stability_glue & Mass is (always) bug or just hardcoded ? !

Life_For_Dead

I started mod 7DTD on my own way since a16 without any special thing with Unity & I already ask it before very some years ago without got a correct answer (people just say that was a bug about world glue) so I will try again:

- Do the game have a hardcoded limit for block about stability_glue/Mass support fall?

Because I think yes it is (or it's really bug), seem like block limit fall is always after the 14th whatever the stability_glue divide by the Mass is superior than 14...

Or maybe I miss something, but what ? !

Picture 01

471870810_stability_glueMass.jpg.28c4a802056e236540c633384e039ff5.jpg

stability_glue     Mass     s_g/M fall limit

300                     10          30 (14 in game)

200                     10          20 (14 in game)

300                     20          15 (14 in game)

200                     20          10 (9 in game)

500                     10          50 (14 in game)

(& for a gameplay with a existant save, it's very weird, need to start a new game or delete all region files to active the change in materials.xml because existant block don't be reload with news value like in my Picture 01, all bridge with number 14 don't fall)

You can try by build a simple bridge like in my Picture 02 with BridgeMetalRivetBlock who have stability_glue=400 Mass=10 & I always did to know the limit fall by 400/10= 40 & -2 for security so 38 max before fall but in game, it's not 40 or 38 or 20, but 28 in game... In end, if I pass out the bridge to 29, that will fall in the middle, so at 14th block...

Picture 02

1783799031_stability_glueMass2.jpg.4da56aa8a37438895f153e13c2d285e0.jpg

(& of course, there are not cave/hole underground)

A other little thing about "Please be aware that a wipe of previous Save Data and Generated Worlds is recommended for b180."

I don't use it but PREGEN01/02/03 from a19 stable, are always from... b151... So why dev don't update it but ask us to restard from zero???

Yes there's a hardcoded 14 block limit and you can't change it. The last thing I'm a little confused about with your wording, but save wipes are recommended because of various updates to blocks, progression and etc., which will/can cause issues when continuing a saved game and doesn't have anything to do with pregens in particular.

15 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Yes there's a hardcoded 14 block limit and you can't change it. The last thing I'm a little confused about with your wording, but save wipes are recommended because of various updates to blocks, progression and etc., which will/can cause issues when continuing a saved game and doesn't have anything to do with pregens in particular.

Yes but, they said exactly "Generated Worlds" so must "delete" all old world from lower version & so both 3 pregen too because they wasn't made with gen from a19 stable & because after b151 they fix worldgen about the crach of the road who go end nowhere like one old previous version before a18...

Archived