Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

Thanks for the feedback Tengu,

We are actively looking at making all vehicles fit in more over the course of the next updates .... adding new vehicles and re texturing some with a rustic look .

WWE26AOl.png

HZi29OU.png

M46LWM3l.jpgQM7CUxfl.jpg

As for the looting of vehicles that is still completely 'vanilla' so follows the Fun Pimps amounts in everyway , no alterations were made to that side of loot apart from adding extra loot container for Ambulance and Miltary / Police loot,  will look at vanilla loot in vehicles regarding ammo amounts , yeah sure you may find some but vanilla is always OTT on ammo.

Spawning was something we need feedback on and so far had some useful feedback on amounts of vehicles spawning ..... thanks for yours :)

Scale of vehicles is being reviewed and always difficult to get right lol ...  Unity sets the size of the gameobject , you can alter scale in XML but there are consequences ..... the player size on exit is affected ... and strange things happen lol ... below is a mini Chevy ...on exit player arms changed size .

A3dFXYEm.jpg

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

On 10/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

The UI icons are in the mod in UIAtlas but the xml for nav objects is not ... we feel it spoils emmersion when vehicles spawn thats the reason the xml is not included.

If you really really really want them to show up then place the attached nav_objects.xml into the mods config folder ...... then go into entityclasses.xml and uncomment the bottom line on each vehicle entity by removing the <--- and --> from the line statement

Icons.png.59e0fa00faafb818272e9917e00ecb97.png

nav_objects.xml 9.18 kB · 0 downloads

or remember where you parked :) ...

Regards

Ragsy!!

I will try it out when I get back home from work. 

It could take me ages to find the right line and file to make it works.

Thank you so much for hint and prompt response! Much appreciate it :)

7 hours ago, raxell said:

Hi! thanks for your work, i like this mod.

But it is impossible for me to find "vanilla engines". I only have found 1 after looking at almost 100 cars.

My favorite vehicle is the quad!

Because this is how it should be, if you need an engine for something else, then you can make a conversion recipe. It's so hard to be an independent person...

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

4 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Because this is how it should be, if you need an engine for something else, then you can make a conversion recipe. It's so hard to be an independent person...

"Conversion recipe"? What does it mean?

How can i get "vanilla engines" to craft cement mixer, electricity,...?

19 minutes ago, CrazyAluminum said:

I mean that you need to create that recipe in recipes.xml in the mod folder

Aaah ok ok. That means with this mod i not going to find vanilla engines without editing XML?. I am new with this.

My feedback about VM. I love this mod, great work, congrat guys!! Thanksss a lot!!

1- Scarcity of vanilla engines ;D

2- Too many working vehicle spawns. I have 6 vehicles in my base. I don't need to craft any and it is difficult to break one. I would do: more damage and less working vehicle spawns

We have the loggin bug where some vehicles appears bouncing and not in the exact same position. We are not in debbug mode. I have noticed, always occurs in the same vehicle (old white car, between the red one and the purple one in your main picture)

Edited by raxell (see edit history)

I've been playing the mod for about an in game month (a few blood moons in for sure) and thought I could give some feedback. I've read through the thread and see some things have been said already but I am gonna go through it all anyways.

First off thanks for the mod. It is sweet. The depth alone is worth it but to be able to salvage parts and build a variety of vehicles is just amazing. This is certainly going to be a standard on most of my games.

That brings me to probably the biggest issue I've been having and it's a simple balancing issue. With the addition of so many new parts you haven't adjusted the storage capacity accordingly. A stock motorcycle has a significant amount more storage than vehicles I can make through the mod. When you factor in (and I'm guessing here) say 10 new parts we need to collect but give us vehicles with less storage space than normal you can see where it causes a bottleneck. I've also noticed gas isn't as plentiful (or maybe I'm just unlucky) yet we are required to make more trips because of the limited space. All these things play off of one another and in my humble opinion just need a little tweaking. I tried to do it myself but I've not modded much so now I'm complaining to you. :D

Another sort of bottle neck I noticed was the Auto Workbench. In order to craft it Unless I'm mistaken I have to get lucky enough to find 3 parts that can't be crafted? I have to build a workbench to be able to craft the auto workbench. That costs 1 hammer (random find early game), 25 forged iron, 20 mechanical parts, 1 wrench (random find early game), 50 wood. Once we have the workbench we build the auto workbench costing 1 hammer (random find early game), 1 ratchet set (random find), 1 compressor tool (random find), the workbench we just built, and a car lift. The car lift costs 5 mechanical parts, 5 electrical parts, 1 compressor tool (random find), 50 forged iron, and 20 forged steel.

Whew, I hope I got all that right. It seems like there are so many gates to getting to a car, some being reliant on rng that it's overly tedious and very costly. In all honesty (and shame) I ended up spawning in the compressors cause I just couldn't find them even though I have 2 storage boxes full of car parts and everything else.

On the positive side I thought I would experience a significant performance hit but that didn't happen. Seems to run about the same as vanilla.

I can't wait to see where you guys take this. I haven't even added bdubs vehicles yet (was thrilled to see they are compatible and I hope you guys can make them like the others, assembly required) so I still have many hours to get out of your hard work and I sincerely thank you guys for it.

I will keep playing and keep gathering feedback...like the slow seeming vehicles so till next time, stay saucy!

I'm not sure what the guys have in the plans for future development so I'm just spitballing here...

Just going by the original vision, the gas shortage and difficulty to build were an intentional balance to the amount of cars you could find... The idea was, yes there's a lot of cars, but repairing and gassing them was the balance/challenge.

Now, the issue is, vanilla.  Removing the (easier) vanilla vehicle system as well as disallowing other vehicle packs *should* make it a bit more balanced, but each player decides that. 

35 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Just going by the original vision, the gas shortage and difficulty to build were an intentional balance to the amount of cars you could find... The idea was, yes there's a lot of cars, but repairing and gassing them was the balance/challenge.

I can see that and I am all for making the game harder. While I have been struggling for gas in my game (ive disassembled all the cars in my area) I can see that once that runs out I am going to be in trouble. It's just so many trips to get to places and back with such little storage. Add in what seems like slower vehicles and your drive time is also increased which uses more gas. I'll have to play a bit longer to really see how it goes. That is just my opinion though, I'll play the mod regardless.

I guess my bigger issue is the amount of materials to make a bench that requires so many rng blessings. These things all tie in together though so I listed them all. It seems like it needs a once over on the balancing but again, just humble opinions. I've come to realize lately without modders I wouldn't be playing much anymore and the best way to give back to them is to test their creations and give feedback.

Side note: love the buggy you made Guppycur. That thing really adds some bad assness to the game.

unable to use this mod :( its not compatible with the server tools !
i drop a car out of my bag and place it on the street, filled it up with gas and enter it i get banned from my server for 50 years !

i tried it with 4 different vehicles and got banned every time :(

iam playing V19.2 (B4) on a private server - EAC is of ! Mod is installed on server and client.

output.log entry
"2020-10-26T09:46:07 245.971 INF [SERVERTOOLS] Detected erroneous data NetPackageEntityStatsBuff uploaded by steam id xxxx, owner id xxxx, entity id xxx name Shemasheko. Attempted modifying their entity id to 4120
2020-10-26T09:46:07 245.973 INF Executing command 'ban add -xxxx- 50 years ""'
2020-10-26T09:46:07 245.977 INF Kicking player (Banned until: 2070-10-26 09:46:07): EntityID=171, PlayerID='-xxxx-', OwnerID='-xxxx-', PlayerName='Shemasheko' NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ServerTools.Packages.Ban (ClientInfo _cInfo) [0x00071] in <ecdea0e560bd4bb6b22e56a1311e4835>:0 
  at ServerTools.PackageEntityStatsBuff.PackageEntityStatsBuff_ProcessPackage_Prefix (NetPackageEntityStatsBuff __instance, World _world) [0x00093] in <ecdea0e560bd4bb6b22e56a1311e4835>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) NetPackageEntityStatsBuff.NetPackageEntityStatsBuff.ProcessPackage_Patch1(NetPackageEntityStatsBuff,World,INetConnectionCallbacks)
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <2a506ca37a4c4916bbc3a64b89a45697>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <2a506ca37a4c4916bbc3a64b89a45697>:0 

(Filename: <ecdea0e560bd4bb6b22e56a1311e4835> Line: 0)"

Edited by Shemasheko
added outtput log (see edit history)

Stop! 
iam unable to edit the first post so i write it here:
there is a problem in the server tools ! you'll be kicked if you use admin commands even when you are set as admin in the serveradmin.xml.
the servertools got an update this morning so i think there is something wrong with this brand new update.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:13 PM, Shemasheko said:

Stop! 
iam unable to edit the first post so i write it here:
there is a problem in the server tools ! you'll be kicked if you use admin commands even when you are set as admin in the serveradmin.xml.
the servertools got an update this morning so i think there is something wrong with this brand new update.

I just upload VM folder and it works perfectly

On 10/23/2020 at 1:32 AM, CynicalGamer said:

...While I have been struggling for gas in my game (ive disassembled all the cars in my area) I can see that once that runs out I am going to be in trouble...

Why dont you craft your own gas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 11:34 PM, CynicalGamer said:

I've been playing the mod for about an in game month (a few blood moons in for sure) and thought I could give some feedback. I've read through the thread and see some things have been said already but I am gonna go through it all anyways.

First off thanks for the mod. It is sweet. The depth alone is worth it but to be able to salvage parts and build a variety of vehicles is just amazing. This is certainly going to be a standard on most of my games.

That brings me to probably the biggest issue I've been having and it's a simple balancing issue. With the addition of so many new parts you haven't adjusted the storage capacity accordingly. A stock motorcycle has a significant amount more storage than vehicles I can make through the mod. When you factor in (and I'm guessing here) say 10 new parts we need to collect but give us vehicles with less storage space than normal you can see where it causes a bottleneck. I've also noticed gas isn't as plentiful (or maybe I'm just unlucky) yet we are required to make more trips because of the limited space. All these things play off of one another and in my humble opinion just need a little tweaking. I tried to do it myself but I've not modded much so now I'm complaining to you. :D

Another sort of bottle neck I noticed was the Auto Workbench. In order to craft it Unless I'm mistaken I have to get lucky enough to find 3 parts that can't be crafted? I have to build a workbench to be able to craft the auto workbench. That costs 1 hammer (random find early game), 25 forged iron, 20 mechanical parts, 1 wrench (random find early game), 50 wood. Once we have the workbench we build the auto workbench costing 1 hammer (random find early game), 1 ratchet set (random find), 1 compressor tool (random find), the workbench we just built, and a car lift. The car lift costs 5 mechanical parts, 5 electrical parts, 1 compressor tool (random find), 50 forged iron, and 20 forged steel.

Whew, I hope I got all that right. It seems like there are so many gates to getting to a car, some being reliant on rng that it's overly tedious and very costly. In all honesty (and shame) I ended up spawning in the compressors cause I just couldn't find them even though I have 2 storage boxes full of car parts and everything else.

On the positive side I thought I would experience a significant performance hit but that didn't happen. Seems to run about the same as vanilla.

I can't wait to see where you guys take this. I haven't even added bdubs vehicles yet (was thrilled to see they are compatible and I hope you guys can make them like the others, assembly required) so I still have many hours to get out of your hard work and I sincerely thank you guys for it.

I will keep playing and keep gathering feedback...like the slow seeming vehicles so till next time, stay saucy!

Great feedback much appreciated ...  sorry for late reply been offline for 3 weeks  :( .

What we can do in next update regarding the auto workbench is add a recipe for making a compressor and up the chances in loot for ratchet set ...... i like the idea that Crazy Alumininum posted regrding being able to make a standard engine from say two damaged VM versions and will add that in next update as you need these also for generators and at present the only place you can find them is in rare vehicle loot and even more rare in vehicles and motorcycle chassis.  

Storage capacity in vehicles is to be looked at in next update so hopefully that will help....  Vehicle speed can be reviewed but the idea is too not have certain vehicles out perform the others and give incentive to go say for the meaty vehicles such and the Cobra Mustang or fastback stuff.  Big vehicles like the trucks are intentionally slower as they would be in real life .

Gas is intentionally reduced as Guppycur stated to balance things out and encourage making your own and make it so that finding a vehicle early on in the game means you have to factor in that you have to find gas for the first refill.  

regards

Ragsy !!

On 10/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, raxell said:

Aaah ok ok. That means with this mod i not going to find vanilla engines without editing XML?. I am new with this.

My feedback about VM. I love this mod, great work, congrat guys!! Thanksss a lot!!

1- Scarcity of vanilla engines ;D

2- Too many working vehicle spawns. I have 6 vehicles in my base. I don't need to craft any and it is difficult to break one. I would do: more damage and less working vehicle spawns

We have the loggin bug where some vehicles appears bouncing and not in the exact same position. We are not in debbug mode. I have noticed, always occurs in the same vehicle (old white car, between the red one and the purple one in your main picture)

See above on the reply for engines .... thanks for the feedback , spawning was an area that we needed more feedback on and is difficult to balance .... as for MP servers needs a few more spawns but on single player you could be in one area a long time before venturing out to find other stuff but will reduce spawns for next version.   The 'bounce in' is an odd one but will take a look at the rusty white sedan car as it has been mentioned before somewhere and the Miltary Truck can bounce when loggin in to game again .. not entirely sure why at the moment but will look to improve that.

The vehicles do not get so much damage as the first version of VM this is due to the vehicle hit scales being changed to damage things (wood) on impact , the vehicles will be adjusted to compensate for this in the next update as you are right it is harder now to damage them ...

Zombies will damage vehicles rapidly and i have been playing with a method that makes zombies move towards vehicles more when player is in them .... which may make horde night interesting if you jump in a vehicle lol.

Regards

Ragsy !!

I've been sticking with my play through, I am somewhere around lvl 60 and near 100 game stage (have to verify but it's up there). I think Guppy was right on the gas situation. I really struggled in the beginning and if I had more than one person someone would have been walking but the beginning is supposed to be tough. Part of it was dependent on rwg as I couldn't find a desert anywhere and could only buy so much from the traders. I have enough gas now I can stay somewhere around 1/2 tank but I was always having to stop and wrench everything whereas now I can produce my own and it's been no problem. So I was off on that one. I like the struggle.

I have to date only found 3 compressors but a TON of ratchet sets. The idea of making them craft items is a good one and would help remove some of the dependency on rng.

In one of my poi's (using compopack and nitro) I found 3 cargo vans. I have also found 3 taxi cabs, a box truck, and a cop car. Pretty crazy, but there should be working cars and I have put in hour and hours but it would be nice to have some variety. I don't even use any of them since guppy's buggy is so freaking amazing. They also ALL had full gas tanks. Not sure if you can randomize that but empty would be the next best thing.

The speed is not as much an issue once you get used to it so I guess I was off on that one as well. Admittedly I haven't tried all the vehicles but the ones I have could use some tweaking. For instance the buggy. The buggy is slow, it has @%$# for storage so it needs something to make it stand out. I don't know how configurable the cars are but it seems the buggy should have insane climbing abilities (it does not). These are the types of vehicles made for climbing dunes, large hills, off road tracks, etc. It should climb like a monkey and that would give it a "stand out" quality. I've had to stop on steep hills a few times to unpack it and pick it up. I could see that in other vehicles. Hehe, I got my cargo van stuck in a rut and ended up just abandoning it to the zeds. It wasn't going anywhere and I had it full so I couldn't move it. I also don't like picking up vehicles so I tend to rp that part.

The only real weird issue I've come across so far is when tearing down one of the custom cars. Sorry I don't have a pic or know the exact one but I can get that info if you need. But as you are tearing down the car there is something inside that flickers up and down really fast. It doesn't change anything it's just weird. I assumed you guys probably know about it but figured I'd throw it out there.

I'll keep going and keep looking for issues (need to try some new cars) but as I've said before this mod is pretty damn sweet and adds a nice level of depth to the game.

I hope this info helps.

Edited by CynicalGamer (see edit history)

On 11/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, CynicalGamer said:

Forgot to add when breaking down the motorcycle the second stage shows up (usually floats) and can't be interacted with. It just sits there taunting me.

I have fixed the motorcycle error for the next update, tweaked the spawning rates, added some new vehicles and so on ..... realistically the next beta version will be out in January 2021 unless I get more free time , recently Actinium has just started a new job also so his time is limited on the overhaul at present as well.

regards

Ragsy !!

On 11/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, CynicalGamer said:

No worries Ragsy, I will be here to keep testing when you guys move forward. I'm about to retire my current game anyways so when you put a new version out I will start a fresh game. Until then I will go find some other modder to annoy. :D

I appreciate all the feedback and the time you have taken to play the overhaul so no problem there my friend :)

Ragsy!!

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21