Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FridayPie

FridayPie

On 9/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, Slaasher said:

Naw, The people who have a gripe and  come to these forums are finding common ground on this issue with others but I think the majority of folks who never visit the forums are perfectly happy with it.

To my understanding, the game has never been more popular as far as player count goes, right now

A groundless statement. First, to visit forum one should be approved on forum (manually , apparently). I spent 5 years waiting for my account application to be approved (and about two dozen attempts). Second, not all of them English speaking or kind that bother with saying anything. TO be honest, personally (emphasis, personallY) I don't know anyone who doesn't despise new loot system when playing online, and that probably about a hundred of people in two communities. It's not designed for it.

Loot is also source of money, because everything else  is meager at sell cost.Stone tools cannot be sold of course. Even buried supplies quest rn. is waste of time until you get GS about 5 (that means, somehow one should kill about hundred of zeds if game wasn't modified).WIth 4k map that got 8 traders and 50-100 active players (not on same time, but coming at different time), it becomes sad grind of trying to get some loot from POI full of green glowing zombies as player of level one. WHich not impossible, and in a way is thrilling. Like running away from store after shoplifting while thick green cops are on your tail.  Now one cannot get loot too.

I agree that getting tier 3 at lvl. 1 is game breaking but again, have to resort to that by begging other players. Or to get food. Because they all own the map and map progresses with them. Imho, skill level should affect tier available, not GS. I.e. you can't recognize a particular pile of scrap you see as a partially disassembled assault rifle if you don't know what an assault rifle looks like.

Because  there comes another stupidity.. I prowl for hours with 6 blunderbusses and bow to sneak-attack and opportunity kill  zombies one by one, until I reach 200-300 kill-count. It's not Z survival, it's a Hitman game now. A green biker (and occasional normal one) may end me in two hits, no running possible, etc. Now I can get some weapon parts and put points into skill for parts I've found. Maybe. One of my toons have zero skills at all in combat, just engineering (but not into turrets, they are broken)/bartering/looting, and bathes in violet gear only because he got 1 death and 4k kills. Boring, tedious,  constantly in red by food because food is drained  on low levels faster than fuel from 4x4 tank and loot doesn't contain food until ~GS 10-20.

FridayPie

FridayPie

Naw, The people who have a gripe and  come to these forums are finding common ground on this issue with others but I think the majority of folks who never visit the forums are perfectly happy with it.

To my understanding, the game has never been more popular as far as player count goes, right now

A groundless statement. First, to visit forum one should be approved on forum (manually , apparently). I spent 5 years waiting for my account application to be approved (and about two dozen attempts). Second, not all of them English speaking or kind that bother with saying anything. TO be honest, personally (emphasis, personallY) I don't know anyone who doesn't despise new loot system when playing online, and that probably about a hundred of people in two communities. It's not designed for it.

Loot is also source of money, because everything else  is meager at sell cost.Stone tools cannot be sold of course. Even buried supplies quest rn. is waste of time until you get GS about 5 (that means, somehow one should kill about hundred of zeds if game wasn't modified).WIth 4k map that got 8 traders and 50-100 active players (not on same time, but coming at different time), it becomes sad grind of trying to get some loot from POI full of green glowing zombies as player one. Now one cannot get loot too.

I agree that getting tier 3 at lvl. 1 is game breaking but again, have to resort to that by begging other players. Or to get food. Because they all own the map and map progresses with them. Imho, skill level should affect tier available, not GS. I.e. you can't recognize a particular pile of scrap you see as a partially disassembled assault rifle if you don't know what an assault rifle looks like.

Because  there comes another stupidity.. I prowl for hours with 6 blunderbusses and bow to sneak-attack and opportunity kill  zombies one by one, until I reach 200-300 kill-count. It's not Z survival, it's a Hitman game now. A green biker (and occasional normal one) may end me in two hits, no running possible, etc. Now I can get some weapon parts and put points into skill for parts I've found. Maybe. One of my toons have zero skills at all in combat, just engineering (but not into turrets, they are broken)/bartering/looting, and bathes in violet gear only because he got 1 death and 4k kills. Boring, tedious,  constantly in red by food because food is drained  on low levels faster than fuel from 4x4 tank and loot doesn't contain food until ~GS 10-20.

FridayPie

FridayPie

Loot is also source of money, because everything else  is meager at sell cost.Stone tools cannot be sold of course. Even buried supplies quest rn. is waste of time until you get GS about 5 (that means, somehow one should kill about hundred of zeds if game wasn't modified).WIth 4k map that got 8 traders and 50-100 active players (not on same time, but coming at different time), it becomes sad grind of trying to get some loot from POI full of green glowing zombies as player one. Now one cannot get loot too.

Because  there comes another stupidity.. I prowl for hours with 6 blunderbusses and bow to sneak-attack and opportunity kill  zombies one by one, until I reach 200-300 kill-count. It's not Z survival, it's a Hitman game now. A green biker (and occasional normal one) may end me in two hits, no running possible, etc. Now I can get some weapon parts and put points into skill for parts I've found. Maybe. One of my toons have zero skills at all in combat, just crafting, and bathes inviolet gear only because he got 1 death and 4k kills. Boring, tedious,  constantly in red by food because food is drained  on low levels faster than fuel from 4x4 tank and loot doesn't contain food until ~GS 10-20.

FridayPie

FridayPie

Because  there comes another stupidity.. I prowl for hours with 6 blunderbusses and bow to sneak-attack and opportunity kill  zombies one by one, until I reach 200-300 kill-count. It's not Z survival, it's a Hitman game now. A green biker (and occasional normal one) may end me in two hits, no running possible, etc. Now I can get some weapon parts and put points into skill for parts I've found. Boring, tedious,  constantly in red by food because food is drained  on low levels faster than fuel from 4x4 tank and loot doesn't contain food until ~GS 10-20.