Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FridayPie

FridayPie

On 8/30/2020 at 10:35 PM, Morloc said:

In my current game I'm over level 100, and all three of my primary tools are still blue. I only recently upgraded a blue bow (the regular one) I was using. I still have blue armor pieces. It's been a long long time since I dragged a playthrough this many days. I'm actually using electricity and building large structures etc. I didn't like being forced to deal with the horde; but now, I'm okay with it. As 7d2d sees more balance (it swings back and forth), we get scraped up out of our old stagnant comfort zones.

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS, before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points and delegate time in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

1. only strength and hp matters. You need farming, boomstick (for early on,blunderbuss and shotgun), automatic weapons, some lucky looter early on

2. Light armor and pain tolerance Stealth. You don't need Pack Rat. You can get all those slots by pockets.

3. If you get good crossbow , aim at archery. Most of kills would be stealth ones. Easy Gs early on, at 20-30 lvls you will get all gear up to tier 3.

4. Now may focus at barter  and combat support skills. 

5. Mining is last priority. Most of mats you need you harvest or buy, especially in MP where resources are literally unlimited.

Essentially loot system forces player to fall into this pattern,  any step aside is punishable by reduced effectiveness and boredom, jumping in place considered attempt to fly and cheat :P 

Average kill / death  count in PVE: ~4500/1. Usually you'll have 2-3 deaths early because of random biker charge, stray feral from other high level player, starving. Someone else I know had 12000/0 after playing a week, using same pattern. It becomes boring for different reason, nothing that game throws at us can kill us in 1 to 1 combat, even a demolisher. Heck , I killed one in melee.

FridayPie

FridayPie

In my current game I'm over level 100, and all three of my primary tools are still blue. I only recently upgraded a blue bow (the regular one) I was using. I still have blue armor pieces. It's been a long long time since I dragged a playthrough this many days. I'm actually using electricity and building large structures etc. I didn't like being forced to deal with the horde; but now, I'm okay with it. As 7d2d sees more balance (it swings back and forth), we get scraped up out of our old stagnant comfort zones.

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS, before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points and delegate time in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

1. only strength and hp matters. You need farming, boomstick (for early on,blunderbuss and shotgun), automatic weapons, some lucky looter early on

2. Light armor and pain tolerance Stealth. You don't need Pack Rat. You can get all those slots by pockets.

3. If you get good crossbow , aim at archery. Most of kills would be stealth ones. Easy Gs early on, at 20-30 lvls you will get all gear up to tier 3.

5. Mining is last priority. Most of mats you need you harvest or buy, especially in MP where resources are literally unlimited.

Essentially loot system forces player to fall into this pattern,  any step aside is punishable by reduced effectiveness and boredom, jumping in place considered attempt to fly and cheat :P 

Average kill / death  count in PVE: ~4500/1. Usually you'll have 2-3 deaths early because of random biker charge, stray feral from other high level player, starving. Someone else I know had 12000/0 after playing a week, using same pattern.

FridayPie

FridayPie

FridayPie

FridayPie

Essentially loot system forces player to fall into this pattern,  any step aside is punishable by reduced effectiveness, jumping in place considered attempt to fly and cheat :P 

FridayPie

FridayPie

Fantastic loot.... like a +1 Musket!? 😋

I'm a pretty ancient veteran player and I don't despise the current loot system. I like it quite a bit!

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points and delegate time in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

SO:

2. Light armor and pain tolerance Stealth.

3. If you get good crossbow , aim at archery. Most of kills would be stealth ones. Easy Gs early on, at 20-30lvls you will get all geat up to tier 3.

Essentially loot system forces player to fall into this pattern,  any step aside is punishable by reduced effectiveness, jumping in place considered attempt to fly and cheat :P 

FridayPie

FridayPie

I'm a pretty ancient veteran player and I don't despise the current loot system. I like it quite a bit!

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points and delegate time in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

FridayPie

FridayPie

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill of stealth count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points and delegate time in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

FridayPie

FridayPie

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server (vanilla aside from admin modlets) I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only looted. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill of stealth count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of ammo. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time, to branch into mining and crafting forces to spread points in way that game stops favoring you. My base is only  small patch of farm to make me food. You need kill count, period. SO you need stealth and firepower.

FridayPie

FridayPie

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices, perhaps there is also some odd seed\chaos source used for RNG. Currently on one server I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only loot. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. But I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill of stealth count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of amm. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time forces to spread points in way that game stops favoring you.

FridayPie

FridayPie

-Morloc

IT actually very predetermined by your character choices. Currently on one server I'm level 80. I didn't bought anything , only loot. It's a 12th A19 playthrough. But I started purely in combat and played system so that I became nearly unbeatable at level 60, using assault rifle and shotgun.  I can't even craft much beyond basic materials, vehicle from recipes. I can craft weapons only at level 3, but high base stat and high kill of stealth count mandates me to swim in  level 6 gear. Lucky looter doesn't do a thing at all. Loot system had shown reaction to stats and GS< before it just drops lots of amm. But it's the only way to do that. Trying to build at same time forces to spread points in way that game stops favoring you.