Ragsy 2145

Vehicle Madness Mod

Posted (edited)

Vehicle Madness Version 3  Beta 1.1

FTy4i26.jpg

Guppycur's awesome original concept for Vehicle Madness returns to 7 Days to Die in A19,  Guppy handed over the reigns of the project to me to rework and develop further the visions we have for vehicles in the game.  This is a ongoing project and I am glad to say that ActiniumTiger has actively joined the 'pit crew' and has already done some great work with the mod as well as bringing along some good ideas into the mix that we are looking to implement in the next version. 

Features 26 vehicles ( all with overhauled unity vehicle physics and updated  to linear lighting).

Revamped the vehicle harvesting system ( Balancing feedback required ) .

Updated the custom vehicles build system.

A brand new custom vehicle spawner ,  so no more double or triple spawned vehicles and vehicle piles.

( Custom code was written by HaidrGna  and we adapted it for Vehicle Madness with his kind permission)

Added more vehicles to the craftable options for now.

About Vehicle Madness
For those that have not played the mod before ..... This mod will NOT let you build the 'custom vehicles' in the vanilla style...however you can still build vanilla vehicles in the usual way as all vanilla parts are still available in world.  You will come across a variety of vehicles in the world, from firetrucks to humvee's to police cars to sedans and a few old rusted vehicles.  You can only HOPE they are running. if not, you'll be forced to loot them to find salvageable parts, such as:

Transmission (and damaged version)
Engine (and
damaged version)
Seats (and
damaged versions)
Carburetor (and
damaged version)
Battery (and
damaged version)
Alternator (and
damaged version)
Chassis (and
damaged version)
Body parts (
doors, hood, trunk and Fender and bumper)
Full
Vehicle Madness Style Wheels
Wheel Rims

We have adopted a system where 2x Damaged Parts go towards making 1 good working part along with other smaller items in the recipes.

Tires that you find on the ground? They can be picked up! But, they are NOT WHEELS. You must find a wheel rim , these can be obtained by salvaging the vehicles in the world  (you may be lucky and get full wheels and a wheel rim during salvage), or you can make a fully functional wheel by adding tire and wheel rim and using the air compressor tool in the Auto-Workbench.   To make the Auto-workbench you need to first be able to craft 'normal workbenches' as you will need one to build the full Auto-workbench along with a compressor an ratchet set (lootable in world) ......you can then, after learning how, assemble the various vehicle parts into the various assemblies to build your custom vehicle.

Car body assembly (requires a fully body kit)
Electrical subsystem assembly
Car engine assembly
Car Body Kit
Vehicle Madness wheels

Then Build your chosen custom vehicle from the selection available.
** Vanilla vehicles can be crafted using the existing parts as before on a normal workbench so we have left in vanilla items for now but they will not fit the custom vehicles system **

You can only  use the cool stuff like firetrucks, police car , military car and 5 ton military truck by finding driveable versions!

Gas will be at a premium and minimal drops from vehicles means you may have to raid gas stations or make your own.

More to come.....
New things are planned along the way , such as a new tire fitting station and car lift system and possibly adding more parts to to the salvage options but not too much to make it a chore to do it.

We will be adding more vehicles options for your post apocaliptic driving pleasures.

A Dedicated POI for Automotive Repairs

Looking at a new system to spawn in broken vehicle with no gas that needs fueling to get back to workshop for full repair (early stage development).

Changing the engine sounds along the way.

Looking to adapt and add my fuel siphon modlet that i developed in A17 for use in Vehicle Madness in A19.

Work on localisation updates.

A few vehicles (Motorcycles and the working Chevy) are missing from the original release and may return or may be replaced with new options.  Guppy's fun shopping cart is now a separate thing and can be found here Guppycur's Modlets

Credits: Guppycur, ActiniumTiger, HaidrGna, Mumpfy, Random Person, bdubyah, Dust2Death

The 'Crew' on Guppy's Modding Discord' for their previous work and input on first version of which I was originally involved in a smaller role and their continuing support on the new version and helping shape the future direction of this mod.

Note:  You are not allowed to extract and alter the assets in this mod in any way, the assets can be used in other mods

that are purely 'non profit'. These assets must not be used in any venture that attempts to make money out of modding

VEHICLE MADNESS 3 BETA1.1 DOWNLOAD LINK

*****  Please Note :  This is an Overhaul in modlet form and is required on both

Client and Server as with other mods that add new assets. *******

A new game save is required as the mod adds a lot of new blocks in the game and changes existing ones too !!

Changelog Beta 1.1 :

1. Added various new wrecks created by bdubyah for the ultimate salvage variation ( There is only 1 vanilla sedan in chain as required by some POI's and all others are now custom).

2. Tweaked some vehicle speeds and camera positions and some storage on the big vehicles

3. Increased amount of wrecks on roads and in biomes to provide more resources.

4. Experimental block damage changes

5. Added Quad to world spawns and reduced spawns very slightly (feedback on this will be required as catering for server vs single player).

6. Added compressor to EMS and Military loot options , increased probabilities in automotive and rare automotive loot as were too rare before.

7. Removed damaged motorcyle part2 from spawn ( will add more motorcycle variant wrecks at some point)

Have Fun
Ragsy and Tiger !!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Update OP and reword (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thank you very much

Youre welcome ...

Stable dropped sooner than i expected lol I was planning on next friday ... so heavy playtesting going on right now and last minute changes afoot :)

Regards

Ragsy !!

• Thanks 1

I see tractor. I wish vehicles could have some special extra functions besides getting you from point A to point B...

Awesome stuff as always, Ragsy!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I see tractor. I wish vehicles could have some special extra functions besides getting you from point A to point B...

Awesome stuff as always, Ragsy!

Never say never ...... maybe we will come up with some ingenious solutions in time :)

Release will be later on Today last minute things and balancing .

Regards

Ragsy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

your releasing it today was waiting on this to be ready to start a new play through awesome cant wait  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Never say never ...... maybe we will come up with some ingenious solutions in time :)

*COUGH* Shooting zombies with water cannons while riding fire truck, causing them fly away and ragdoll when they fall down; using various different attachements for tractors for farming, mining, destroying blocks faster to make room for a new building faster, etc... *COUGH*

You know, I'm not trying to give you a heart attack, I would just like to say that ingenious solutions are always nice. :o

• Haha 2

Even in the uncertainty for the mod, you have to wait what you have to wait, cheer up team.

Posted (edited)

3fLPpwt.jpg

Mod is available for download now ... enjoy !!   link in the OP

Feedback on the Harvesting and spawn balance would be welcome !! 

and yes forgot to say before that the vehicle sounds will get a work over between now and the next Beta version along with the other things we plan to work on stated in the OP.

Have Fun

Ragsy

and Tiger (aka ActiniumTiger)

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

3fLPpwt.jpg

Mod is available for download now ... enjoy !!

Feedback on the Harvesting and spawn balance would be welcome !!   and yes forgot to say before that the vehicle sounds will get a work over between now and the next Beta version along with the other things we plan to work on stated in the OP.

Have Fun

Ragsy

and Tiger (aka ActiniumTiger)

Thank you very much Ragsy and the whole team, to enjoy diogenes and destroy cars, hehe.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, corona9800 said:

LOVE THE MOD great job thanks 

Thanks on behalf of the team ....

I tested bdubyah's vehicles 'all in one' and seems to co-exist ok with Vehicle Madness and thats a bonus so far ... bdubyah's Modlets

Regards

Ragsy !!

Ragsy, I downloaded the mod and I wanted to try it, but I must ask. Will it work with existing save? I would hate to start a new world and go through all the stone age again, it's really tearing me apart because I want this mod badly! 🚗

Posted (edited)
Just now, mr.devolver said:

Ragsy, I downloaded the mod and I wanted to try it, but I must ask. Will it work with existing save? I would hate to start a new world and go through all the stone age again, it's really tearing me apart because I want this mod badly! 🚗

Hi mr.devolver

A new start is required, for adding new blocks.

Just wonderful, great work, love the mod, thanks to everyone involved.

P.S. Ragsy is it normal for wrecked cars to emit white smoke?

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Gouki said:

Hi mr.devolver

Damn. Now we only need a mod that would let the player inherit an old service revolver from his deceased old friend + a bunch of ammo to make the stone age slightly more bearable.

Just now, mr.devolver said:

Damn. Now we only need a mod that would let the player inherit an old service revolver from his deceased old friend + a bunch of ammo to make the stone age slightly more bearable.

Sorry, mr.devolver, to start again, I had to wait all Sunday for the mod to start again and it was worth it.

20 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi mr.devolver

Just wonderful, great work, love the mod, thanks to everyone involved.

P.S. Ragsy is it normal for wrecked cars to emit white smoke?

Yes there are smoking car wrecks ... but we are looking to replace them with more wreck variants in the future, if you do not want the smoking versions you can just comment out the line in blockplaceholders.xml that says

<block name="guppyVehicleBlockSedan1Smoking" prob=".8"/>
<block name="guppyVehicleBlockSedan2OnFire" prob=".8"/>

And start a new save other wrecks will take thier place on the new start ................ Some like them some dont so left them in

Ragsy !!

Just now, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yes there are smoking car wrecks ... but we are looking to replace them with more wreck variants in the future, if you do not want the smoking versions you can just comment out the line in blockplaceholders.xml that says

<block name="guppyVehicleBlockSedan1Smoking" prob=".8"/>
<block name="guppyVehicleBlockSedan2OnFire" prob=".8"/>

And start a new save other wrecks will take thier place on the new start ................ Some like them some dont so left them in

Ragsy !!

So the mod is fine, I only commented on it because I thought it was a bug or some vanilla.
Thanks for the mod, diogenes thanks you.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

hmm...someone could create a custom quest for it....Just need some requirements.

For example....the player has to find pieces to a map where the revolver is buried.  Said pieces of map would need to be somewhere in early game loot...

Or...turn in 5 blunderbuss' at the trader for 1 pistol... :)

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

hmm...someone could create a custom quest for it....Just need some requirements.

For example....the player has to find pieces to a map where the revolver is buried.  Said pieces of map would need to be somewhere in early game loot...

Or...turn in 5 blunderbuss' at the trader for 1 pistol... :)

I don't know. It would have to be something that would get the veterans through the first week of stone age without feeling like they are just wasting time lol

4 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I don't know. It would have to be something that would get the veterans through the first week of stone age without feeling like they are just wasting time lol

I suppose, the game is doing a great job if the veterans can't make it past the first week....LOL.....

....death from boredom....🤣

• Haha 1

Awesome mod, though some of the vehicles feel a bit slow (The box truck in particular). Was that intended? The inventory size of some vehicles seems a bit small, too; But otherwise, loving it so far! Adds a lot more variety and life to the world.