Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Morloc

Morloc

On 8/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, Roland said:

you will get better than blunderbusses for loot. 

Fantastic loot.... like a +1 Musket!? 😋

On 8/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, iamnuff said:

Who the hell is crafting these caveman tools and then leaving them around in sealed crates? 

It's a game balance/pacing thing. I overcome any immersion-breaking by imagining that these are not so much actual sticks-and-stones constructs I'm finding as much as really, really damaged/dull/broken gear. Equipment sitting in crates (even ones with the lids still nailed on) is going to see water/fire/critter damage in many/most cases. Why does it magically get better later on?...you've learned to ignore piles of crap that are too far gone. You've learned how to make lemonade out of the lemons you do find....a little TLC and that iron ax you found can be sharpened and functioning as an orange iron ax instead of (the equivalent of) a yellow stone ax. You're also more keen-eyed, and may find things you would have missed when you were a neophyte of the apocalypse (e.g. a salvageable hunting knife stuck in layers of desiccated packing foam that you would have discarded...).

Don't take things too literally. The crate you see may be a representation of a pile of crates...scores of them. This is like when you find a town/city, there's only 23 buildings. Of course there are more buildings in a real town, but in the 7d2d world, the developers can't make 12,000 piles of rubble in various degrees of disrepair. What we see is ultimately the "interesting stuff". You end up using your best adventurer-judgement and poking through the what you believe (at the time) is most promising.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Scyris said:

if you look around people in general DISPISE the new loot system in a19, so that should tell them something.

I'm a pretty ancient veteran player and I don't despise the current loot system. I like it quite a bit!
In my current game I'm over level 100, and all three of my primary tools are still blue. I only recently upgraded a blue bow (the regular one) I was using. I still have blue armor pieces. It's been a long long time since I dragged a playthrough this many days. I'm actually using electricity and building large structures etc. I didn't like being forced to deal with the horde; but now, I'm okay with it. As 7d2d sees more balance (it swings back and forth), we get scraped up out of our old stagnant comfort zones.

-Morloc

Morloc

Morloc

On 8/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, Roland said:

you will get better than blunderbusses for loot. 

Fantastic loot.... like a +1 Musket!? 😋

On 8/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, iamnuff said:

Who the hell is crafting these caveman tools and then leaving them around in sealed crates? 

It's a game balance/pacing thing. I overcome any immersion-breaking by imagining that these are not so much actual sticks-and-stones constructs I'm finding as really, really damaged/dull/broken gear. Equipment sitting in crates (even ones with the lids still nailed on) is going to see water/fire/critter damage in many/most cases. Why does it magically get better later on?...you've learned to ignore piles of crap that are too far gone. You've learned how to make lemonade out of the lemons you do find....a little TLC and that iron ax you found can be sharpened and functioning as an orange iron ax instead of (the equivalent of) a yellow stone ax. You're also more keen-eyed, and may find things you would have missed when you were a neophyte of the apocalypse (e.g. a salvageable hunting knife stuck in layers of desiccated packing foam that you would have discarded...).

Don't take things too literally. The crate you see may be a representation of a pile of crates...scores of them. This is like when you find a town/city, there's only 23 buildings. Of course there are more buildings in a real town, but in the 7d2d world, the developers can't make 12,000 piles of rubble in various degrees of disrepair. What we see is ultimately the "interesting stuff". You end up using your best adventurer-judgement and poking through the what you believe (at the time) is most promising.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Scyris said:

if you look around people in general DISPISE the new loot system in a19, so that should tell them something.

I'm a pretty ancient veteran player and I don't despise the current loot system. I like it quite a bit!
In my current game I'm over level 100, and all three of my primary tools are still blue. I only recently upgraded a blue bow (the regular one) I was using. I still have blue armor pieces. It's been a long long time since I dragged a playthrough this many days. I'm actually using electricity and building large structures etc. I didn't like being forced to deal with the horde; but now, I'm okay with it. As 7d2d sees more balance (it swings back and forth), we get scraped up out of our old stagnant comfort zones.

-Morloc