What would be a viable fix? Spreading it around the POI (randomly?) could maybe be a thing with that key thingy mixed in for unlocking the mother-load of the loot.

Archived