Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Stranded_Napkin

Stranded_Napkin

On 8/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, seagas said:

So who is looting high level boxes so early on? I don't open large safes or valuable crates until I get above GS 40. There is still valuable loot, trader quests and items to buy from traders. I found a level 1 toilet pistol, bought 3 level M16 and a motorcycle all by day 8.  Still using box, blunderbuss and sawed off shotgun for looting and hoard mights, enjoying the challenge this brings to the game.

Buying sh*t from the trader is a different system in the game. You aren't looting when buying from the trader. Who cares what you bought from the trader? This discussion is about searching the world a finding useless stuff.

I like the excitement of searching for loot. It was the element of expectant surprise that kept me looting. Their new system killed that. The trader helps blunt this disappointment but it doesn't make it entirely better. I modded paintings, posters, and some cosmetic type blocks to be picked up and have value. Even with that it can be a grind to get enough to buy those nice tools and weapons. If it did hit beta, this also seems close to their final iteration. If anything has convinced me why pc is and always will be better than console is this. Mods aren't a small perk, they are an absolute must.

Stranded_Napkin

Stranded_Napkin

On 8/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, seagas said:

So who is looting high level boxes so early on? I don't open large safes or valuable crates until I get above GS 40. There is still valuable loot, trader quests and items to buy from traders. I found a level 1 toilet pistol, bought 3 level M16 and a motorcycle all by day 8.  Still using box, blunderbuss and sawed off shotgun for looting and hoard mights, enjoying the challenge this brings to the game.

Buying sh*t from the trader is a different system in the game. You aren't looting when buying from the trader. Who cares what you bought from the trader? This discussion is about searching the world a finding useless stuff.