Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

10 hours ago, Rummbottom said:

Awesome mod, though some of the vehicles feel a bit slow (The box truck in particular). Was that intended? The inventory size of some vehicles seems a bit small, too; But otherwise, loving it so far! Adds a lot more variety and life to the world.

Vehicle speeds , inventory sizes and a few other things will be reviewed as time goes on  ....  glad you are enjoying it thanks for the feedback :)

Regards

Ragsy !!

Hi Ragsy 2145

In later updates they will add a respawn block of the cars, I ask if it is not the case to add it myself.

P.S. I am really liking the mod, there is little drop in resources, but that's what it's all about.

Regards

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi Ragsy 2145

In later updates they will add a respawn block of the cars, I ask if it is not the case to add it myself.

P.S. I am really liking the mod, there is little drop in resources, but that's what it's all about.

Regards

There are car respawner mods out there for A19 I believe so they will respawn the vanilla ones in the world providing the respawn block is not destroyed,  JaxTeller has one and a few others ...

These will not repawn the additional vehicles that guppy added and we have no plans on salvage vehicle respawning for the overhaul.   What you said is kind of the point as you may have fight for the resources that are there or hope you get a lucky spawn full vehicle.

Not tried the spawner modlets myself at all but if they should work for vanilla vehicles in this mod overhaul but no full guarantee on that ;).

Regards

Ragsy !!

Just now, Ragsy 2145 said:

There are car respawner mods out there for A19 I believe so they will respawn the vanilla ones in the world providing the respawn block is not destroyed,  JaxTeller has one and a few others ...

These will not repawn the additional vehicles that guppy added and we have no plans on salvage vehicle respawning for the overhaul.   What you said is kind of the point as you may have fight for the resources that are there or hope you get a lucky spawn full vehicle.

Not tried the spawner modlets myself at all but if they should work for vanilla vehicles in this mod overhaul but no full guarantee on that ;).

Regards

Ragsy !!

I have the AndreaCarRespawner mod (I think it's the name like that), because the one from Jaxteller718 did not help me when I installed it in previous alphas because the respawn block disappeared, I could try the one you have in your mods today, but when harvesting the vanilla cars it was They destroy complete, there is no respawn block left, I suppose I will add the block for guppy and vanilla cars and it works for everyone.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I have the AndreaCarRespawner mod (I think it's the name like that), because the one from Jaxteller718 did not help me when I installed it in previous alphas because the respawn block disappeared, I could try the one you have in your mods today, but when harvesting the vanilla cars it was They destroy complete, there is no respawn block left, I suppose I will add the block for guppy and vanilla cars and it works for everyone.

Thanks

In vehicle madness the final stage is designed to give the player a chance of obtaining the 'damaged chassis' to use in recipes to make your own vehicles so its up to you ... if you add a chance to have the vehicle go to a respawn cycle then you have to consider this point also. 

I presume you just want to give the option in modlet form for 'user choice'  and we have no problem with that if you do that .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

In vehicle madness the final stage is designed to give the player a chance of obtaining the 'damaged chassis' to use in recipes to make your own vehicles so its up to you ... if you add a chance to have the vehicle go to a respawn cycle then you have to consider this point also. 

I presume you just want to give the option in modlet form for 'user choice'  and we have no problem with that if you do that .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Thanks Ragsy 2145 and the whole team

I'm going to think about it very well, before moving and doing something.

Regards

1 minute ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Ragsy 2145 and the whole team

I'm going to think about it very well, before moving and doing something.

Regards

Please call me Ragsy :)  Rags or whatever I think we know each other on here well enough now Gouki lol ...   unfortunately my first account on here got lost and had to re register with the numbers bit ,  but i have been on forums a long time .  

Regards

Ragsy !!

2 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Please call me Ragsy :)  Rags or whatever I think we know each other on here well enough now Gouki lol ...   unfortunately my first account on here got lost and had to re register with the numbers bit ,  but i have been on forums a long time .  

Regards

Ragsy !!

Ok Ragsy, sorry about your account.

Regards

I have downloaded and installed this mod ( thanks for all the hard work ) but I can't seem to get any spawns to show. It was a new save. Does it hurt than I have ac vehicle mod and bdubs vehicle mod installed as well? Any help would be appreciated 

Just now, Adimar said:

I have downloaded and installed this mod ( thanks for all the hard work ) but I can't seem to get any spawns to show. It was a new save. Does it hurt than I have ac vehicle mod and bdubs vehicle mod installed as well? Any help would be appreciated 

Hi Adimar

I understand that the bdubyah car mod works well together with Vehicle Madness, I comment @ Ragsy, so it can't be that mod, the other vehicle mod I don't know what you are talking about, try to remove it and see if it is solved.
You have to start a new game, because the block change is added.

2 hours ago, Iyukathar said:

Hello.

I Love this Mod.. but i have one problem....

The Storage of the Vehicle are 3x9 can i change it ? 10x9 would be nice :)

Glad you are enjoying it ... yeah we are looking at sorting the sizes for each storage on next update in line with type of vehicle .

bdubyah has been busy as well with adding new wreck models for vehicle madness ...  so there will be no more 'endless rows of sedans' , he has added trucks ,vans ,SUV's even a old Lada somewhere 😊.         Still going to be the odd vanilla sedan but most of the salvage will be 'customs'  to give the world even more variety.

DMS0wZN.jpg

kGuF4uc.jpg

7tDI1s9.jpg

Regards

VM Team

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Update info (see edit history)

This is a great mod. I recommend it to everyone to try it out.  Thanks for all those who worked on it!

i had a game set on harder “zombies run fast” settings and actually found a drive-able car on day 1. Drove for quite awhile ( I guess I went the wrong way from the towns) and finally found 2 crappy houses. I Had to keep fighting then running back to my car to survive :) . Also had to use it to run over a wolf and some zeds.

it really makes it feel like people abandoned the cars. Being able to drive/rebuild/repair them is really cool. 

1 hour ago, Pryport said:

@Ragsy 2145 Great mod! Thank you for the effort put forth. I am really having alot of fun with it. The only question I have is where exactally can I find a compressor Tool. I have been unable to come across one and have looted/wrenched about 750 cars.

Thanks again for the epic mod!

I didnt find any compresser until grease monkey 4 lucky looter 5, wearing lucky looter goggles got them in pass n gas crate,working stiff crate and looted some cars hope this helps.

6 hours ago, Pryport said:

@Ragsy 2145 Great mod! Thank you for the effort put forth. I am really having alot of fun with it. The only question I have is where exactally can I find a compressor Tool. I have been unable to come across one and have looted/wrenched about 750 cars.

Thanks again for the epic mod!

👍

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Glancing at the loot.xml, it's is the automotive and rareAutomotive groups. So it's mostly gonna be the Pass N Gas crates. Doesn't look like wrenching cars will give you one. Could probably get one from looting a car though.

Yeah as bdubyah says its not supposed to be something you find very easily ... might up the chance slightly in car loot as chances are some people have portable compressors in their cars nowadays ( I have one in mine) . 

Working on updating the mod for a 'interim release' version with bdubyahs new wreck varieties soon , reviewed the storage sizes .. with bigger storage in the full trucks and van for next release and some handling tweaks.

The next major release after that will be a while with some new vehicles coming along with some of the older vehicles taking on a new post-apocalyptic look

Ragsy !!

3 hours ago, Okami said:

@Ragsy 2145

Hi sir! I play with this AWESOME mod just two days, and could say, it's brilliant work!

But there is one liitle thing , for some reasons motorcycle carcass (from mod) dosn't have collider. ive found some of them on parkings, and found when i salvage it.

I will take a look at that thanks for the feedback

Ragsy !!

Vehicle Madness now updated to version 1.1 ...  download link in the OP

A brand new save game is required as lots of blocks changed and have been added for this update .....

The main changes are the new variations in wrecks so i will leave it up to current users to decide wether they want to update or not.

Pictures here

Changelog Beta 1.1 :

1. Added various new wrecks created by bdubyah for the ultimate salvage variation ( There is only 1 vanilla sedan in chain as required by some POI's and all others are now custom).

2. Tweaked some vehicle speeds and camera positions and some storage on the big vehicles

3. Increased amount of wrecks on roads and in biomes to provide more resources.

4. Experimental block damage changes

5. Added Quad to world spawns and reduced spawns very slightly (feedback on this will be required as catering for server vs single player).

6. Added compressor to EMS and Military loot options , increased probabilities in automotive and rare automotive loot as were too rare before.

7. Removed damaged motorcyle part2 from spawn ( will add more motorcycle variant wrecks at some point)

Next update will include some new vehicles and will showcase those here as we move closer to the next update in October.

Special thanks to our small testing group for thier input over the last few months.

Regards

Ragsy and Tiger !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos info updates (see edit history)

Well if you really do want no vehicle spawns then simplest thing is to go into biomes.xml and look for the spawnVehicleBlock and

set the probabilty to '0'. 

Although doing that there are some vehicles are purposely not craftable so you would have to add the recipes yourself for the missing stuff.

From the original post about the future of Vehicle Madness

On 8/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

We will be adding more vehicles options for your post apocaliptic driving pleasures.

A Dedicated POI for Automotive Repairs

Looking at a new system to spawn in broken vehicle with no gas that needs fueling to get back to workshop for full repair (early stage development).

Changing the engine sounds along the way.

Looking to adapt and add my fuel siphon modlet that i developed in A17 for use in Vehicle Madness in A19.

Work on localisation updates.

The goal in the OP was eventually to get the overhaul to the stage where you find a vehicle that is broken and and you will have to upgrade them to get basic running vehicle either by using parts to repair or some may just need fuel adding but will be partially functional ....... or possibly you may find a partially functioning vehicle that you take back to a dedicated repair station to upgrade to fully functional. 

We have done some test work with that already with the Fastback .... the Broken fastback spawns in world and you can slowly get it back to base to a repair station.  The more stages the bigger the amount of alternate models and meshes are required so the mod could get huge in size very quickly.

So might just target the special vehicles as non functional and upgrade to use ... we will see.

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos info updates (see edit history)

Just tipped my toes in to try this mod out,.... together with the combo POI and NITROGEN map generator I now have countless variety in vehicles and everything is looking SO GOOD !

Thanks for your efforts and presenting this for us to use...

The models look consistent in quality, looking worn and torn so don't stick out like odd balls blending very well into the world.. :)

* Found my first drivable vehicle, the Police Car... Love the sounds (they may be a little to high rev) and the handling of the car plus it even has suspension ! 

Edited by Jay_ombie (see edit history)