Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

On 9/28/2022 at 11:26 PM, AndrewT said:

ragsy for now my only question is in a future update will objects like the wheeled gas tank in this image become vehicle mods that extend the vehicles inventory and also have a visual showing it being pulled behind the vehicle?image.thumb.jpeg.d45dc08bf6c4b6c6f97953d17ceca5f8.jpeg

Not sure to be honest ... have not had much time with modding in general over last 5 months so slowly easing my way back in .   With A21 coming along its more than likely VM will need some TLC to get up and running with that version.  We had done quite a lot of updates to VM between January and April 2022 but due to me losing my mojo we did not finish off the '7' remaining outstanding changes of the 30 or so that we had listed from feedback before that.  

For now I will concentrate of finishing off that outstanding list ,  might not be worth uploading the new version for A20 as it seems that A21 is looming so people would maybe not get much use out of an updated VM for A20. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

10 hours ago, DarthLarzz said:

So i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong for the mod to not work 

You could manually download Vehicle Madness from the link in this thread on the original 1st post , extract to desktop and then move the extracted VM folder into your games mod folder ,  I am not sure why VM does not work from the modlauncher itself as we have not had any other people report issues with installing from it (maybe no one has who knows).

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Not sure to be honest ... have not had much time with modding in general over last 5 months so slowly easing my way back in .   With A21 coming along its more than likely VM will need some TLC to get up and running with that version.  We had done quite a lot of updates to VM between January and April 2022 but due to me losing my mojo we did not finish off the '7' remaining outstanding changes of the 30 or so that we had listed from feedback before that.  

For now I will concentrate of finishing off that outstanding list ,  might not be worth uploading the new version for A20 as it seems that A21 is looming so people would maybe not get much use out of an updated VM for A20. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

You could manually download Vehicle Madness from the link in this thread on the original 1st post , extract to desktop and then move the extracted VM folder into your games mod folder ,  I am not sure why VM does not work from the modlauncher itself as we have not had any other people report issues with installing from it (maybe no one has who knows).

Ragsy !!

so i did try that, the mod launcher has decided that it doesn't like VM anymore 😕

• 4 weeks later...

Love the mod, the vehicles are nice and i really like the different wrecks and repairable cars. But is there any way to lower propability or disable entirely the spawning of working cars? Getting a working car super early is now way too easy imo... I couldnt find a solution here and i am not big brained enough to understand the way the xml files work. I would suggest an alternative version or a config file to change spawning propabilities. Does anyone know a way to solve this for now?

3 hours ago, Combo said:

getting a working car super early is now way too easy

You still need to find a ratchet or Impact driver to craft a repair kit for these vehicles. And these you shouldn't find at early stages.

Mosttimes is is easier to build these cars from scratch then to craft a repair kit, since i don't want use my first found impact driver for a repair kit.

Ok thats just my expierence from Rebirth overhaul with include VM.

I got this in the console and the log an I wasn't getting it before I installed this mod.

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "wheel 3" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.

So far as I can tell it is not a big deal I well still use your mod. also it looks like your vehicles replace the vanilla vehicles is that right.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:02 PM, Witos said:

Hello, first of all congratulations for the mod that is very good and gives a lot of play to my server.
I would like to know if I can increase the speed of any vehicle to XML level.

You just need to change the velocitymax in the vehicle.xml in the mod for reference the first number after velocitymax is top speed without turbo, second number is top speed with turbo.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, Canute said:

You still need to find a ratchet or Impact driver to craft a repair kit for these vehicles. And these you shouldn't find at early stages.

Mosttimes is is easier to build these cars from scratch then to craft a repair kit, since i don't want use my first found impact driver for a repair kit.

Ok thats just my expierence from Rebirth overhaul with include VM.

The Repairable ones are fine, I am talking about driveable cars with fuel spawning in the world. Started a world yesterday and on day 2 we found a ready to drive luxury sedan ready to pick up right in front of the first trader (funny sidenote, it actually spawned flipped upside down laying on its roof).

A quick drive later in the next town i found a ready to drive Taxi on the road, so i just put it in my pocket and saved it for later. I would not be surprised to find another car soon, on another world I found the yellow mini bike and a quad standing around on a small farmland POI, both ready to go, then found a taxi and a box truck a bit further into the city aswell...

At this stage of the mod bicycles are pretty much obsolete and there is not really a point in crafting a car or buying car parts, just scout a city for a working car and you can almost certainly get it on day one or two.

Ahh these, yes.

But you still need to have some luck with it, not allways you can find a useable car.

And I never found any highend car either, just quads,bettle,van and the best was a police car.

Not to speak when you find a useable car at a mission POI the POI reset with another useable car after mission activation.

Before you get tired of the world you prolly got a container full of spare cars ! 🙂 But since you can't scrap or sell these, beside to have spare vehicles no big deal i think.

But i don't like cars much anyway, i prefer motorcycle/quad because of the easy driving through cities.

I just saw this mod and it looks great. I would love to see all the very of vehicles around the world.  Is there any way to have the vehicles, but not have the special parts or working and repairable vehicles?  Playing solo, I only need one motorcycle or similar fast and easy to maneuver vehicle for normal use, one four wheel vehicle for when I need extra space, and one air vehicle to get long distances over rough terrain.  With such a limited need, having all those extra parts just takes up space without offering any real benefit to me.  It would be great on a large MP game, but solo just doesn't need it.  If it is possible to have the vehicles just for normal scrap/loot without anything else, that would be amazing.

Guys, what the shell???

Most of vehicle variants (damaged, repairable, etc) look like they are missing textures - that i can understand.

But having all of their names be unlocalized (i.e. appear in the game as "ctn1Damaged") is horrible! Makes you feel like something is broken in the game.

Same thing with car parts: carEngine and carSeats is not exciting to look at in your crafting menu.

I made a fix - added all of the missing items and blocks into Localization.txt - i shared it in my next message below this. You can just use it and add into a mod if you want - i hope i chose correct names for cars.

Edited by t1slam
Additions and clarifications (see edit history)

Also - a lot of cars have weird speed limit:

For example, a Working Stiff Van has amazing speed and controls - i love using it.

But most other cars, especially smaller ones, like Taxi or Workshop van (with horns) have very little maximum speed - less than Working Stiff Van. 

Aside from having it feel very weird, it makes these cars essentially unusable - because literally everything is better than using them, they can barely outdo bycicles!

Please check the maximum speed of the cars you add!

Edited by t1slam
Changed "Repair van" to "Workshop van" (see edit history)

I glanced at the xml and most of the vanilla utility trucks are 13,13 velocity, while the taxi is 10,14. So while normal driving the taxi is slower, turbo driving is faster. And I'd assume they all have more storage than a bicycle and require no stamina to drive, so they still easily beat a bike.

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I glanced at the xml and most of the vanilla utility trucks are 13,13 velocity, while the taxi is 10,14. So while normal driving the taxi is slower, turbo driving is faster. And I'd assume they all have more storage than a bicycle and require no stamina to drive, so they still easily beat a bike.

So the velocity is what affects speed?

I tried to make cars drive like the Working Stiffs Van and switched the "gears" part, thinking that would give proper effect, but it didn't change anything.

Edit: it seems like it does - i also checked the values of cars and it seems like mostly regular cars got served a horrible hand.

I mean - min velocity 9 is not what a frea***g Sedan, BMW or Evo should have - they should have at least 14 to outweight their smaller inventory size.

14 is what quads have and it doesn't make sense that a car with car engine has lesser power than a quadbike :) 

Edited by t1slam (see edit history)

Hello I been using Vehicle Madness for a while now and been having this issue since I first got it with the SMX mods. For the vehicles with huge storage slots some parts are cut out making some slots impossible to use. Is this a compatibility issue with my 1920x1080p screen? Bad download? Or is it just how it is made? I tried it with the 120 backpack slot mod and then downgraded to the 90 slot mod yet same results. IIRC I also had the same issue without the extended backpack mods. Glad to have any help and I love this mod (for the Striker APC lol)20221110054937_1.thumb.jpg.79fc911618cf533028b0f4b110895a31.jpg

On 11/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, CaptainRoxy said:

Hello I been using Vehicle Madness for a while now and been having this issue since I first got it with the SMX mods. For the vehicles with huge storage slots some parts are cut out making some slots impossible to use. Is this a compatibility issue with my 1920x1080p screen? Bad download? Or is it just how it is made? I tried it with the 120 backpack slot mod and then downgraded to the 90 slot mod yet same results. IIRC I also had the same issue without the extended backpack mods. Glad to have any help and I love this mod (for the Striker APC lol)

Try 100 slot scrollable backpack (ZMXUiCPBBM) - it has lesser amount of columns so they won't get out of the screen.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, swmeek said:

Is there a way to get the atv to use the vanilla minibike map icon by chance ?

Would need to find the atv in VM's entityclasses.xml file and look for its MapIcon and NavObject if you wanna change it as well. Minibike uses ui_game_symbol_minibike for the MapIcon and minibike for the NavObject.

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)