Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

Am I doing something wrong with this mod on my server? So far, I have found 1 working Quad and that's it. I see a bunch of nice looking military and emergency vehicles, even the Chevy, but none of them are operational. All I can do is loot them. Is there something I need to enable in the config for them to be working vehicles, or is my RNG just that bad?

There are lootable versions of military and emergency vehicles ,  the probabilities on getting working versions are set very low to spawn so you may have lucked out on rng . 

I have lots of feedback saying there are too many spawned working vehicles ....  some do get the miltary stuff and emergency vehicles so its a lottery on what you get which is the point of the overhaul. 

I had one test world that I got one vehicle in 20 days of exploring and that was a rusty taxi,  others i got the quad taxi, sedan and military truck in 10 days .

Ragsy !!

Hi. We just launched a new map with this mod tonight and one of our players experienced a weird error with the firetruck. I'm attaching an image but I'll also described exactly what he told me.

He (let's call him Steve) and Fred were in a working firetruck they found (Steve was in the driver's seat). Sam then tried to get into the truck as well and then Steve got a console command error that kept repeating on him so he could not close it out. He had to relog to get out of the truck and keep playing. Fred did not get the error but Sam also got the same error and had to relog.

jellyserror_vehiclemadness_firetruck.png

13 hours ago, CelekDraco said:

Hi. We just launched a new map with this mod tonight and one of our players experienced a weird error with the firetruck. I'm attaching an image but I'll also described exactly what he told me.

He (let's call him Steve) and Fred were in a working firetruck they found (Steve was in the driver's seat). Sam then tried to get into the truck as well and then Steve got a console command error that kept repeating on him so he could not close it out. He had to relog to get out of the truck and keep playing. Fred did not get the error but Sam also got the same error and had to relog.

jellyserror_vehiclemadness_firetruck.png

I will take a look at the Firetruck when i go on a server  ...... not had that reported by anyone else yet so will check it out.

regards

Ragsy !! 

The working firetrucks could be over spawning specifically, and working vehicles over spawning a bit in general. We've got about 8 active people on the new map we're running and we're on Day 22. So far the following working vehicles have been found: 7 firetrucks, 4 vans, 1 police, 3 trucks, 2 other. The map is a 12k nitrogen generated.

8 hours ago, CelekDraco said:

The working firetrucks could be over spawning specifically, and working vehicles over spawning a bit in general. We've got about 8 active people on the new map we're running and we're on Day 22. So far the following working vehicles have been found: 7 firetrucks, 4 vans, 1 police, 3 trucks, 2 other. The map is a 12k nitrogen generated.

Thanks for your feedback on this regarding spawning ...  we will be tuning things a bit for the next release.

Regards

Ragsy !!

1 hour ago, Briston574 said:

Love the mod, and getting ready to do a video on it soon. Super fun to have all the extra vehicles. Gotta ask, is the mod serverside only or client&server? 

Its client and server as the mod has new unity assets added so both require the mod files.

Ragsy !!

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TL Punk said:

So I downloaded the mod and moved it with other mods that I downloaded. I did start a new game like it was stated. My question is how would I know that the mod is working? 

Nevermind. I fixed it. I brought an extra folder over in my mod folder.

15 hours ago, appenius said:

Loving the mod so far, but...how can I increase spawn chances of working vehicles? Is it something I can edit in the files??

Thanks for answer

Nvm figured it out.

For anyone interested in increased spawn chances, just go to biomes.xml and increase the prob value of spawnVehicleBlock. I increased mine 5x and broken cars 2x and it feels more natural, at least for me and my friends :D 

Edited by appenius (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Two separate projects that had nothing to do with one another.  I did mine a while back.  Dust started his and Ragsy was helping him out whlie he was learning the ropes of vehicles, then at some point I gave mine to Ragsy once he surpassed me, and Dust fell off the earth so...

That's how I vaguely remember it, but I could be wrong on some or all details.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, khzmusik said:

Stupid question, but what's the relationship between this mod and Dust2Death's UVM? Largely the same people have contributed to both. Is this mod designed to replace the other moving forward?

On 1/27/2021 at 3:19 AM, Guppycur said:

Two separate projects that had nothing to do with one another.  I did mine a while back.  Dust started his and Ragsy was helping him out whlie he was learning the ropes of vehicles, then at some point I gave mine to Ragsy once he surpassed me, and Dust fell off the earth so...

That's how I vaguely remember it, but I could be wrong on some or all details.

Yup close ...

Some good work can come from modding collaborations and its a good way to learn new stuff if you are new at modding I can say that because i have been on that journey .

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23400-unnofficial-modding-discord/

UVM needs updating moving forward for A19 and beyond ,   Dust2Death has been away for so long it may not be possible to get the original assets (convertion to linear lighting is required and Dust paid for the assets) ....if he does not return by May 2021 then it will have been a year and we can look into updating it if possible.

We all are hoping he comes back to modding but it seems unlikely at this point .

Regards

Ragsy !!

3 hours ago, Valdifer said:

Hi, as i posted in other mod post, i made a spanish translation to this mod, where is the github to make a pull request if there is one? or any other via

Greetings

Thank you for doing a spanish version .... the localisation file can be attached to your post here they are quite small in size.

I can link to it from main page for those then wanting the option .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Thank you for doing a spanish version .... the localisation file can be attached to your post here they are quite small in size.

I can link to it from main page for those then wanting the option .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Localization

Dunno how to attach, im looking to the option but i don't see it :'D, anyway adding a pastebin, the translation can be updated or if someone wants to tell me what would be better, i used my own criter to do it.

Thx and greetings!

Edited by Valdifer
Updated Loc, missing some cars (see edit history)

On 2/7/2021 at 9:24 PM, Valdifer said:

Localization

Dunno how to attach, im looking to the option but i don't see it :'D, anyway adding a pastebin, the translation can be updated or if someone wants to tell me what would be better, i used my own criter to do it.

Thx and greetings!

No problem i have copied the text from pastebin and I have uploaded the replacement localization file to the main gitlab source now ....again many thanks for doing that work for Vehicle Madness ,  if anyone else has translations feel free to do so using the new file as a base.

Regards

Ragsy !!

hallo, vor allem dank dieser großen Mod! meine Frage: Kann ich diesen Mod zusammen mit dem von bdubyah verwenden? oder gibt es Probleme? weil ich liebe die mod von bdubyah

2 minutes ago, Rushtank said:

hallo, vor allem dank dieser großen Mod! meine Frage: Kann ich diesen Mod zusammen mit dem von bdubyah verwenden? oder gibt es Probleme? weil ich liebe die mod von bdubyah

hello, first of all thanks to this great mod! my question: can I use this mod together with that of bdubyah? or are there problems? because I love the mod of bdubyah

• 1 month later...