Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

1 hour ago, Jay_ombie said:

Just tipped my toes in to try this mod out,.... together with the combo POI and NITROGEN map generator I now have countless variety in vehicles and everything is looking SO GOOD !

Thanks for your efforts and presenting this for us to use...

The models look consistent in quality, looking worn and torn so don't stick out like odd balls blending very well into the world.. :)

* Found my first drivable vehicle, the Police Car... Love the sounds (they may be a little to high rev) and the handling of the car plus it even has suspension ! 

Thanks for the feedback .... glad to hear it works well with Compo Pack

We are planning to improve all engine sounds and look to replace the base engine (4x4 ) sounds over the next couple of updates ...

Ragsy !!

8 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Ragsy

Many thanks to the entire team for this great new update.
The only bad thing is that you have to start over, but it is up to each person if they update or not.

Regards

Might happen a few more times with restarts in the Beta phases ... but thats normal in overhauls , its hard not produce a meaningful update without changing major systems in the game .   I forgot to mention in the update notes that we also added some experimental vehicle damage changes in beta 1.1.

Regards

Ragsy and Tiger !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Feedback....

So love the new vehicles...

I am noticing, apart from the bike we could do with locational indicators for all the other vehicles we commandeer. I am using the nifty quad bike at the moment (friggin brilliant) and I am increasingly worried I am going to forget where I park this thing.

I have to admit I am not a fan of the new regimental process to build any of these new vehicles. I am thankful you left the old system in as the new one in my mind is just way to cumbersome to even contemplate to attempt. The vanilla vehicle system seems just way more friendly and approachable, plus some vehicles in this mod are already drivable out there so I will never go down the route to attempt too build my own that's a guarantee.

I respect your direction, but I ask you please keep a simple form of this mod optional for those that do not want the added complexity of building and fuelling them.

Thanks ...

2 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Feedback....

So love the new vehicles...

I am noticing, apart from the bike we could do with locational indicators for all the other vehicles we commandeer. I am using the nifty quad bike at the moment (friggin brilliant) and I am increasingly worried I am going to forget where I park this thing.

I have to admit I am not a fan of the new regimental process to build any of these new vehicles. I am thankful you left the old system in as the new one in my mind is just way to cumbersome to even contemplate to attempt. The vanilla vehicle system seems just way more friendly and approachable, plus some vehicles in this mod are already drivable out there so I will never go down the route to attempt too build my own that's a guarantee.

I respect your direction, but I ask you please keep a simple form of this mod optional for those that do not want the added complexity of building and fuelling them.

Thanks ...

Thanks for the feedback.

If you want to implement the UI indicators we have left in the option to do this if thats a user preference,  the path to the UI indicator is commented out at the bottom of the individual vehicle xmls.    We feel that these indicators break emmersion but everyone has thier own preference.

We have gone for a more realistic option to build vehicles in sub assemblies as thats the goal of vehicle madness .... i can tell you now that the vanilla way of building the original vanilla vehicles will stay as it is in the overhaul (keeps it compatible with bdubs great collection ) .... that way if you dont find a vehicle for a while then you can at least build a bicycle or minibike to go off searching the world. 

The broken vehicles spawn system is the plan depending on how that develops along the way and if its still workable in a good way (bear in mind that this may be months and months till that happens )  we can still leave an option to stay as it is and spawn full vehicles at that point.

Then its your choice to rely on finding a working vehicle spawned in the world or salvage them and build your own VM vehicles ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Add more info (see edit history)

I had a weird thing happen where I logged in and found that my van, which had previously been comfortably tucked into a garage...  Was not in the same position I left it when I logged out, causing it to destroy two walls and be stuck in said POI garage.  It had shifted roughly 45 degrees.  (Note: Was private LAN server)

21 minutes ago, LunariusH said:

I had a weird thing happen where I logged in and found that my van, which had previously been comfortably tucked into a garage...  Was not in the same position I left it when I logged out, causing it to destroy two walls and be stuck in said POI garage.  It had shifted roughly 45 degrees.  (Note: Was private LAN server)

Where you in debug mode when you logged out ?   have not seen this in all our testing but sometimes in debug mode vehicles do strange things like fly up in the air or have moved when you come back in game but never seen it in normal game mode .

Ragsy !!

7 minutes ago, DCPoker said:

It is possible to remove Vehicle Madness Mod without starting a New Game?

Having some weird Map Render issues, Invisible wall Happening alot, and seems to happen more when it finally renders with alot of Vehicles spawn.

Random World

Technically it should be possible. Realistically though, you would normally have to remove every single reference to that mod before removing it for proper transition. Now imagine removing hundreds of cars all across the map. I would just start a new world at that point lol

I absolutely love your mod.  You guys are doing GREAT work.

I do have a few bugs I have noticed. 

- When a working motorcycle is on the map, it is easy to find because an indicator showed up on my compass pointing it out. 

- Other working vehicle spawns sometimes "bounce" in, like they fell from the sky, when someone comes within render distance, also making them pretty noticeable that it is a working version. 

- We just had a member find a working military truck and some weird glitch happened that caused it to instantaneously respawn a new working military truck as soon as he picked up the previous.  He ended up with 6 before they stopped spawning.  I have chance of spawn set to 0.01.  (I scaled back all working vehicle spawns to 0.01 and 0.02 as servers count them as rezzed out vehicles, and too many rezzed working vehicles can contribute to server instability and lag). 

Again, despite any little bugs, we do love this mod, and are excited to see what it has in store for the future. 

20 hours ago, Flamie said:

I absolutely love your mod.  You guys are doing GREAT work.

I do have a few bugs I have noticed. 

- When a working motorcycle is on the map, it is easy to find because an indicator showed up on my compass pointing it out. 

- Other working vehicle spawns sometimes "bounce" in, like they fell from the sky, when someone comes within render distance, also making them pretty noticeable that it is a working version. 

- We just had a member find a working military truck and some weird glitch happened that caused it to instantaneously respawn a new working military truck as soon as he picked up the previous.  He ended up with 6 before they stopped spawning.  I have chance of spawn set to 0.01.  (I scaled back all working vehicle spawns to 0.01 and 0.02 as servers count them as rezzed out vehicles, and too many rezzed working vehicles can contribute to server instability and lag). 

Again, despite any little bugs, we do love this mod, and are excited to see what it has in store for the future. 

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying it .

Vanilla spawns still have the indicator enabled ..so yeah will turn them off in next update.

The bounce effect is strange and seems to happen on uneven ground more ... looking at possible fixes for that.

The Military Truck glitch may be due to the vehicle collider not destroying the the spawn block instantly and can depend on the rotation of the spawn block.... we have changed the colliders for next update and have actively been looking at a fix for that , it seemed to happen on that truck from the recent update so maybe something I did messed that up on for the last update.

The spawns for servers information is useful and thanks for the feedback on your findings ...

Regards

Ragsy and Tiger

39 minutes ago, h0tr0d said:

You tried to make the in-game army truck drive-able? 

No we have our own miltary truck in the mod that Guppy did in A17 ,  might be adding another military style vehicle one at some point its just lots of people have done military stuff since A17 dropped and we wanna make the next one something more special.  

Not really that keen on the vanilla Military truck either ...

Ragsy !!

@zombie hunter. Freaking awesome mod. Thanks for keeping this updated. Plays well with LOTS of other mods (over 2.2gb on our current play through along with nitrogen map and POI pack a19.1). This is how the system for autos should have been. thank you. 

On 10/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, Dre said:

@zombie hunter. Freaking awesome mod. Thanks for keeping this updated. Plays well with LOTS of other mods (over 2.2gb on our current play through along with nitrogen map and POI pack a19.1). This is how the system for autos should have been. thank you. 

Thank you for the feedback ..

regards

Ragsy !!

Mod is absolutely amazing! I am using it on my local dedicated server to play with my friends. 👍

The only one thing is it would be great if you Ragsy could add an yellow icon to the mod to show vehicle ownership on the map as well as on the compas. Sometimes in darkness it's hard to find vehicle especially if you not entirely remember where you parked it :)

Spoiler

2020-10-12_105350.thumb.jpg.b1796e9b619ef3601943a8682931b567.jpg

On 10/11/2020 at 8:06 PM, DCPoker said:

Can you elaborate more on which file to edit to have  Vehicle indicator show up on Compass, sometime the Buggy shows up sometimes not, I love the buggy and quad, Great Work.

8 hours ago, Jexon_Freeman said:

Mod is absolutely amazing! I am using it on my local dedicated server to play with my friends. 👍

The only one thing is it would be great if you Ragsy could add an yellow icon to the mod to show vehicle ownership on the map as well as on the compas. Sometimes in darkness it's hard to find vehicle especially if you not entirely remember where you parked it :)

Hide contents

2020-10-12_105350.thumb.jpg.b1796e9b619ef3601943a8682931b567.jpg

The UI icons are in the mod in UIAtlas but the xml for nav objects is not ... we feel it spoils emmersion when vehicles spawn thats the reason the xml is not included.

If you really really really want them to show up then place the attached nav_objects.xml into the mods config folder ...... then go into entityclasses.xml and uncomment the bottom line on each vehicle entity by removing the <--- and --> from the line statement

Icons.png.59e0fa00faafb818272e9917e00ecb97.png

nav_objects.xml

or remember where you parked :) ...

Regards

Ragsy!!

i love the concept of this mod and the way it naturally spawns vehicles in the world along with prop cars its like no other vehicle mod it feels like it just belongs to the game for the most part except for some small issues like balancing the model spawns and a few of the vehicle models that imo are a bit immersion breaking due to being too realistic like the BMWs and EVO (i mean like in terms of being lore friendly) or too clean looking like for example the clean ambulance,crown vic,firetruck (they look so clean and vibrant that they stand out quite alot from the art style).. the more "generic" cars like the rusty crown vics, the police car, van, Guppy's truck, the fastback, etc fits right in imo even though they might not be the most detailed models they feel lore friendly from looking beat up and being generic but based on real life vehicles (kinda like TFP do with guns in the game)...
😅 Besides this whole "conceptual feedback" ...I've done alot of editing to suit my playstyle, also balacing the loot we get from looting these cars ..the cars from this mod were giving me way too much ammo everytime i went out and farmed cars along the way i ended up with like 100s of bullets, so i made it so only police cars can spawn weapons and ammo and tweaked the car model's spawn to give all the prop car models a similar chance to spawn so that the police car spawns a bit more frequently and i also nerfed the ambulance and firetruck spawn (i noticed they were spawning alot too i was coming across alot of those vehicles) and now it feels more balanced . Another thing that i just noticed is that the scale of some of the vehicles is kinda off. Some cars are way too big the character looks kinda small and due to their size it feels like it becomes a problem to maneuver in tight spaces...like the crown vics (civilian and taxi), the fastback and the buggy... the buggy is HUGE lol. im interested in reducing the scale a tiny bit on those, would it be possible to do something like that via XML or would only be possible through messing with it in Unity?

Edited by Tengu. (see edit history)