Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

Nice ... looks good I like it Mikey

Regards

Ragsy

On 2/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, RobWed said:

I repaired an old style Kombi and it's bugged. 

At the point of repairing it it dropped a clone that sat about a metre off the ground. Non-interactable. Can walk through it.

I can hold the vehicle in my inventory but any time I place it it's the same story. I even opened cheat mode and got rid of the vehicle I'd repaired and got a new one. Same story.

I can not reproduce this .... I can take one from creative as well with no issues ,   are you running any other mods  ?  

Ragsy !!

20 hours ago, orlydb said:

anyone is missing vehicle markers on the compass? neither my bike nor my minibike show up in the compass, I don't know if this mod has anything to do with it (I only have this mod and SMX)

Compass stuff is off for Vehicle Madness by default ... and also turns off the vanilla stuff ,   this is done for immersion and to stop vehicle spawn location giveaways .   

So it is a case of remember where you park in the case of vehicles you have found or crafted .....

Regards

Ragsy!!

23 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Compass stuff is off for Vehicle Madness by default ... and also turns off the vanilla stuff ,   this is done for immersion and to stop vehicle spawn location giveaways .   

So it is a case of remember where you park in the case of vehicles you have found or crafted .....

Regards

Ragsy!!

Ah that explains it.. Could it be possible to show the icons if you've picked up then placed a vehicle?

Edited by Chunkimunki
wrong asset quoted (see edit history)

On 3/19/2022 at 2:15 PM, Chunkimunki said:

Ah that explains it.. Could it be possible to show the icons if you've picked up then placed a vehicle?

It sometimes does show them when you place a vehicle you have crafted or have ownership of  ...not intentional on my part as some things have changed a bit since A19.  

We are not planning on making the UI stuff show in the near future ....if we did it would be in a way that limits the view of the icon to only when player is within 30 game blocks distance or less . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness Continues A20 Version Beta 2.0
55 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

@Ragsy 2145 Any update on new vehicles?

Yes there are a few new ones going in for next release .. an extra 14 at present and counting,   also  few more wreck variations also being added as we speak .  

tzEX2ee.jpg

4FejIKj.jpg

WWu6sUA.jpg

2VyqARd.jpg

U0tq3M4.jpg

oJVes67.jpg

JlWuKzX.jpg

LY4CPEQ.jpg

aErHCKo.jpg

C6jH1eD.jpg

These will all be part of the next release coming soon .... some are subject to texture changes so may appear slightly different to these pictures .  

Beta 2.1 will not change any gameplay in the update .... just fixes a few things reported in the feedback posts ,  all vehicles have had a another pass and some have had replacement wheels and cosmetic changes and some have had physics changes.   A few vehicles have had seating mod added since last version some have had clear dirty /scratched windows added.

Regards

Ragsy !!

1 hour ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yes there are a few new ones going in for next release .. an extra 14 at present and counting,   also  few more wreck variations also being added as we speak .  

tzEX2ee.jpg

4FejIKj.jpg

WWu6sUA.jpg

2VyqARd.jpg

U0tq3M4.jpg

oJVes67.jpg

JlWuKzX.jpg

LY4CPEQ.jpg

aErHCKo.jpg

C6jH1eD.jpg

These will all be part of the next release coming soon .... some are subject to texture changes so may appear slightly different to these pictures .  

Beta 2.1 will not change any gameplay in the update .... just fixes a few things reported in the feedback posts ,  all vehicles have had a another pass and some have had replacement wheels and cosmetic changes and some have had physics changes.   A few vehicles have had seating mod added since last version some have had clear dirty /scratched windows added.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Looks awesome! Can we expect in the future the vanilla sedan to be added?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 8:32 AM, Ancientwolf said:

Whats the status on this with the 20.4 update?

Not checked it out yet for A20.4 Stable it should still work have not had any reports of issues yet  ........  the next update to VM with all the loot fixes and new vehicles is delayed atm due to needing a break from modding and some real life stuff.

7 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Man that oldschool dumptruck looks cool I imagine it'll be good for hauling lots of resources from loot places.

Yeah I had the big Dumper Truck version that Subquake has in his overhaul but then i came across this one that Pocket found and donated to VM so used this one instead for next update , there is a garbage truck to mess around in too on next update ....I liked this smaller version for VM to be honest and dont like to duplicate other modders work unless I am using assets we have purchased.   :)

Regards

Ragsy !!

6 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Not checked it out yet for A20.4 Stable it should still work have not had any reports of issues yet  ........  the next update to VM with all the loot fixes and new vehicles is delayed atm due to needing a break from modding and some real life stuff.

Yeah I had the big Dumper Truck version that Subquake has in his overhaul but then i came across this one that Pocket found and donated to VM so used this one instead for next update , there is a garbage truck to mess around in too on next update ....I liked this smaller version for VM to be honest and dont like to duplicate other modders work unless I am using assets we have purchased.   :)

Regards

Ragsy !!

All reasonable approches however i cant wait for the updated hind as myself and my friend have epic use plans for it in our cinematic series. 

i keep getting this in my console at startup

2022-05-05T12:11:58 127.651 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0" did not apply: <set xpath="//window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='queue']/@rows"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2022-05-05T12:11:58 127.653 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0" did not apply: <set xpath="//window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='queue']/@cols"  (line 4 at pos 3)

is this an issue. 

On 5/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, Cronosus said:

i honestly dont like those vehicles and wrecks with non-transparent glass. they looks weird, especially in some graphic settings.

annyway nice progress

What's it look like on what settings?

...asking for science.

I can say it's a hella lot easier to produce a vehicle with opaque glass, because then you aren't spending an extra hour on hand positions. :)

For realsies though, which vehicle and what setting looks bad, and more importantly, which opaque window looks good; might be easy for them to give them all the same good material. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, Beelzebub7905 said:

i keep getting this in my console at startup

2022-05-05T12:11:58 127.651 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0" did not apply: <set xpath="//window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='queue']/@rows"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2022-05-05T12:11:58 127.653 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "Vehicle_Madness_Overhaul_v3_Beta_2.0" did not apply: <set xpath="//window[@name='windowVehicleStorage']/grid[@name='queue']/@cols"  (line 4 at pos 3)

is this an issue. 

Only if you can't see the storage of a vehicle when you try to open it.

It's saying it can't make that change because the target isn't there to change. Which usually implies you're running another mod that has changed that target already. Which will be functionally fine if you can open a vehicle's storage still. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to restrict spawns to the roads?  i keep getting firetrucks spawning on vehicle lifts in buildings and sticking out the side of the building or through fences lol  Absolutely amazing mod by the way, finding that rare good car sitting on the road is a godsend. 

15 hours ago, Inoxx said:

Is there a way to restrict spawns to the roads?  i keep getting firetrucks spawning on vehicle lifts in buildings and sticking out the side of the building or through fences lol  Absolutely amazing mod by the way, finding that rare good car sitting on the road is a godsend. 

If you're finding them in POI's then that means they're in a placeholder group and that placeholder is positioned in the POI.  What you (and the VM guys) can do is edit that list to only include "normal" sized vehicles.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, Arma Rex said:

@Ragsy 2145 Any ETA on an update? I'm curious to try out the new buses.

Update is delayed a bit as I am away from modding atm .

9 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Ragsy I dont know if yall saw this yet i found a set of mod codes allowing modders to make working weapons on vehicles.

Yes I have seen the great work by Closer and Zilox and when i get back to modding i will take a look at that .

Regards

Ragsy !!