Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

On 7/26/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yeah that was coded solution not XML but still very cool for A16 ,  I have been experimenting a bit with digging but trying to stay XML as much as possible before giving up ...

This is a 1st pass at digger since A16 and is using only unity physics at the moment .... it definately need some more work but does dig but slowly ....   trying some stuff with harvesting resources but again very early days on this too.

Regards

The VM Team !!

Hi rags

This is one of the vehicles that I had wanted to be added, since it was not included in Manux Custom Vehicles A17, I did my best to make it work (I only managed to spawn it in the world, but I got red errors and then it stopped working), but my Unity skills are nil, so I no longer did anything to fix it.
A great job from all the team involved, thank you very much also for the Military Tank.
Waiting for your first release of these vehicles.
Regards

6 hours ago, ZzzSmileYzzZ said:

I do not know if you guys plan this for the future but having the firetruck 'Damaged' to spawn in the world would be nice. Just strange to see a brand new fire truck, sitting there in the wilderness.

Cheers,

WWE26AOl.png              This is planned for Firetruck ... was posted awhile back  ..also rusted out the BMW's and a few others

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi rags

This is one of the vehicles that I had wanted to be added, since it was not included in Manux Custom Vehicles A17, I did my best to make it work (I only managed to spawn it in the world, but I got red errors and then it stopped working), but my Unity skills are nil, so I no longer did anything to fix it.
A great job from all the team involved, thank you very much also for the Military Tank.
Waiting for your first release of these vehicles.
Regards

The Tank and Digger will be a while yet and i dont expect a release in Beta 2 which may be August/Sept  , but if reasonable progress is made then can release an interim update to include those when we are happy with them . 

I strongly recommend you look into Unity stuff as its changed my whole dynamic of modding... Guppycur prodded me into unity last May as i was resisting for a while lol .  

If you do decide to do vehicle stuff or just want new blocks in game via unity then join the The unnofficial Modding Discord Community server , plenty of folks from around the world that give up their free time to help others out.    

Regards

VM Team

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blackmadman said:

Hello, would there be the possibility for your vehicle mod to provide a small respawn modlet? Since no one is interested in constantly starting over, that would be very interesting for a map that should run a little longer.

You mean respawn car wrecks  ?

Ragsy !!

13 hours ago, AndrewT said:

I haven't talked in a while but hows that work on the tank going Ragsy?

Slow as we have all had holiday breaks over the last few weeks for first time in 2 years ....  for now concentrating on getting the next version out with the 14 plus new vehicles ... The Dozer and Tank may be on an interim release,   With A20 dropping soon may scupper plans depending on what gets changed name wise again .

YBFSJ8L.jpg

Q88BA3Y.jpg

kLy2b7L.jpg

aZcpVGl.jpg

GPBhiLr.jpg

MBVSmbl.jpg

J2QYff5.jpg

Just a few shots of whats coming ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

8 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Slow as we have all had holiday breaks over the last few weeks for first time in 2 years ....  for now concentrating on getting the next version out with the 14 plus new vehicles ... The Dozer and Tank may be on an interim release,   With A20 dropping soon may scupper plans depending on what gets changed name wise again .

YBFSJ8L.jpg

Q88BA3Y.jpg

kLy2b7L.jpg

aZcpVGl.jpg

GPBhiLr.jpg

MBVSmbl.jpg

J2QYff5.jpg

Just a few shots of whats coming ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

nice the stuff looks awesome. I like that mad max lookin truck in the first shot and the motor scooter in the second to last shot looks hilarious but still good. keep up the good work. I also think it would be interesting to have the Panzer 8 MAUS as the top tier tank once the tank system is ready and since the MAUS is huge it should smash through everything. im also not asking for the digger to have the scoop go up and down like the beast did in the old mod. instead the digger should just have an extremely wide and high dig radius.

Edited by AndrewT (see edit history)

Well I wouldn't be surprised if TFP ever add a tank or mining/harvesting vehicle. but I dont see them doing that for a while if not ever. now the only big vehicle changes coming in A20 are the ability to properly use dyes on vehicles as well as vehicle mods so I dont see that affecting this mod too much, but I could be wrong considering how unpredictable TFP are so its best we just keep an eye on whats coming as best we can.

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A19

hmmm that truck with what looks like a snow plow on the front could be good use for clearing the road of trashed vehicles but then we would need similar vehicle colisions to what GTA5 has and this game doesn't really need those kinds of physics. either way the vehicles look so cool i cant wait to see what else is in the works.

51 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

hmmm that truck with what looks like a snow plow on the front could be good use for clearing the road of trashed vehicles but then we would need similar vehicle colisions to what GTA5 has and this game doesn't really need those kinds of physics. either way the vehicles look so cool i cant wait to see what else is in the works.

Its a farm truck apparently ...smaller than a normal rig used for towing equipment around farms , this one was dressed up for the apocalpse by the modeller who posted it up for use.  

I can have it destroy vehicles just needs the convex mesh set up at front ,  but it needs to be angled upward slightly otherwise the vehicle will not climb an incline properly ... vehicle wrecks explode on impact scattering wreckage particles but this is vanilla not anything i have done  you see this affect during the digger tests at beginning of the video .  

Problem with destroying vehicle wrecks is you deplete the harvesting yields for the world and may hamper the building of vehicles further down the line ...

Theres a few more vehicles to add and some revamped vehicles .... will post up progress when we have them in game

Ragsy !!

3 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Its a farm truck apparently ...smaller than a normal rig used for towing equipment around farms , this one was dressed up for the apocalpse by the modeller who posted it up for use.  

I can have it destroy vehicles just needs the convex mesh set up at front ,  but it needs to be angled upward slightly otherwise the vehicle will not climb an incline properly ... vehicle wrecks explode on impact scattering wreckage particles but this is vanilla not anything i have done  you see this affect during the digger tests at beginning of the video .  

Problem with destroying vehicle wrecks is you deplete the harvesting yields for the world and may hamper the building of vehicles further down the line ...

Theres a few more vehicles to add and some revamped vehicles .... will post up progress when we have them in game

Ragsy !!

thats what i was referring to but if u know that rig in GTA5 with the ramp on the front that looks like the helmet pyramid head from silent hill wears. that truck can simply flip other cars out of its way obviously because of the different collision system but im not saying put the same collision in this mod although that would be cool. but then again if the harvesting for the digger ends up being successful which so far it looks promising i can see players driving into wrecked vehicles with the digger if the harvesting code will work on cars as well.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Haven't talked in a while. corona sickness sucks. But how have things been with the mod just curious?

Glad you are ok though  and corona does suck ...... 

Yeah bit slow of late due to real life things happening with members of the Team holding a couple of things up ,  although now with us being so close to A20 we think its wise now to wait to see what breaks with A20 release.

We dont want to  release and have it out of action after a short period .   At the moment going through a few playtests myself and making a few tweaks here and there.

Will be probably 20 new vehicles in total and a few game play changes to Vehicle Madness inline with the great feedback received by the players over the last several months .

regards

Ragsy !!

On 9/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Glad you are ok though  and corona does suck ...... 

Yeah bit slow of late due to real life things happening with members of the Team holding a couple of things up ,  although now with us being so close to A20 we think its wise now to wait to see what breaks with A20 release.

We dont want to  release and have it out of action after a short period .   At the moment going through a few playtests myself and making a few tweaks here and there.

Will be probably 20 new vehicles in total and a few game play changes to Vehicle Madness inline with the great feedback received by the players over the last several months .

regards

Ragsy !!

good to know and appreiciate the compliment. also I was quiet again for days cause my corona made me throw up like crazy along with many other things but starting to finally recover.

corona aint got @%$# on me cause IM BACK along with some new vehicle requests that I know people will enjoy for the nostalgia. The two vehicles are the scorpion gunship and DRAGON ship from avatar, don't get @%$#ed yes avatar sucked but at least those two flying vehicles were cool.

A20 looms and there will be major changes in the loots side of things so definately will be not worth pushing this update with the 20 new vehicles until we sort out the new loot stuff.

in the meantime:

lRRH8Ck.jpg

gzUEOWw.jpg

9f6h4B1.jpg

j3LFnC8.jpg

RZjEi1I.jpg

Mpl6KvW.jpg

rblqkUC.jpg

yFhwjT2.jpg

ByshjXs.jpg

Current Total will be roughly 46 vehicles in Vehicle Madness ... may change before release in A20 .

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger

2 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

A20 looms and there will be major changes in the loots side of things so definately will be not worth pushing this update with the 20 new vehicles until we sort out the new loot stuff.

in the meantime:

lRRH8Ck.jpg

gzUEOWw.jpg

9f6h4B1.jpg

j3LFnC8.jpg

RZjEi1I.jpg

Mpl6KvW.jpg

rblqkUC.jpg

yFhwjT2.jpg

ByshjXs.jpg

Current Total will be roughly 46 vehicles in Vehicle Madness ... may change before release in A20 .

Regards

Ragsy n Tiger

The futuristc looking Humvee like vehicle in the 5th image and all the other military vehicles look fantastic the mod gets more amazing with every update.

The military vehicle in the last image has what looks like a turret slide for a big machine gun like an M60 or a Browning 50cal. Hopefully vehicle turrets can become a thing soon... running over zombies then blasting bigger ones with the mounted machine gun will be so awesome. I've also seen belt fed grenade launching machine guns in real life if certain military vehicles use those for a turret then it would be mega fun to destroy government buildings. If yall didn't see it in the stream the new district system for POIs has a district simply called "government" for u guessed it government and politician buildings, and I know everyone including me will make it one of our priorities to loot those buildings then destroy them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21