Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

On 3/12/2021 at 6:07 AM, Hayran said:

Looks good! But is possible control the number of drivable vehicles spawn on map? To very less in this case.

Yes go to the biomes.xml and decrease the prob value of spawnVehicleBlock  in each of the poi name sections.

regards

Ragsy !!

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod!

What could be wrong if I never encounter a compressor tool? I tried increasing the lootchance to 1 and still no compressor in vehicles. We have found a few ratchet sets, but also not lately. No errors in the console or in the server logs. Mod seems to be loading fine...

Could it be a compatibility issue with other mods? I have tried adjusting the order in which the mods are loaded (including this one as the first) to no avail.

Anyone any idea? (I can admin spawn in the compressor)

• 2 weeks later...

Dose this mod include military vehicles like tanks? I need a beefy vehicle that can smash through rubble in the wasteland

Dose this mod include military vehicles like tanks? I need a beefy vehicle that can smash through rubble in the wasteland

On 2/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yup close ...

Some good work can come from modding collaborations and its a good way to learn new stuff if you are new at modding I can say that because i have been on that journey .

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23400-unnofficial-modding-discord/

UVM needs updating moving forward for A19 and beyond ,   Dust2Death has been away for so long it may not be possible to get the original assets (convertion to linear lighting is required and Dust paid for the assets) ....if he does not return by May 2021 then it will have been a year and we can look into updating it if possible.

We all are hoping he comes back to modding but it seems unlikely at this point .

Regards

Ragsy !!

I have impeccable timing it seems 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 11:31 PM, AndrewT said:

Just a suggestion but I would like to see the MAUS tank in this mod and it should be able to smash through rubble in the wasteland.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:55 AM, AndrewT said:

since your working on a new block collision system could it be possible to add a mining vehicle that not only breaks blocks but also collects them in the process

Tank Tracks to look like they are moving would be the tricky bit of doing a tank model but not impossible .... With the experimental damage system in VM A tank with the right weight should crush some objects in the wasteland too .....  A proper Tank is on our list of things to do as is a digger of some description .  

Regards

Ragsy!!

On 5/17/2021 at 3:08 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Tank Tracks to look like they are moving would be the tricky bit of doing a tank model but not impossible .... With the experimental damage system in VM A tank with the right weight should crush some objects in the wasteland too .....  A proper Tank is on our list of things to do as is a digger of some description .  

Regards

Ragsy!!

Glad to know that. Plus I have two ideas for what the digger vehicle should look like as well as what the tank should look like. If your interested.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, CrazyAluminum said:

I mean that you need to create that recipe in recipes.xml in the mod folder.

Replace original recipes.xml in the mod folder with this recipes.xml

This will be added in Beta 2 ...  thanks Crazy :)   Just spotted this , so fix is there already for vanilla compatibilty with all other vanilla based vehicles , will be 2 x damaged VM engines = vanilla small engine so that if theres a need you can easily make engines for vanilla stuff like bdubs vehicles which work alongside VM 

A couple extras coming in Beta 2 along with the ones mentioned before in previous posts ...plus will be about 10 additions by Beta 2 release ,  release depending on when A20 drops .

9VljnmR.jpg

TIWdyK6.png

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

well Ragsy the tank being modeled after the MAUS was only my suggestion but there are various tank models in real like that use rubber tires rather than tracks but a tank is a big thick honk of solid steel so with tires or tracks either way it'll smash through rubble easily. but its entirely up to u on which tank u want to use as a model. and quick question, will we see images of the tank and mining vehicle once their models are finalized?

4 hours ago, AndrewT said:

well Ragsy the tank being modeled after the MAUS was only my suggestion but there are various tank models in real like that use rubber tires rather than tracks but a tank is a big thick honk of solid steel so with tires or tracks either way it'll smash through rubble easily. but its entirely up to u on which tank u want to use as a model. and quick question, will we see images of the tank and mining vehicle once their models are finalized?

I am working with ActiniumTiger on a tank and looking at ways to get those functional in game in a good way,  early days though so bear with us m8.

Regards

Ragsy!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 7:26 AM, AndrewT said:

Well news on this subject ...

Vehicle Madness Team welcomes a new member who joined in last few weeks as a developer ,  his name is Marcus

Marcus has been working on this tracked vehicle but its probably not going to make it into the game until we get guns as a 'working option'    ....  for now until we are looking at other tracked stuff such as a bulldozer ,  with the system Marcus has developed for tracks thats an option as you can see in this tank video.  This is prototype 1 .. but there are 3 more tracked vehicles in early stages and things look promising as on later prototypes we have tracks that move depending on the vehicle state.

Physics is the tricky bit but we are working on improvements and bear in mind this is an earlier verson .

Regards

VM Team !!

Wow Ragsy The fact that you guys have made that much progress on the vehicle animations by the first test is amazing Marcus has done a fantastic job. Never have i been so impressed in my life. you guys keep up the amazing work. I also have a vehicle model request that I think you guys may like, now i dont expect it to be added ASAP nor do i expect it to be added at all but i think this vehicle model is a pretty cool idea. this tracked vehicle is the huge german landcruiser PANZER 1000 RATTE mega tank, it would be great for players who like blowing up things with huge cannons as well as a great vehicle for players who like to smash everything that gets in their way. if the huge tanks guns can be functional that will be so awesome. But aside from all that I'm extremely impressed with the progress yall have made and i hope tests continue to deliver successful results.

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness Mod A19

Ragsy if u still have the old custom vehicles mod in an old file somewhere im sure u know how to access the #c codes the beast used to mine and harvest resources because u can use the old codes as influence for ur own approach on a mining vehicle.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, AndrewT said:

Ragsy if u still have the old custom vehicles mod in an old file somewhere im sure u know how to access the #c codes the beast used to mine and harvest resources because u can use the old codes as influence for ur own approach on a mining vehicle.

Yeah that was coded solution not XML but still very cool for A16 ,  I have been experimenting a bit with digging but trying to stay XML as much as possible before giving up ...

This is a 1st pass at digger since A16 and is using only unity physics at the moment .... it definately need some more work but does dig but slowly ....   trying some stuff with harvesting resources but again very early days on this too.

Regards

The VM Team !!

2 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yeah that was coded solution not XML but still very cool for A16 ,  I have been experimenting a bit with digging but trying to stay XML as much as possible before giving up ...

This is a 1st pass at digger since A16 and is using only unity physics at the moment .... it definately need some more work but does dig but slowly ....   trying some stuff with harvesting resources but again very early days on this too.

Regards

The VM Team !!

Wow so cool glad to see things working well you guys are doing fantastic keep up the good work. now i imagine the harvest codes for the old beast needed to somehow be connected to the block damage aka mining code. now that kind of coding is beyond my skill but you guys are making good progress so i think yall can pull it off. all these tests look promising so far. so once again keep up the fantastic work.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

This will be added in Beta 2 ...  thanks Crazy :)   Just spotted this , so fix is there already for vanilla compatibilty with all other vanilla based vehicles , will be 2 x damaged VM engines = vanilla small engine so that if theres a need you can easily make engines for vanilla stuff like bdubs vehicles which work alongside VM 

A couple extras coming in Beta 2 along with the ones mentioned before in previous posts ...plus will be about 10 additions by Beta 2 release ,  release depending on when A20 drops .

9VljnmR.jpg

TIWdyK6.png

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger !!

4 things 1 the mod looks awesome 2 is it in the mod launcher and 3 did you employ a redneck engineer for the cooler motor bike and 4 did yo usteal the meth van from breaking bad  :)

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)